F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.8 Bug Reports

On 9/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, Flens07 said:

Whenever I drive the weekly or monthly event, the leading driver is now always shown with his total time at the start.
Before the patch it was always the time driven by him at the present stage

That was also earlier but fixed with some update, now it´s back.

PS4

- At RX sometimes car is dirty at start however you didn´t even practice...not a big deal.
- There is distortion with sounds. With PS4 sounds were good something like until patch 1.5, after that there is different kind of distortions and cracks.

AI bug at RX seems to be fixed with 1.8, thanks for that. Now I can start championship again :classic_smile:
Before with Elite level when I won all of four qualifications I didn´t get to semifinals because AI times where somehow always quicker.

edit:
Just completed RX with Elite level and raised to Masters, thanks for patch 1.8.
Noticed that Mettet Belgium is still much harder than other tracks, you should tweak AI level at there!

Edited by MJV1973

What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).

Steam
What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).

FX8320E@16Gb DDR3, RX470@4Gb
Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).

Deluxe
Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

No

Bug:

Offroad driving make framedrops.
This happens, because roads previous version been corridors. But in DR2 roads have a driveable zones, where game engine think framerate need to drop a lot - to 25-30. In same time framerate in road corridor around 100, and framerate in menu is around 60.
Why you can't fix this and continue try to sell parts of game to users what even can't play your game?

UPDATE:

If open escape menu, fps increasing to normal.

UPDATE:

If open escape menu, fps increasing to normal.

DxDiag.txt

Sorry for bad English. :classic_ninja:

Edited by Awasaky
  • Thanks 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: internal view of Ford RS200 Evolution RX, the speedometer doesn't work.

Edited by Deltone91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wrong top lead chronos displayed during events at countdown

After the new update 1.8, when starting a race for a multi-track event (weekly/monthly) , during countdown , the displayed time of the current leader is wrong. Example: in the screenshot it is reported the TOTAL time of the leader... NOT the time of that specific stage!

Obviously, the bug doesn't affect daily event (with only ONE stage)
image.thumb.png.e3804932a8843c181b5da033db40d799.png

- Steam
- i7-3770k + 1080ti +win10
- Deluxe player + Deluxe 2.0
- Keyboard player (yeah, yeah...)

Edited by Adriano1976
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

PC, Steam, Oculus Rift, 8700k, 32GB Ram, Zotac 1080 amp extreme. Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe edition.

Don’t know if I’m being stupid here but I’ve had Dirt Rally 2 since Preorder and only today when my friend came over and had a go I noticed the monitor is displaying one full view (full screen) and another of the same view but in the top left corner overlapping the full screen view??? I’ve never noticed this before and wondering if I’ve c**cked up somewhere? Pretty sure it’s not doing any good for the performance issues that this sim already has regarding VR...🤷🏼‍♂️

https://youtu.be/R3b9LbOpcpE

Edited by gavin27
Forgot PC specifications

13 minutes ago, Adriano1976 said:

Wrong top lead chronos displayed during events at countdown

After the new update 1.8, when starting a race for a multi-track event (weekly/monthly) , during countdown , the displayed time of the current leader is wrong. Example: in the screenshot it is reported the TOTAL time of the leader... NOT the time of that specific stage!

Obviously, the bug doesn't affect daily event (with only ONE stage)
image.thumb.png.e3804932a8843c181b5da033db40d799.png

- Steam
- i7-3770k + 1080ti +win10
- Deluxe player + Deluxe 2.0
- Keyboard player (yeah, yeah...)

The same on PS4 

1 hour ago, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney

Someone try upvote his post by downvote another posts.

Also registration is free, so anyone can abuse your upvote idea.

Yeah looks like somebody's trying to abuse the system.

I've been looking into the forum backend a little to see if there's a better way to handle bug reports; if I come up with anything worthwhile I can test and implement.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I've been looking into the forum backend a little to see if there's a better way to handle bug reports; if I come up with anything worthwhile I can test and implement.

Remove this whole up- downvote ... Bugs should not have likes at all, they are just bugs.

Also PLEASE change the default ordering of the threads to "sort by date" and not "sort by vote". Each time I click on the star to view the newest posts it jumps somewhere in the thread depending on the votes :classic_mellow:

This Technical Assistance forum should behave like the normal forum.

Also a post that was helpful a few weeks ago is probably in an up to date view complete nonsense but because of the upvotes you get it presented as best post.

• Agree 1

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
    • Steam
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
    • i9-9900k, RTX2080Ti
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
    • Standard
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
    • Logitech G29

Connection issues with RaceNet, all progress lost. 

Hello, @PJTierney

I'm playing Powys/Wales rally in Dirt Rally 2.0 and have questions on graphics and visual effects. 

1. Flat surface: I don't feel the volume of surface in this location, gravel looks flat comparing to Argentina or Poland for example. Maybe it was designed this way to make surface more tamped here, but really interesting is it a bug or feature:) 

2. Car is clean: After driving 10km stage car is almost clean except minor black dirt on the bottom, same as after tarmac Spain. Could you please fix that to make Wales more authentic? I think realistic dirt on the car imporving atmosphere of rally game! You can use Dirt 4 configuration, it looks awesome there! 

Updated: Same issue with Greece. Btw to Sweden also applicable, comparing to Dirt 4

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by Driv3rKh

16 minutes ago, Driv3rKh said:

Hello, @PJTierney

I'm playing Powys/Wales rally in Dirt Rally 2.0 and have questions on graphics and visual effects. 

1. Flat surface: I don't feel the volume of surface in this location, gravel looks flat comparing to Argentina or Poland for example. Maybe it was designed this way to make surface more tamped here, but really interesting is it a bug or feature:) 

2. Car is clean: After driving 10km stage car is almost clean except minor black dirt on the bottom, same as after tarmac Spain. Could you please fix that to make Wales more authentic? I think realistic dirt on the car imporving atmosphere of rally game! You can use Dirt 4 configuration, it looks awesome there! 

Cheers,

Alex

I also noticed that the water splash has no effect either. Not water on windscreen or loss of car control. It’s as if the water splashes aren’t there. 

• Thanks 1

hi, on clubs the Uruguayan flag doesn't show correcly

AdhrxBS.png

dirt2 flag club.PNG

for others seem to work, maybe it's just on my side

k1rp8Uo.jpg

Edited by LeonardoRatafia

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Upvote maybe works when users a lot come to theme. Today popularity of game a lot down because most bugs don't fixed so much of time.

For example I'm sure my bug works any system. But I don't understand why you don't fix it so much time.

Hello!

Issues in ver 1.8.

Game launches and crashes immediately if NLR motion sw is on. So no motion if playing in VR...

The Game launches normally on 2D and the motion platform works too. (Except in Free roam in DirtFish where the motion stops working after takeoff) Works fine in all other venues.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

My setup: 8700k / 2080 Ti / 32 RAM / Fanatec DD2 / V3i / SQ1.5 / Vive Pro / NLR V3 Motion333245835_Dirtcrashesatlaunch9.9_2019.jpg.e57861faf4cb82706bc60869bc1add16.jpg

I lost my Opel Manta 400 with all the stats in My Team.

I had all 65 cars in My Garage, now the Manta 400 is gone and with it all the stats.

X-Box One S.

BUG: Gear indicator on dash not readable at Greece.

The (red led) Gear indicator that is on the dash on the cockpit camera view is not readable on the Greece stages. I initially thought it was gone (black) but on some vehicles I can just barely see it. It is very, very dim. Those of us who do not use the HUD rely on this indicator. Especially on Manual Sequential gear selection cars. This seems to be only a problem on the Greece stages. I have not confirmed if it is a problem on any RX stages, only Rally.

I have included photos of the Citroen C4 and MINI Cooper S as examples. It is this way with most cars that use the Red gear indicator.

PC on Steam(Deluxe)

GeForce GTX 1070

Driver version 431.60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU@3.60Hz

16 GB RAM

3440 X 1440, Hz60 (overclock 100Hz)

Logitech G29 w/shifter

Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake

-Joseph

20190909_210051.jpg

20190909_210317.jpg

Edited by JosephM635
Changed to be only about Greece stages, not every event.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Plattform : PC / Steam

Bug:

When choosing the option the gearing-option "manual w/clutch or sequenzial" some cars are related wrong. For example the Renault 5 Turbo is related to sequenzial but it has manual shifter. Or with the 2005er Mitsubishi its vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, Ambientmike said:
  • What platform you're playing on: PS4
  • Deluxe user
  • non-standard peripherals connected: Thrustmaster T300

THIS EFFECTS ALL WHEEL/CONTROLLER USERS.

Main Bug: Audio for turbos not playing when releasing the gas pedal.

Audio for Blow-off valves/turbo seem to still be bugged when gas is not bound to a button. If the gas is bound to a button this effect is extremly noticable and clearly a problem for those of us (most) who use a pedal set, to my knowlegde this bug also effects controllers. Codies have arguably one if not THE best sound of most sim studios and to be lacking on such good sounds is a travesty

🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Blow off valve sound glitch.

🔺  🔺  🔺 🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺

I've been told that this video was useful and that a fix is in development, thanks for this 👍🏻

• Thanks 2

Just a small bug i've found. Nothing really game breaking here but it has to be addressed.

This is what happens when you unbind your "change camera" key. Since i drive only from cockpit i don't need the dash cam. It is bind to a button next to my handbrake (G29 wheel) so i press it sometimes by accident. I haven't tested what happens if you have exterior cameras enabled, but that's not my job to do.

I have audio issues on the replays of Greece stages. Cameras work fine. I'm on Steam.

1. What platform you're playing on: PC Steam

2. What your PC setup/build is: i7 6700 / 1080 ti / 16GB RAM / Win 10 pro (upto date)

3. Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe on release

4. Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected: Fanatec Wheel with "Teensy board" on Simucube/small Mige.

This problems are from the beginning till now:

Replays are running backwards, as long the usb-cable is connected (between Fanatec/Teensy and PC).

Freezes every now and then for some seconds - even when I plug in usb after starting DR.

Thanks!

CRITICAL amount of sound bug as of 1.8 rolled out.

In between 7 stages I had 6 (six)  sound cut off.

Workaround (far from ideal doing this mid race/stage): alt tab out of the game and switch windows sound settings like turning on windows sonic and then off or switch around sound output ports and back.

If you complete a stage with the sound cut off the next one comes out normally, so as of it is known is a software bug.

Storefront: STEAM
MotherBoard: MSI
Soundcard: onboard Realtek (NEVER in any other application this issue was or is present)
GPU: Asus gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: i5 4590 3.7ghz (not oc)
RAM: 8gb

This bug is just ridiculous. Much love for you devs and community managers but man... come on on this one.

Edited by Czar90
storefront addition
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JosephM635 said:

BUG: Gear indicator on dash not readable anymore.

The (red led) Gear indicator that is on the dash on the cockpit camera view is no longer readable. I initially thought it was gone (black) but on some vehicles I can just barely see it. It is very, very dim. Those of us who do not use the HUD rely on this indicator. Especially on Manual Sequential gear selection cars. The red dash Gear indicator was readable prior to 1.8 update.

I have included photos of the Citroen C4 and MINI Cooper S as examples. It is this way with all cars that use the Red gear indicator.

PC on Steam(Deluxe)

GeForce GTX 1070

Driver version 431.60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU@3.60Hz

16 GB RAM

3440 X 1440, Hz60 (overclock 100Hz)

Logitech G29 w/shifter

Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake

-Joseph

20190909_210051.jpg

20190909_210317.jpg

It seems like this happens in Greece!? I've experienced the same thing but I was driving the Bmw in the H3 Rwd class!