DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.8 Bug Reports

IMPORTANT: Read and understand this entire opening post before replying, as providing the right amount of detail will help out the team immensely in tracking and resolving any bugs that arise, thanks.

ALSO: For VR-specific bug reporting, head here: 

DR2_BMW_M2_Competition_1.jpg

Before posting, please make sure to follow these guidelines. Without adequate information the team will have trouble identifying and fixing bugs, so please provide as much info as you can:

• Check if a bug has already been reported.
  • If you reported a bug in a previous version of the game, check your game first to see if it's been fixed.
  • If a bug has been reported and you are experiencing the same issue, hit the ❤️ icon.  
  • The more popular bug posts will have a better chance of catching the attention of the team.
    Also, this thread allows us to sort comments by how many votes they have, so make use of that feature 🙂 
  • If a bug cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.
  • When you experience a bug, please try to trigger said bug again if you can, and show us the steps you went through to trigger it.
  • Text steps are good, video even better.
  • One bug per post please, for our tracking purposes. That way every bug gets its own URL for us to investigate.

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • Like 1

• What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti 
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - No

Bug in Estering, if you leave your Joker to the last lap, your spotter doesn't tell you it's the last lap, noticed in custom event, same in heat races and finals

• Thanks 1

Steam / i7 8700K / 2080ti / 32GB / SSD only /Deluxe-Version / CSW2.5+Porsche-Rim an V3-pedals / Samsung Odyssey +

Still no mouse in VR 😡

The text isn´t better readable in VR (see no changes)

Performance in VR still bad ( and that´s on a power-pc)

Edited by Flens07
Add PC-Info

Lens dust item is not functioning.
It turn on regardless of the setting.

PC Steam

1. What platform you're playing on: PC Steam

2. What your PC setup/build is: Ryzen 2700x / 8gb RX480  / 16GB RAM / Win 10 pro (upto date)

3. Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe on release

4. Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected: Using Xbox controller 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yesterday & today I've had a total of 6 audio bugs wreck my online daily events. 

Here it is in one of yesterdays events where it starts just after the 5 minutes mark, Yesterday the FWD H1 event in Argentina & todays RX Super 1600s community event both lost audio as I went from the pits to the starting line which are also recorded if you want them so I had to guess at the starting countdown & go without the co-driver calls which for me is a problem as I race hudless as you can see in the video.  Add to this how you're trying to turn Dirt Rally 2.0 into a subscription service by making season passes actual season passes & I gotta say it sucks.  

EDITED to add specs:

1. What platform you're playing on: PC Steam

2. What your PC setup/build is: Ryzen 2700x / 8gb RX480  / 16GB RAM / Win 10 pro (upto date)

3. Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe on release

4. Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected: Using Xbox controller

Edited by nashathedog
  • Agree 2

1. What platform you're playing on: PC Steam

2. What your PC setup/build is: i5 4690 / Asus RX 560 4GB / 16GB RAM (but my issue isn't dependent on the pc specs)

3. Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe

4. Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected: No (also it doesn't matter)

The issue hasn't been solved up to this day, when it comes to Polish mistranslations in the game. There was even a topic at Steam discussions so the problem concerns some amount of people https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1798529872644793067/

1. The word "Aspiration" is wrongly translated. In Polish we don't use "Aspiracja" in terms of the type of engine. The word which to some extend will give a meaning could be "Zasysanie" or "Napowietrzanie", but when we are talking about aspiration of the engine, we usually describe it as just "Rodzaj silnika" (Type of engine) or something like that.

The similar thing is when we talk about non-aspirated engine. In Polish the word "Natural" does mean "Naturalne" but again not in the context of engine. Instead of "Naturalne" we say that the engine without a turbo is "Wolnossący". The other types of aspirations are correct.

2. When the car is "Used", in Polish it means that the car is "Używany", because "Wykorzystano" is understood mostly as e.g. "Utilised" or "Worn out"

Attachment to the points 1 and 2

3. The next mistranslation is connected to the car setup and it is just a spelling issue. The letters has swapped positions, instead of "Dodanti" should be "Dodatni"

20190903195843_1.thumb.jpg.11f39226cefd5582608f7ece02302ea7.jpg

4. This point is about choosing the tires. When it comes to see the tire managment, the "Hard" compound is again translated in Polish in the wrong context. It should be "Twarde" because "Wysoki" is a meaning of "High". Also, the small lack of a letter is in the middle compound of tires, because there should be "Średnie" not "Średni".

20190903195902_1.thumb.jpg.01fa500b3ca6e16cc64beb713d3ea916.jpg

5. The last mistranslation I noticed, is that a "Terminal Damage" can be translated a little bit better. As I can see, there was a change from "Uderzenie" to "Uszkodzenia" lately but in my opinion, the best translation will be "Uszkodzenia Krytyczne" because this is better Polish equivalent. The word "Poważne" doesn't have as strong meaning as "Krytyczne".

20190903200246_1.thumb.jpg.59ea62c798e61414f111a8e737dd3252.jpg

Edited by michciu1907
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Guys, you fixed Poland, but messed up Spain right now 🙂

Times of day.

Sunset is now at 07:34 in Spain!

edit: also, Sunset in Monte Carlo -- 08:01

Greece -- Sunset -- 07:14

[1. What platform you're playing on: PC Steam

3. Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe]

Edited by Hardy
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

• What platform you're playing on - ps4
  • What your PC setup/build is like - ps4.
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user - deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, likesteering wheels, gaming mice etc.-thrustmaster t300 
  • In racenet clubs in game there are not any CLUB im in. And i have more than 40 clubs joinet. 

1567573170733281683745.jpg

• What platform you're playing on: PS4
  • Deluxe user
  • non-standard peripherals connected: Thrustmaster T300

THIS EFFECTS ALL WHEEL/CONTROLLER USERS.

Main Bug: Audio for turbos not playing when releasing the gas pedal.

Audio for Blow-off valves/turbo seem to still be bugged when gas is not bound to a button. If the gas is bound to a button this effect is extremly noticable and clearly a problem for those of us (most) who use a pedal set, to my knowlegde this bug also effects controllers. Codies have arguably one if not THE best sound of most sim studios and to be lacking on such good sounds is a travesty

🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Blow off valve sound glitch.

🔺  🔺  🔺 🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺

Edited by Ambientmike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 7

4 hours ago, dejkoo said:
  • What platform you're playing on - ps4
  • What your PC setup/build is like - ps4.
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user - deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, likesteering wheels, gaming mice etc.-thrustmaster t300 
  • In racenet clubs in game there are not any CLUB im in. And i have more than 40 clubs joinet. 

1567573170733281683745.jpg

Can you let me know your racenet name please? Maybe try leave any clubs that you are not needing to be in while I investigate. 40 clubs is a lot to be active in 🙂

• Platform: PS4
  • User: Deluxe
  • non-standard peripherals connected: Logitech g29

Audio (Spanish co-driver) bug in Col de Turini - Sprint en descente -> No co-driver audio (actually it drops drastically) at the end of the stage, the last 400m.

This might be related to other suddenly louder pace notes than the whole stage ones. Co-driver volume changes are quite annoying, specially because they are not related to a narrow or fast section of the stage. (Again, talking about Spanish co-driver.). Thanks in advance.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Platform: X1X (DX edition)

I'm having some severe performance issues post 1.8 with massive frame drops and screen tearing (when driving thru hairpins) in stages and conditions that require headlights. There's also issues with detail pop in with the absolute most obvious being displayed on the Holjes daily challenge (rain). When you drive towards the final set of corners the near horizon is a single shade of grey which fills in piece by piece as you drive closer. There's also issues with Monte Carlo (downhill) where you can clearly see a 'line' of light (on the wall) been drawn in a few metres in front of the car. It's almost like the detail draw distance has been dramatically reduced?

• Agree 1

PC Steam, Deluxe version

Minor issue--> NLRv3 works perfect on all stages except the free roam Dirt Fish.

• What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti 
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • - No

Bug noticed in Super 1600s RX custom championship, after finishing an event and pressing continue to next event, screen will freeze and next event won't load, forcing you to quit the game

Confirmed in Group B RWD and Rally GT custom championships, game freezes on this screen after trying to load:

20190904161137_1.thumb.jpg.ba122233d54e32e1a34459f6613ae6f4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong note with Italian co-driver.

Spain Rally, (Comienzo en Bellriu and Ascenso por valle el Gaulet), as shown in the attached video, co-driver call the note "1 Sinistra" (1 Left) but is wrong. Correct note is "1 destra" (1 right).

Still present from version 1.0! I've already reported it 5 times, I don't know how else to do it!

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Xbox One

When you're steering on full lock and you use manual gears, the driver will rapidly move his hand from the wheel to the gear lever/paddle.

This is probably easiest to see by going in to dirtfish and using the 01 Focus as the lever is right next to the wheel but it's the same for every car. In my example, I used the Impreza which has a paddle shift system but you get the idea...

(This is on a controller. Not sure if it's the case for wheel users)

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Xbox One

In Sweden, the car occasionally accumulates mud instead of snow. I haven't tested whether this is time or stage specific, or whether it's totally random.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, michciu1907 said:

3. The next mistranslation is connected to the car setup and it is just a spelling issue. The letters has swapped positions, instead of "Dodanti" should be "Dodatni"

20190903195843_1.thumb.jpg.11f39226cefd5582608f7ece02302ea7.jpg

Also "Ułożenie" should be replaced by "Geometria"
"Amortyzatory" instead "Amortyzacja" fits better other plural nouns.

BTW we (simracing.pl portal) did official translation to GTR1, GTR2 and rFactor. It was the last time I've seen a racing game free of trivial and stupid mistakes in translations which usually originate from lacking of knowledge about translated subject. Shouldn't such games be translated by people who are familiar with automotive technologies? It's really sad that publishers co-work with unqualified translators.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

• What platform you're playing on PC Steam.
  • What your PC setup/build is like (1050Ti, i7-8700, 27" Single Monitor).
  • Deluxe user
  • Using Xbox controller

Currently have no co driver audio at all. It cut out two days ago for one stage, next stage I did the co-driver was back, and there has been nothing since. I have all other audio, just no co-driver. Doesn't change if I use headphones or my external speakers. Would really like a fix for this as it makes it a little hard to be competitive.

PC - 1.8 Driver is still moving his hand in infinitive loop when turning and changing gears. WHY?! ITS BUGGED ON YOUR YT TRAILERS TOO

On 9/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, Ambientmike said:
  • What platform you're playing on: PS4
  • Deluxe user
  • non-standard peripherals connected: Thrustmaster T300

THIS EFFECTS ALL WHEEL/CONTROLLER USERS.

Main Bug: Audio for turbos not playing when releasing the gas pedal.

Audio for Blow-off valves/turbo seem to still be bugged when gas is not bound to a button. If the gas is bound to a button this effect is extremly noticable and clearly a problem for those of us (most) who use a pedal set, to my knowlegde this bug also effects controllers. Codies have arguably one if not THE best sound of most sim studios and to be lacking on such good sounds is a travesty

🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  🔻  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Blow off valve sound glitch.

🔺  🔺  🔺 🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺  🔺

For immersion this is quite significant. 

It would be nice if the Quattro sounded a bit more like this (with pedals):

• Agree 2

Whenever I drive the weekly or monthly event, the leading driver is now always shown with his total time at the start.
Before the patch it was always the time driven by him at the present stage

• Thanks 1

The start line car does not move bug is back 😞

What I really do not understand is, why so essential bugs will not be ironed out.

CarNotMoving_sm.thumb.jpg.f2d6d4ea0adf2315063449c5ee903e9a.jpg

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus). -> Steam 2D
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.). -> i9, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080TI
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). -> Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. -> Fanatec Wheel, Fanatec HB, HE Pedals, TM Shifter
  • Thanks 1

Platform: PS4, deluxe owner

There is another bug in the Polish translation, adding to the ones mentioned above. After you get terminal damage, the impact speed is translated as "prędkość udeżenia", which is a mistake. It should be "prędkość uderzenia". Seeing such basic translation mistakes in an overall greatly polished (no pun intended) game is very weird.

Also, not sure if it's a bug, but I think the visibility in daytime snowy weather in Sweden is still too low as the screen is too bright. As a consequence you can't see the road ahead and it's almost impossible to compete on harder difficulties unless you set the in-game brightness to 0. I'm very happy New Zealand has been improved in this area, I hope Sweden will be looked into as well.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Thanks 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug / Issue: DS21 motor sound

Sound engine of DS21 is much higher than all other cars, and as a result it is hard to hear the co-driver voice. Is it possible to lower it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1