Sign in to follow this  

So now we have a clear idea of the game

I've hung about the fringes of the game doing just enough to stay where I want to be. I finish Gold in all Events and reached Elite 1. I collected my rewards and today as the game reset, I got a picture of what this game is going to involve for the rest of the year and to describe it as repetitive is an understatement. All the things we put forward as suggestions on this forum have not only not been implemented, they were all ignored and we were given a model that nobody asked for and now the forum, being largely unattended by mods indicates a winding down of development. So for me, the question is do I keep playing snakes and ladders with advancing to Elite 1 to dropping each month for a do over? Do I keep racing the events for almost no reward? I have lost interest in the one lap duels where the goal is never to win, only to beat your opponent and try not to get wiped out by a car that isn't even competing against you. It is now clear this will never be a Formula 1 game and that is disappointing.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I've hung about the fringes of the game doing just enough to stay where I want to be. I finish Gold in all Events and reached Elite 1. I collected my rewards and today as the game reset, I got a picture of what this game is going to involve for the rest of the year and to describe it as repetitive is an understatement. All the things we put forward as suggestions on this forum have not only not been implemented, they were all ignored and we were given a model that nobody asked for and now the forum, being largely unattended by mods indicates a winding down of development. So for me, the question is do I keep playing snakes and ladders with advancing to Elite 1 to dropping each month for a do over? Do I keep racing the events for almost no reward? I have lost interest in the one lap duels where the goal is never to win, only to beat your opponent and try not to get wiped out by a car that isn't even competing against you. It is now clear this will never be a Formula 1 game and that is disappointing.

yeah this game is not even about winning against your opponent ... it's about surviving against the bad AI (the one that isn't even connected to the race and can't even drive the track without crashing by itself ... cheats are secondary ... great work Codemaster 😞

• Agree 3

While I'm 99% sure the game will see no changes for the rest of the season, I am hopeful that should there be a 2020 version we might see what is now Single race mode become an integrated aspect of competition with suitable rewards for 1, 3, or 5 lap races and increased prizes for easy, medium or hard levels with extra for 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I would be happy to pay an entry fee with Resource Points to compete. Everything is in place in the coding. The addition of a reward scheme could be done easily (he says knowing nothing of the sort) and would add depth to a game that has stagnated. Honestly, how many of us would drop the one lap Qualifying against ghost cars to race a full field over 5 laps with a chance to finish first and actually use our acquired driving skills and strategy?

These are the things that will keep me in the game. Not more Elite levels or hidden parts or glow-in-the-dark helmets!!

• Agree 2

My favorite lately is facing bots in qualis where they have a lap time that smokes my own track record, by a lot.

whats the point?

2 hours ago, F1Ken said:

My favorite lately is facing bots in qualis where they have a lap time that smokes my own track record, by a lot.

whats the point?

or sprint races and grid starts where the AI is just bulldozing through and turning it into a demolition derby ... it's just luck to survive without even trying to beat the opponent ... awful 

• Agree 2