Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRT Rally BUG REPORT - ForceFeedback back inverted for Fanatec CSWv2

MrPix

Bug Report Form
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

System Spec
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 driver v205 f/w 65
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v2 (plugged in to Base unit)
Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ v1.5 (plugged in to Base unit)

Windows 8.1 x64

PC Spec not relevant

Steps to reproduce
Start a race

Your recent history of races 
n/a

Which stage were you within the championship\custom event?
n/a

What were you doing specifically when the crashed occurred?
n/a

How long was your current session?
n/a

Which graphics preset were you using?
Ultra

I have the CSWv2 and have major FFB issues with slip/grip/lateral/surface... they all seem inverted... when my wheels are not on the ground or slipping, then the wheel is hard to turn, when it's going in a straight line, it's free to turn with no force at all.

I think Codies have it sorted for the Logitech series as for most other driving games and sims, the Logitech setting need the FFB inverted. In DiRT Rally, the FFB is already inverted, hence the big positives from the majority of wheel users as they are Logitech owners. I owned 4x Logi wheels over the years, and I know Codies main wheels that they test on are G25's and G27 as I was at their HQ 18 months ago and they had a room full of rigs with Logitech wheels on them.

So this is probably why Fanatec and TM wheels feel so wrong. They are recognised as their GUIDs are in the devicesetup.xml, but there is no code in the game (yet) to do a switcheroo on the FFB and invert it.

I realise this is reported in other formats, but it has had no 'feedback' - scuse the pun -or acknowledgement from Codemasters, so wanted to put it in the format requested by @justbiglee

Archived