Sign in to follow this  

If Codemasters released the DLC of the DR 2.0 tracks for DR 1.0 would you buy them?

If the Dirt Rally 1.0 track works on Dirt Rally 2.0 (see Monte Carlo, Sweden, etc.) I think it's possible that DR 2.0 tracks can work on DR 1.0.
So I'd like to understand how many players like me would be interested in the new tracks.

If we're so many maybe Codemasters might even think about it.

• Disagree 2

After Greece and Finland to DR2.0 I´m done with DR1, so no need.
Different kind of FFB feeling would be only reason to play it but I´m pretty happy with DR2 FFB.
I have PSVR and VR DLC for DR1 but because of sensitivity to motion sickness I can´t play it, sadly :classic_sad:
DR2.0@PS4 Pro@HDR@OLED looks just great :classic_cool:

50 minutes ago, milord37 said:

It's highly unlikely, sorry.

Rally 2.0 is where it's at for the forseeable future 😉 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, milord37 said:

If the Dirt Rally 1.0 track works on Dirt Rally 2.0 (see Monte Carlo, Sweden, etc.) I think it's possible that DR 2.0 tracks can work on DR 1.0.

This logic is flawed. It's like saying "if you can make a cake from eggs and flour, I think it's possible to make eggs and flour from a cake". Upgrading something is doable, downgrading is much more complicated.

• Haha 6
  • Agree 1

Although I still play DR1 for Pikes Peak, there is no way I'd go back to the first DR for rally now.

3 hours ago, milord37 said:

So I'd like to understand how many players like me would be interested in the new tracks.

This as first post? how low, You would almost think you just come here to make trouble. 👎

• Agree 2

it's about different initial conditions.

If dr2 havenn't been existing, then I would buy those dlcs for sure.

But since DR2 is here, there is no reason to go back. And I doubt anyone who bought dr2 would do that

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

Don’t give them more ideas about recycling content 😂😂 

we should be asking for/expecting fresh content. 

Edited by Pieman99
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Honestly, rather no. In fact I like DR2 physics (weight balance was in fact thing that kept me with 2.0 over DR1). After patch I also like FFB. And after buying Greece and Finland I'd definitely like content. The only thing I really miss is pikes peak, but I'm afraid it's totally not going to DR2.0 😞

23 hours ago, caerphoto said:

This logic is flawed. It's like saying "if you can make a cake from eggs and flour, I think it's possible to make eggs and flour from a cake". Upgrading something is doable, downgrading is much more complicated.

What utter nonsense.

It's far more work to increase polys, textures, meshes than it is to remove or reduce them. To upgrade Dirt Rally 1 tracks they would have had to have every surface checked for compatibility with the newer physics based interaction, and multiple road degradation levels defined for every km. If the core world map format is the same (or similar), and this is what the OP is speculating, then it should indeed be about the same effort (or less) to transfer new locations to Dirt Rally 1.0. It's not at all like trying to extract eggs and flour from a cake, you literally couldn't have picked a less useful analogy.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think it will happen - but it's not the craziest idea around here. At the very least the DR1 install base is significantly larger, perhaps when the DR2 cow is out of milk they might be able to squeeze a few more drops from DR1 DLC. Never say never!

DR1 is done for. Makes no sense going back when we have a way superior game in DR2. The only way is to keep building on DR2 while a new engine gets developed for DR3 in the background.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

DR1 is done for. Makes no sense going back when we have a way superior game in DR2. The only way is to keep building on DR2 while a new engine gets developed for DR3 in the background.

Tend to agree. Would not make any sense to throw resources at DR1 when DR2 is hitting full stride. It is after all a significant upgrade (IMO), in all respects from DR1 (despite the issues DR2 has had past and present).

• Agree 2

No, i won't buy anything in DR 1, cause everything is better in DR2.0, DR1 is the past.

• Agree 1

So whaaat??? I really don't understand your topic not even mentioning about the purpose of this huge nonsense. I think that I have got to write some explanations.

1. 'DiRT Rally (1)' is past since 'DiRT Rally 2.0' has been released with brand new content at the beginning, so in the base version of the game.

2. The fact that DLC for DR2.0 is content copied from DR1, doesn't mean that it would be good idea to include DR2.0 tracks as DLC content to DR1.

3. Something like this should have been done before DR2.0 is released as DLC to DR1. Then it would make some sense.

4. Now, when we have got DR2.0 with DLCs, which are partly content copied and upgraded from DR1 something like this would be exactly the same as the situation, which is present in DR2.0, so copy, paste, upgrade (or rather downgrade because the game is older, it is logical).

So the best option is to start working on brand new 'DiRT Rally', 'DiRT Rally 3'. Taking the best characteristic features from DR1 and 2.0, things for which players loved these games and adding features, which should exist from the very beginning, so Clubs, FFB, etc. would make the game everyone would dream of.

• Agree 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

it's about different initial conditions.

If dr2 havenn't been existing, then I would buy those dlcs for sure.

But since DR2 is here, there is no reason to go back. And I doubt anyone who bought dr2 would do that

I did. I broke my wheel on DR1 and had to learn with a controller. Dr1 is much more of balance than DR2.0.. To me it seems DR2.0 is catering to the new up and coming fans of Dirt 4. Its still difficult but unless youve played through every game in the series from Colin Mcrea to now you really dont know how far this franchise has come and im worried. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, LeprechaunDon1776 said:

I did. I broke my wheel on DR1 and had to learn with a controller. Dr1 is much more of balance than DR2.0.. To me it seems DR2.0 is catering to the new up and coming fans of Dirt 4. Its still difficult but unless youve played through every game in the series from Colin Mcrea to now you really dont know how far this franchise has come and im worried. 

the new fans from Dirt 4? what fans were those?! Dirt 4 did not sell very well - it wasn't flashy enough for the casual gaming crowd that made Dirt 2 and 3 sell well, and it wasn't hardcore enough for the Dirt Rally fans.

to answer the original post: no. there is no point spending time and money to add content to an old game that has been replaced.

sure, Battlefront II (2017) is still getting new - and 100% free - stuff (including offline modes), but it has a huge user-base and a pretty big developer behind it that hasn't even started talking internally about its replacement yet.

nope, thanks.

DiRT Rally was a really great game and an unforgettable surprise. But it's over, it can't offer more than that.

• Agree 1

No way. There is no reason to turn back to DR 1. Of course DiRT Rally 1 was a masterpiece. But DR 2.0 is even better. Graphics and sound is better, but the most important thing: physics are even better. They improved all areas so there is no need to play again DR 1. Plus, soon we will have all DR 1 content to the better rally experience of DR 2.0.

What I would buy after Season 3 and 4? Well, more seasons of rally content, and if its not possible, I would buy a new DiRT Rally 3.0.