Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Logitech G27 - default settings give rotation of about 50 degrees, and zero FFB around centre

Synergist

Like in other EGO3 games, the force feedback response tails off to basically zero in the few degrees around centre. This is something I can tolerate in Autosport, but in a sim rally game where accuracy around centre is really important it's very frustrating.

I can see the wheel twitching like crazy if I go cockpit, and my in-game deadzone is set to 0% -- as dialing in even 5% makes it too dangerous -- and FFB effects and wheel resistance quickly come in if you turn a couple of degrees. I've done the usual Profiler tweaks -- setting Overall Effects to a few percent above 100 (e.g. 106%) and trying various things re the centering spring, and also allowing the game to override the Profiler settings. It improved things from the defaults, but it's not right yet.

Also, when I jumped into my first race, I had an effective rotation of about 50 degrees - full lock-to-lock could be achieved in about a quarter of a turn. This was before I set up a profile for the game in Logitech Profiler and manually forced degrees of rotation to a usable 500/550 degrees.

[edit]
I've noted the other threads about this, including http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5761/dirt-rally-force-feedback and an improved FFB XML on RD: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ffb-fixed.104679/
Hi mate saw you on the other night, you have pretty much done the same things I have done and I have also tried the the CM settings and it isn't right on any level, it is too heavy in corners and no FFB in the centre as you say, at the moment GAS seems to have better feedback than Dirt Rally which is a shame but I am sure it will get fixed.

I normally run profiler 100% overall, 0% damper/spring and no return spring which works for all CM games and I adjust the vibration, weight and strength in the game to my liking with 100% saturation, 0% deadzone and 0% linearity so a 1:1 ratio and it just feels wrong.

I looked at the Racedepartment effects.xml but CM are advising not to use it?

I want the cockpit view wheel movement to match my wheel i.e all the shakes and rattles but it's not there is it?
I try the racadepartment.xml for ffb and this works so good. But needs to be improved the input lag is amazing and it's dificult to go fast. 

Another think i feel is the gear box with clutch. To this mode need to put "n" gear for 1 second, if not the next gear don't entry. Too slow manual gear box. Maybe is for the input lag problem.
Hi mate saw you on the other night, you have pretty much done the same things I have done and I have also tried the the CM settings and it isn't right on any level, it is too heavy in corners and no FFB in the centre as you say, at the moment GAS seems to have better feedback than Dirt Rally which is a shame but I am sure it will get fixed.

I normally run profiler 100% overall, 0% damper/spring and no return spring which works for all CM games and I adjust the vibration, weight and strength in the game to my liking with 100% saturation, 0% deadzone and 0% linearity so a 1:1 ratio and it just feels wrong.

I looked at the Racedepartment effects.xml but CM are advising not to use it?

I want the cockpit view wheel movement to match my wheel i.e all the shakes and rattles but it's not there is it?
Alright!

Before I saw your reply I've replaced the XML with the RD one (taken from DiRT3?), put the Profiler to 100% overall and increased the in-game to 100% for all FFB per the RD post. Still no centering spring enabled. It's better, but the cars are still behaving oddly.

In particular, they still fishtail around in the opposite direction to what you expect based on inertia and angle. I've found myself pivoting left just before a right hand hairpin a few times. They're also very poor at feeding back when you lock up, no wheel feel at all.

|Racing with about 550 degrees of rotation, trying to pull the wheel round to exit a hairpin corner is still almost impossible, wheel weight feels like a bus and constant - nothing like real life, the rack would be be trying to return to centre or at least follow the turn angle as you exit a sideways moment. No feel of torque steer. 
I'm having the exact same problem with my tx wheel, I hope codemaster look into it very soon.
I gonna try a reinstall. The game seriously reminds of Colin mccrea which pleasing, no ffb round centre not good. Oh yeh vibration is nil, which is main issue.
I used the RD one and set 100% on Overall, spring and damper but with return spring unticked and on 0%, in game I used 80% on vibration and strength and 10% on weight it gets rid of that heavy feeling around corners although I am using 140 degrees rotation so it's nice and tight, it's getting there for me but I do like a go kart set up.

Archived