Petition on Steam RE: Anthoine Hubert

On Steam, STarScream has initiated a petition to codemasters.

"Petition for Anthoine Hubert to Codemasters.
Just put +1 if you would like Codemasters to make a small update to show, this is only a suggestion, a screen when you start he game showing condolences to Anthoine's family. This is at least something we as fans and players of Formula games can do for Anthoine." 

I thought to post it here also, both to draw attentiopn to it for CM and if any of you would like to support this idea then follow StarScream's suggestion and put a +1

Edited by ShiaLuck
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

+1

You could even honor anthoine with an achievement/trophy: for anthoine - win in spa with charles leclerc, or even for winning the f2 2019 championship which will come in an update. 

• Agree 2

Grow up. This is a man's sport. Hubert died doing what he loved, far removed from pushing pixels around a screen. You should be ashamed for making such a suggestion.

Hubert should be in the game update as part of the F2 roster and the reigning GP3 Champion.

• Agree 2

On 9/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, gregorior said:

+1

You could even honor anthoine with an achievement/trophy: for anthoine - win in spa with charles leclerc, or even for winning the f2 2019 championship which will come in an update. 

I really like that idea. +1 . I will post it to the steam forum on your behalf.

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Grow up. This is a man's sport. Hubert died doing what he loved, far removed from pushing pixels around a screen. You should be ashamed for making such a suggestion.

Hubert should be in the game update as part of the F2 roster and the reigning GP3 Champion.

There's is nothing childish or immature or to be ashamed of in recognising his acheivements and the fact he passed away before he got to realise his full potential. NO-one has suggested removing him from the game.

Edited by ShiaLuck

On the contrary, everyone knows who, what, why.

Your suggestion is empty and meaningless. 

Don’t try to claim some moral high ground that means no one can be critical of the suggestion.

As an idea, it sucks, as does the idea of a game achievement. Tacky beyond words.

• Agree 2

The minimum I'd like to see would be having the sticker on all cars that they're running at Monza. Maybe even the Correa sticker as well.

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

On the contrary, everyone knows who, what, why.

Your suggestion is empty and meaningless. 

Don’t try to claim some moral high ground that means no one can be critical of the suggestion.

As an idea, it sucks, as does the idea of a game achievement. Tacky beyond words.

If anyone has a objection that they can explain, with reasons, I am sure it would be a valuable contribution to the topic and welcomed. Trying to claim some moral high point by stating we 'should be ashamed' and 'it sucks' yet offering no reason for that position is empty and meaningless. Loudly shouting we should ignore what happened without stating a reason just shows your disrespect imho. If you have a decent argument for ignoring him, state it.

3 minutes ago, ShiaLuck said:

If anyone has a objection that they can explain, with reasons, I am sure it would be a valuable contribution to the topic and welcomed. Trying to claim some moral high point by stating we 'should be ashamed' and 'it sucks' yet offering no reason for that position is empty and meaningless. Loudly shouting we should ignore what happened without stating a reason just shows your disrespect imho. If you have a decent argument for ignoring him, state it.

I'm not ignoring him or being disrespectful. Unlike many, I was aware of his progress in the sport prior to the accident.

I just don't think it is appropriate for others to decide what should or should not be done, particularly a bunch of gamers on Steam. 

If Codemasters feel they need to reach out to the family, that might even be seen as a bit insensitive as it's just a game. If they do nothing and just release the update, perhaps it's just a matter of timing. 

Putting a memorial or an achievement in the game is also tacky. It will not bring him back, nor will it heal Juan Manuel Correa any faster. Would you like to include a Get Well Soon card in the game for him? If the answer is no, then perhaps you need to rethink the idea of something for a dead man too.

• Agree 1

On 9/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, steviejay69 said:

If they do nothing and just release the update, perhaps it's just a matter of timing. 

Putting a memorial or an achievement in the game is also tacky. It will not bring him back, nor will it heal Juan Manuel Correa any faster. Would you like to include a Get Well Soon card in the game for him? If the answer is no, then perhaps you need to rethink the idea of something for a dead man too.

Your feeling the need to find such a pathetic excuse for CM shows you don't believe that nothing should be done.

If they do nothing and just release the update, perhaps it's just a matter of timing. 

That's an argument for never paying respects to anyone, because it won't bring them back and as such, it is worthless.

No comment.

But I have a suggestion. If you want to fight me over this take it to PMs. You have had your say, and I have replied. Now let's leave the topic alone and let the rest of the forum contribute as they wish without the fear of some flame war, no?

Edited by ShiaLuck

3 hours ago, ShiaLuck said:

Your feeling the need to find such a pathetic excuse for CM shows you don't believe that nothing should be done.

That's an argument for never paying respects to anyone, because it won't bring them back and as such, it is worthless.

No comment.

But I have a suggestion. If you want to fight me over this take it to PMs. You have had your say, and I have replied. Now let's leave the topic alone and let the rest of the forum contribute as they wish without the fear of some flame war, no?

Yeah I’m not crass. Yeah you don’t seem to think that this idea should be met with anything less than mass 100% approval.

There are other POVs out there.

Memorials are there to make others feel better.

Deal with it.

Given they didn't really do anything with Bianchi when he died I doubt they'll do anything with Hubert except maybe ask permission from the family before including him in the game if they plan to. Because I think that's all they did with Bianchi.

• Agree 1

Wether Hebert is present in the f2 update hopefully Codemasters will follow the wishes of his family

23 minutes ago, Jamesf172 said:

Wether Hebert is present in the f2 update hopefully Codemasters will follow the wishes of his family

They most likely will as Bianchi's family allowed Bianchi to stay in the game after his death.CM most likely will be consulting his family at least anyway before they do anything

2 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Given they didn't really do anything with Bianchi when he died I doubt they'll do anything with Hubert except maybe ask permission from the family before including him in the game if they plan to. Because I think that's all they did with Bianchi.

They may add him to the credits sequence for the next year (or maybe the current one) as I think there are people like Whiting and Lauda in it. I don't own the game, so can't be 100% sure.