DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.8 Bug Reports

There's a bug on Greece when playing during daytime (clear) where the brightness of every car's lights (headlights, brake lights and in-car gear counter) are very dim. On some cars, it is impossible to see the gear counter!?page=2

• Agree 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong note with Italian co-driver.

Greece Rally, (Kathodo Leontiou and Ampelonas Ormi), as shown in the attached video, co-driver call the note "Tornante Sinistro" (Left Hairpin) but is wrong. Correct note is "Tornante destro" (Right Hairpin).

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

There's a bug on Greece when playing during daytime (clear) where the brightness of every car's lights (headlights, brake lights and in-car gear counter) are very dim. On some cars, it is impossible to see the gear counter!?page=2

Noticed the same issue in Greece on daytime clear, Can't see the led gear counter in cockpit view with certain cars. Notably the Polo R5, Fabia R5, 2007 Impreza, Citroen C4 and 1995 Impreza. Fairly certain more cars are affected as well. Just tried Greece on sunset cloudy and can see the gear display so I am assuming it is limited to daytime setting. On Xbox 1 X.

Edited by HAMW05WC2014

Error on french tranlation on the loading stage screen of Argolis. it actually show "Argolide". it should be simply "Argolis" (i am on PS4)

Thanks

Cars don't have backfire in Neutral

Already I noticed before v1.8, but cars don't have backfire when being in Neutral
It not seems car specific, but a general "bug" with all the cars. 
Some system info (although I don't think it has to do with this): PS4 Pro / Delux

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ebarbs27 said:

Sounds like it's this, just dropping these posts in here for reference when tracking this later.

18 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

When you drive in Greece the gear select. Digital number on cockpit display it’s not there...total black. I have tried 3 cars: Impreza ‘08, M2 R-GT and fabia r5.none of them show the numbers on display.seems like it’s a refraction/light setup problem of the game

80882A22-8204-4BA2-8658-CA785195CDBB.jpeg

3859819A-9614-4A1A-AEE0-DF597058EFC4.jpeg

10 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Comparison between Greece(the first one) and Australia (second one)

You can see a huge difference 

D32BF59C-17BC-4D58-9F08-BB5693AD8FB0.jpeg

FCFA8379-411F-4C46-AC43-F3F43B116C21.jpeg

• Agree 1

In addition to sound cut bugs, It happened to me once (so far), that engine sound disappeared during replay. But it was back after a three or four (automatic) camera changes, so without my intervention.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:08 PM, JosephM635 said:

BUG: Gear indicator on dash not readable anymore.

The (red led) Gear indicator that is on the dash on the cockpit camera view is no longer readable. I initially thought it was gone (black) but on some vehicles I can just barely see it. It is very, very dim. Those of us who do not use the HUD rely on this indicator. Especially on Manual Sequential gear selection cars. The red dash Gear indicator was readable prior to 1.8 update.

Is that every stage for you? I've only noticed it on the new Greece stages, and only the daytime variants (manually enabling lights does nothing as well). Edit* not just daytime, also at dusk.

Anyway, same issue here with the R5 Peugeot:

Clipboard01.png.3c1bf82cd4e4b1fad70530acb016ab55.png

Clipboard02.png

Edited by pyide
photo

I'm not sure it's v1.8 issue or particular location one.

I noticed that crowd gfx setting is not taken into account on Innerer Feld Sprint stage. It's obvious immediately at stage start, which is full of crowd even if crowd is set to off.
When watching replay I've checked a final section of this stage confirming there is no difference between off, low and high crowd settings.

Either this issue came with separated VR settings or it's location specific.

I have no time to check other locations. Maybe in next days.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Thanks 1

PS4 Standard

Deluxe user

Normal controller

On stage 3 of the weekly event on argolis with the Peugeot 208 T16 R5.

Same thing on stage 6.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190910175826.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nico said:

I have audio issues on the replays of Greece stages. Cameras work fine. I'm on Steam.

Yeah it’s like when you watch the replay on some corners the sound of the car get cut or lowered way too much

On 9/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney

Someone try upvote his post by downvote another posts.

Also registration is free, so anyone can abuse your upvote idea.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Peter Mathen said:

Remove this whole up- downvote ... Bugs should not have likes at all, they are just bugs.

Also PLEASE change the default ordering of the threads to "sort by date" and not "sort by vote". Each time I click on the star to view the newest posts it jumps somewhere in the thread depending on the votes :classic_mellow:

This Technical Assistance forum should behave like the normal forum.

Also a post that was helpful a few weeks ago is probably in an up to date view complete nonsense but because of the upvotes you get it presented as best post.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Awasaky said:

Upvote maybe works when users a lot come to theme. Today popularity of game a lot down because most bugs don't fixed so much of time.

For example I'm sure my bug works any system. But I don't understand why you don't fix it so much time.

Should be sorted now, back to default format.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, seecs2011 said:
  • What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
    • Steam
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
    • i9-9900k, RTX2080Ti
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
    • Standard
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
    • Logitech G29

Connection issues with RaceNet, all progress lost. 

This was resolved on Monday morning so you should have your cars and CR back now.

i5-8600K, GTX 1070Ti
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel/pedals
Windows 10, Steam
Deluxe 2.0, v1.8.1

"[6] Select" UI button in the bottom right corner during gameplay and replay of the Argentina location, haven't seen in elsewhere. Using this glitched UI button doesn't do anything.

Screenshot of it during gameplay here, and during replay here.

bug1.jpg

bug2.PNG

Edited by chukonu

18 hours ago, Czar90 said:

CRITICAL amount of sound bug as of 1.8 rolled out.

In between 7 stages I had 6 (six)  sound cut off.

Workaround (far from ideal doing this mid race/stage): alt tab out of the game and switch windows sound settings like turning on windows sonic and then off or switch around sound output ports and back.

If you complete a stage with the sound cut off the next one comes out normally, so as of it is known is a software bug.

Storefront: STEAM
MotherBoard: MSI
Soundcard: onboard Realtek (NEVER in any other application this issue was or is present)
GPU: Asus gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: i5 4590 3.7ghz (not oc)
RAM: 8gb

This bug is just ridiculous. Much love for you devs and community managers but man... come on on this one.

Have you been able to trigger it on demand by any chance? if so let us know what steps you're doing.

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
    • Steam
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
    • i5-6600k, GTX1060
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
    • Standard
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
    • Thrustmaster TMX Pr

Finally logged in to do the Qualifiers after racenet was down the whole day. My pedal inputs was inverted. My gas was the brake and my brake was the gas. I use the "clutch" (left side) pedal to brake so it wasnt a default invert. I dont really care about the qualifiers but it wasnt good considered i cannot restart the run...
Edited by FlikenFlaken

Bug.

Free play - Las Juntas (any time/weather)

Stage won't load when selecting MG Metro Group B. Hangs on loading screen.

Stage won't load when selecting Audi Quattro Group B. Crashes to desktop/error report after splashing load screen.

Other Group B cars load up fine.

Issue is 100% repeatable so far.

• PC steam
  • Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500k CPU, Rx580 GPU.
  • Deluxe user
  • Supported peripherals only. Fanatec CSL elite, CS SQ shifter, handbrake.
Edited by KoAStR
RESOLVED by verifying integrity of game files (reaquired 8 filed) through steam

47 minutes ago, chukonu said:

i5-8600K, GTX 1070Ti
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel/pedals
Windows 10, Steam
Deluxe 2.0, v1.8.1

"[6] Select" UI button in the bottom right corner during gameplay and replay of the Argentina location, haven't seen in elsewhere. Using this glitched UI button doesn't do anything.

Screenshot of it during gameplay here, and during replay here.

Is it possible for you to re-upload those images to here? The links don't appear to work.

2 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

Is it possible for you to re-upload those images to here? The links don't appear to work.

They're attached now.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:47 AM, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: internal view of Ford RS200 Evolution RX, the speedometer doesn't work.

The left gauge is temperature and the right is oil pressure, neither of those are speedo or tachometer 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:27 PM, Peter Mathen said:

The start line car does not move bug is back 😞

What I really do not understand is, why so essential bugs will not be ironed out.

CarNotMoving_sm.thumb.jpg.f2d6d4ea0adf2315063449c5ee903e9a.jpg

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus). -> Steam 2D
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.). -> i9, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080TI
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). -> Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. -> Fanatec Wheel, Fanatec HB, HE Pedals, TM Shifter

Please can you provide steps of how you go into this state?

What game mode was you in?

How long had you roughly been playing since booting the game?

Was this the case for every race after the bug occured?

Cheers.

16 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I'm not sure it's v1.8 issue or particular location one.

I noticed that crowd gfx setting is not taken into account on Innerer Feld Sprint stage. It's obvious immediately at stage start, which is full of crowd even if crowd is set to off.
When watching replay I've checked a final section of this stage confirming there is no difference between off, low and high crowd settings.

Either this issue came with separated VR settings or it's location specific.

I have no time to check other locations. Maybe in next days.

Did you restart the track after changing the graphics setting? Some settings require a reload after changing them.

no, had you checked it before you asked me for that? 😉

This particular setting never required track restart before. I'm sure of it because this is how I have chosen optimal settings for VR: pause the game and play with scene details. as far as I remember, all scene detail setting are being applied immediately (in DR1 as well as DR2).

On other side, if there are such options like you said, the game should give a cue about which one requires restart, don't you think?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.

Bug: Starting lights not visible.

Rallycross, Trois-Rivières (Canada), with internal camera it's not possible to see the starting lights. They are visible only with an external camera.IMG_20190911_194555.thumb.jpg.610254c3f628b544b92058dd79a4d1fc.jpgIMG_20190911_194616.thumb.jpg.d65cb347b335cd10aea21b4580955d2c.jpg

Edited by Deltone91

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.

Bug: Wrong note with Italian co-driver.

Greece Rally, (Pomona Ékrixi and Anodou Farmakas), as shown in the attached video, co-driver call the note "2 Sinistra stringe su crinale" (2 left tightens on the ridge) but is wrong. Correct note Is "2 Destra stringe su crinale" (2 Right tightens on the ridge).