DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.8 Bug Reports

There is no mention of Turbo in repair menu of BMW M2 Competition.

But - it's still breakable.

So after you break it - you can't fix it. There is just no option to do that in repair menu.

So you're stuck with a slow car with no turbo pressure. FOREVER.

• Like 6

have seen similar issues reported for F1 2019, but I have not seen this posted for Dirt Rally 2.0

Random Sound Drop

Oculus

i5 8600K

Logitech G29

Random sound dropout is a huge problem.  I've tried to figure out what triggers it, but cannot.  For me, it happens on average about 1 hour into the game.  When it happens, I can only hear gravel noises.  Changing the current Output Device to Oculus Rift fixes it temporarily.  If it happens again, you have to choose the default sound device, then back to Oculus Rift.

DxDiag.txt

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/3/2019 at 2:49 PM, MattyH1812 said:
  • What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti 
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - No

Bug in Estering, if you leave your Joker to the last lap, your spotter doesn't tell you it's the last lap, noticed in custom event, same in heat races and finals

Same bug happened today in Mettet during the daily challenge 

On 9/20/2019 at 9:34 AM, SteaveG said:

have seen similar issues reported for F1 2019, but I have not seen this posted for Dirt Rally 2.0

Random Sound Drop

Oculus

i5 8600K

Logitech G29

Random sound dropout is a huge problem.  I've tried to figure out what triggers it, but cannot.  For me, it happens on average about 1 hour into the game.  When it happens, I can only hear gravel noises.  Changing the current Output Device to Oculus Rift fixes it temporarily.  If it happens again, you have to choose the default sound device, then back to Oculus Rift.

DxDiag.txt

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Changing sound device to something else and then back gets sounds back, but it's a really annoying problem that hopefully will be fixed asap.

edit: Has happened on a pretty regular basis ever since. It has never happened in Freeplay so Racenet related?

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

Ps4

Dulexe edition

Thrustmaster t300 & thrustmaster sparco mod 

In the cockpit view in time trials, the display on the dashboard is very dark and it is nearly impossible to see what gear you are in. This only seems to be happening in the Greece stages.

• Like 1

Not just time trials, it happens in any game mode, and only in Greece. PC Steam

20190919005120_1.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

PS4 Standard

Game v1.8.1 - HDR Freeplay

In the top right corner, where the times are displayed, you can see continuously brightening rings or a brighter area around them during the night races.
On the pictures here this is much worse to see (increase contrast of your monitor) but in the game with HDR it doesn't look acceptable.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190920234325.jpg

Greece:

• the tunnel doesn't reflect light coming from headlights. I had a ride at evening. While lights worked as expected, entering the tunnel i felt like in a black hole: road, walls, everything was pitch black
  • in addition to the gear indicator in Greece: it doesn't happen in all stages. Only some of them (however it's deterministic). Choosing to go this "affected" stages at night, the gear indicator is visible but digits are very dark.
  • sometimes ground objects (grass) flickers a lot. but it's not indeterministic. Another day it's rendered without issues.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I've seen no this report so far:

• in monthly challenge, which contain multiple events (countries), when finishing a country the game shows "Monthly challenge finished", even if there are more events to finish.

I don't know how to tell you,  since greece DLC (as i remember) all the visuals went wrong...

If you watch a replay about your car, all the black plastic parts seems almost white but at least light grey instead of black!:classic_ohmy:

The headlight visibility was a weak point in Dirt Rally 2.0 in day light conditions, but now everything seems gone. Almost No visible tail lights, no visible brake lights :classic_sad:

Please give us previous settings back! Even you should bring us useable headlights for dark scenes at day lights. Thanks

On 9/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, Awasaky said:

Little update to my bug report

If open escape menu, fps increasing to normal. 🤯

Same bug still exist still Dirt Rally 2.0 v1.0 - no devs tracking it ...

I'm aware of the audio bug where everything goes quiet except for the gravel, have had it happen a few times now and super annoying as reported elsewhere. 

I'm getting another audio bug where the sound quality goes bad, everything is still present but sounds distorted/choppy like a bad headphone jack. It doesn't affect sound in other apps, just DR2.0. It appears to be triggered sometimes by going slightly off track and hitting a fence or post. Problem continues until the race ends, then sometimes fixes itself but sometimes the game needs to be restarted. 

• What platform you're playing on. 
  •  - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i5, 32GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti 
  •  Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  •  Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  •  - Wheel/shifter/handbrake, Oculus Rift
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

I've seen no this report so far:

• in monthly challenge, which contain multiple events (countries), when finishing a country the game shows "Monthly challenge finished", even if there are more events to finish.

Maybe related to:

• monthly challenges (with 4 events as an example) count 4 events started, but only 1 event as finished, even if you finished all events in that monthly challenge. You can see this in car statistics in garage in my team game mode.

Yeah and probably somehow related to the fact, that when a car is marked in garage as "in use", information next to is messed up comparing to reality.

In this particular case, I attended with my Focus01 to Monthly Challenge, which started by USA followed by SWEDEN and other countries. At time I was in the middle of Sweden event, in garage I've been informed that my Focus is used in "Community Challenge" in USA country.

Initially I though the garage shows the first event of the challenge. But it seems challenge type is messed too.

Considering community challenge, yes I was involved into this at the same time, but with Class A car...

I have screenshots... But I'm not going to hurt your eyes, since those are made in VR, I'm providing a gallery for reference only: https://imgur.com/a/xAl12VK

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

After upgrade PC, framerate drops disappear, but now sound randomly switch off, except gravel rustles.

Can this game work fine at some PC?

Changes:

Asrock 970A-G/3.1 -> MSI B450-A Pro Max

FX8320e -> Ryzen 1600

DDR3 1600 -> DDR4 3200

DxDiag.txt

Hello everyone.

Just a heads up, version 1.9 is locked in, you can find notes here:

All platforms, specification of NR4 EvoX is incorrect based on FIA rules for car/class as well as from previous title (Dirt4) which had the correct weight - Version in DR2 went on a laxative diet and thinks it's a GrpA car or didn't tell the FIA it was 4WD.

That a lot of weight lost and causes quite the issue between the only two cars in that category.

d4evox.thumb.png.26720439caf4c52591080ee416328fb3.png

DR2evox.thumb.jpg.002eac3312eddf0cb9e140a1c719e3ec.jpg

• Agree 1

On 9/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, AlekseiL said:

There is no mention of Turbo in repair menu of BMW M2 Competition.

But - it's still breakable.

So after you break it - you can't fix it. There is just no option to do that in repair menu.

So you're stuck with a slow car with no turbo pressure. FOREVER.

yep!... fix this, please!

26 minutes ago, Adriano1976 said:

yep!... fix this, please!

On 9/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, Pioy said:

And no turbo repair for BMW M2 is mentioned. Pitty for me as f...

Hi yes we have fixed this, it will be in Update 1.10 eta Oct 29th 2019, unfortunately it was fixed the day after we locked down Update 1.9.

Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

Producer Matt

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, matthewhorsman said:

Hi yes we have fixed this, it will be in Update 1.10 eta Oct 29th 2019, unfortunately it was fixed the day after we locked down Update 1.9.

Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

Producer Matt

woah!... thanx!

Hi, on PC sometimes I still have problems with the impossible audio that since February has not been solved yet. Sometimes it works well even for three hours and sometimes it disappears after a special test and you only hear the sound of pebbles in the background, I hope it's solved because it's really frustrating.

15 minutes ago, RocconMarco said:

Hi, on PC sometimes I still have problems with the impossible audio that since February has not been solved yet. Sometimes it works well even for three hours and sometimes it disappears after a special test and you only hear the sound of pebbles in the background, I hope it's solved because it's really frustrating.

@RocconMarco There is a fix in for this in the 1.9 patch that is coming on very soon please try again after the update. Hopefully it solved for you 🙂

Full patch notes here: 

• Agree 1

Hello Codmasters Support,

I am here to submit a bug report in regards to DiRT Rally 2.0. During my run in Week 1 of Round 1 in the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship, my car had body panels incorrectly place onto the car for the whole stage, which proved very distracting for me throughout the whole event. If you guys could fix this, that would be great.

Thank you,

Matthew Z (GamerLogicFTW)

Xbox One S

Controller

Deluxe Member

• Haha 1