DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.8 Bug Reports

I found an issue that caused crazy stuttering in my VR game. It was completely unplayable in VR and caused the VR environment background to fade in and out constantly, every 2 seconds. Nothing would allow me to play the game, even turning all settings to low on a 7700k and 2080ti.

I did find the answer by looking through this thread: Dirt hitching issue

My Thermaltake RGB usb device had to be disabled. The software would then not run (obviously) TT RGB plus. Thus my radiator fans ran at minimum speed and the system temperature went up by 10 degrees under game load.

It is so far impossible for me to run the game in vr with my wheel and pedals without disabling this hid compliant device and then causing my computer to run hot.

• Agree 1

I entered the weekly rally in Greece. The second stage was dark and heavy rain. The warp speed white rain hit me again. I thought this was fixed.

Standar ps4, Deluxe editing and Season 3 and 4 pass.

Since Sweden was added to this game, there is some sound bug. What is more, it appears in particular place.

Skogsrallyt.thumb.jpg.a262805d5c853c6acddaa9035006513b.jpg

Skogsrallyt, exactly here, when you drive I can hear some weird sound, which lasts maybe 1/16 second or even shorter. Something like 'beep'. It is difficult to describe this sound.

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, CM_Ads said:

Please can you provide steps of how you go into this state?

What game mode was you in?

How long had you roughly been playing since booting the game?

Was this the case for every race after the bug occured?

Cheers.

Game mode: Free play with custom championship with 5 stages. Saved after stage 2 in version 1.7 and re-entered the game after 1.8 update to continue with stage 3. Also tried an other custom championship with an other car to continue on stage 2 but the same problem.

Game was approximately 10 minutes running before I started the event.

After that I closed the game, I doesn't want to fiddle any more with the bugs. So I tried not any more races.

Yesterday after the 1.8.1 update, I deleted the championships and started over. I created new ones now without the "car does not move" bug.

Edited by Peter Mathen

@ebarbs27 @HAMW05WC2014 @AlexSpartan316 @DaleRossi @JosephM635 @Selsis

I hope you folks (and all other cockpit drivers) weren't hoping for a prompt fix to those busted gear indicators in Greece!

I was wrongly expecting them to patch this already, but it's looking like it may not even make the next major update due in a few weeks time. Thought you may want to know since I haven't seen any potential timeframe mentioned here for this issue. From /r/dirtgame:

1.9 is only a few weeks away.

Not sure if this one will make the window for 1.9 (since they get locked in a few weeks in advance) but it's on our bug tracker so it will be looked at 🙂

3 minutes ago, pyide said:

I hope you folks (and all other cockpit drivers) weren't hoping for a prompt fix to those busted gear indicators in Greece!

I was wrongly expecting them to patch this already, but it's looking like it may not even make the next major update due in a few weeks time. Thought you may want to know since I haven't seen any potential timeframe mentioned here for this issue. From /r/dirtgame:

Thanks for the update. That sucks, seems like a pretty fundamental thing to check would be actually driving in Greece before releasing.lol

It's not a deal breaker, just makes it a little more difficult when learning an entirely new set of stages. If it is a manual shift car, it's not a problem for h shifter users.

24 minutes ago, pyide said:

It seems like more of an general issue with the brightness of any lights as if you play on the chase camara, the brake lights are really dim as well.

I've been using the 2001 Impreza which doesn't seem as badly affected as other cars, especially if you turn the lights on as the LED gear indicator gets lighter.

It's a bit of a novelty as the actual car doesn't have a red LED gear indicator but instead a computer screen in the dash 🤷‍♂️

20190911_202323.jpg.125c0fc009fd16d0286297cd69f19a4b.jpg

Edited by ebarbs27

Little update to my bug report

If open escape menu, fps increasing to normal. 🤯

Edited by Awasaky

RX Cars still not automatically clean after every Quali race

PS4 Pro - Deluxe - Online - Hell

They will only be cleaned after they get a repair. But when you return to the paddock/service area, the car already should be clean.

Now I had already two quali races online without damage (yes, it is possible 🤣), but no clean car. 

Basically, if you are in an event, than the car should be automatically clean, every time you return to the service area. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3dbcb89734d5893dca99db7d03656471.jpeg

Flying car in RX online when event finished

PS4 Pro - Deluxe - Online - Hell

When the "Event Finished" is showing online, the AI (who controls the car after the finish of an online race) gets mad and go straight and full throttle. Although it looks funny, I don't think it is a well presentation 😛 

image.thumb.png.462d20ae6dff0630d7f91af0bc61330b.png

PC, Steam User

i7-8700, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

I have all DLC and have a G29 Logitech wheel setup.

There is this weird bug where at the start of a rally, after I let go of the handbrake and hit the accelerator, the car refuses to move forward and it slowly goes through all the gears while I'm moving backwards. I've had this happen multiple times and it doesnt' seem like there is a way to fix it This kills your time and is really killing the game for me. I've disconnected my arduino handbrake and it still happens so I think its something within the game rather than one of my peripherals. This bug only started happening after the recent update with Greece. Here is a crappy youtube video I recorded.

Edited by rexdino5
Added Video

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong shifter mode on Renault 5 Turbo.

If you select "H Shifter with cluch or sequential" and use Renault 5 Turbo, It has sequential shifter. In reality the correct shifter would be "H shifter".

• Agree 2

Steam, deluxe, win10, dfgt

Problem starts today, nothing is changed on the game or pc.

I made a setup, save it, choose F1 to change name, get a red cursor and then nothing works anymore. I can only quit the game with right mouse on the icon on the bottom of the screen and choose to exit the game.

This is both in a daily and in clubs.

Edited by Janneman60

• PC, Steam
  • RX 570, i5-4460, 16 GB RAM
  • Deluxe (1,2,3,4 seasons)
  • DFGT

Hi, I found the bug with tyres in freeplay.

Steps:

1. Choose soft tyres for stage.
  2. Run this stage and finish it. 
  3. Drive to service area and you will see, that your "soft tires is used(it's ok)."
  4. Exit the game to Windows. 
  5. Load the game with championship, when you played before. 
  6. Go to menu where you can select tyres and you'll see - soft tyres is medium and used(it's not ok).

And this bug will appear, when you exit from the stage to Windows and after load the game with this championship.

Thanks. 

image.png

690790_20190918002649_1.png

Edited by MAITSUNE

• PC, Steam
  • GTX 1050 Ti, i7-7700HQ, 8 GB RAM
  • Deluxe (Seasons 1 & 2, plus Season 3 rally content)
  • PDP Xbox One controller

During today's H1 Daily Challenge in Greece, I found that the Controll Stop marshall is on the other side of the road, facing the wrong direction:

20190917204959_1.thumb.jpg.ea1aa8e3d9746e41dedf4f03c9a23646.jpg

Not game-breaking or anything, but interesting. Haven't noticed it on other stages (well, I have only tried Fourketa Curve).

PS: Despite he looks at the car when it is stopped, he wasn't looking while it was comming.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, AyrtJ97 said:
  • PC, Steam
  • GTX 1050 Ti, i7-7700HQ, 8 GB RAM
  • Deluxe (Seasons 1 & 2, plus Season 3 rally content)
  • PDP Xbox One controller

During today's H1 Daily Challenge in Greece, I found that the Controll Stop marshall is on the other side of the road, facing the wrong direction:

20190917204959_1.thumb.jpg.ea1aa8e3d9746e41dedf4f03c9a23646.jpg

Not game-breaking or anything, but interesting. Haven't noticed it on other stages (well, I have only tried Fourketa Curve).

PS: Despite he looks at the car when it is stopped, he wasn't looking while it was comming.

What is he doing with his hand? 🤣

• PC, Steam
  • RX 570, i5-4460, 16 GB RAM
  • Deluxe (1,2,3,4 seasons)
  • DFGT

Second bug what I found.

In freeplay, if you finish event and after going to choose car immediately(or not), menu car may not appear and game will stuck without any response(I cannot exit to menu, but game is still alive, only Alt+F4). It's random. 

690790_20190918163221_1.png

Edited by MAITSUNE
screen

Hi guys just posting a little video i did of a replay, the trackside camera is selected but dosent always stay on trackside it cuts to interior a few times......Ive sped the video up to show..

ps4 pro

Thanks..

PC Steam

GTX 1070, 1230v3, 16gb RAM, Windows 10, SSD, 1440p

Super deluxe (1-4)

G920+shifter

Issue: some car interiors have very low quality textures, this is with car details and textures both on ultra. The dashboard on Polo R5 has enormous pixels, Ford RS200 has one very low-res texture visible. The dashboard on 208 T16 isn't as bad but imo should be improved

20190916134109_1.jpg

20190917212040_1.jpg

20190917235110_1.jpg

PS4 Standard

Game v1.8.1

In Baumholder after the repair the car in front is always floating in the next screen. Every car in front without contact to the Ground.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190917105653.jpg

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190912232541.jpg

PC Steam

GTX 1070, 1230v3, 16gb RAM, Windows 10, SSD, Sound Blaster Z + headphones, 1440p

Super deluxe (1-4)

G920+shifter 

Issue: Rallycross spotter is too quiet. With my settings I can hear the rally co-driver very well, but the RX spotter is far quieter and it's really difficult to hear what he says. Changing settings everytime you change between rally and RX should not be necessary, please adjust the sound levels. English language

My sound settings:

20190918145653_1.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo

PC Steam

Super deluxe (1-4)

G920+shifter 

Issue: In Sweden the pacenotes are wrong in some places. The co-driver says left when the corner is right, or the other way around. English language

Edited by HoksuHoo

PC Steam

Super deluxe (1-4)

G920+shifter 

Issue: Windshield wipers often go on completely randomly. This happens regardless of whether automatic wipers are on or off. Pic is automatic wipers OFF and it still goes on. This happens with all cars

20190920203644_1.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
added phoho

On 9/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, MAITSUNE said:

In freeplay, if you finish event and after going to choose car immediately(or not), menu car may not appear and game will stuck without any response(I cannot exit to menu, but game is still alive, only Alt+F4). It's random.

Exactly the same bug I had on the PS4. (The game version was maybe older than the current one)