Track Limits in DiRT World Series

That means whoever takes the best potato line wins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's try and find all the cuts and share them with as many people as possible to have a more level playing field. Just going to have to accept there are going to be massive cuts so it's better that everyone does them than just the guys who will qualify because they know where to cut.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I just want to say I'm disappointed at the way this issue is being handled at the moment. And I'm sure I'm not alone in this. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

2 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Let's try and find all the cuts and share them with as many people as possible to have a more level playing field. Just going to have to accept there are going to be massive cuts so it's better that everyone does them than just the guys who will qualify because they know where to cut.

This is exactly why I wanted this post to be so "brutally" public - we have removed any doubts and questions about this now. Everyone now knows that cuts have become a requirement.  With that in mind, let's try to eliminate as many hidden lines as possible so that before the 10th, everyone knows exactly what will be expected of them to win the event.

• Agree 5

The fastest guys will be on top anyways, even if they'd drive 100% within the track limits and I took the safari lines, so I'm not seriously considering myself a contender for the win, on the contrary, I'm light years away, but it's a shame, really, that in a World Championship where the spirit should be one of  sportsmanship it'll be necessary to take these ugly lines. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

20 minutes ago, richie said:

The fastest guys will be on top anyways, even if they'd drive 100% within the track limits and I took the safari lines, so I'm not seriously considering myself a contender for the win, but it's a shame, really, that in a World Championship that should be driven by certain spirit of sportsmanship it'll be necessary to take these ugly lines. 

Yeah, same here. I won’t be contending for the top spots. But, when I trie the qualifying I want to at least know where I’m at. And I want whoever wins to be the best driver, not the best cheater.

• Agree 2

i recorded a few of the cuts so people can see them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i recorded a few of the cuts so people can see them.

Wow, just wow.. I didn`t even know about first and last cheat cut. So basically there`s at least 7-8 cheat cuts, some completely off the chart.

And seems like they will be allowed. I`m just sad at this point, not even mad.

Eventually and hopefully the zone limits will be adjusted to prevent this in the future. Either reset or time penalty like in other CM games.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Eventually and hopefully the zone limits will be adjusted to prevent this in the future. Either reset or time penalty like in other CM games.

Or just throw a few transit vans in the field, maybe slap some lights on top and pretend one is an ambulance. Or a few marshals along all of the cuts "acting" as officiators would work too.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Or just throw a few transit vans in the field, maybe slap some lights on top and pretend one is an ambulance. Or a few marshals along all of the cuts "acting" as officiators would work too.

Resultado de imagem para ford transit martini

Could be a good tribute : )

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, richie said:

The fastest guys will be on top anyways, even if they'd drive 100% within the track limits and I took the safari lines, so I'm not seriously considering myself a contender for the win, on the contrary, I'm light years away, but it's a shame, really, that in a World Championship where the spirit should be one of  sportsmanship it'll be necessary to take these ugly lines. 

For real it’s ugly.. 

I think to avoid all of this we have to know what are we racing for, I mean even if these cuts resolved, practicing the track limits is not that good, we miss the whole concept, at least considering the poor co-driver who leaves his wife and children screaming the calls losing his voice to tell us that he had a job and dreams what if someone says to him you are useless! That’s definitely hurt! we just setting our best times, imagine if F1 setting the best lap of the circuit as the end the race ... no one will even watch it, because there is no race, also here in rally the race is about no practicing, even the test site in wrc should be outside the itinerary of the rally, that’s how the rally very strict at this point.

The game is amazing, we just miss a start point.

Edited by stcooza
Missing point
  • Agree 2

While I agree it's lame, try to imagine what they can do about this. 

Flaws has been found/communicated  after the event announcement. I doubt they have resources/technical abilities to verify every result.

Also likely it's impossible for them to fix all those reported places. And even if doable, there is no guarantee there are no more such places.

All in all the choice the made is understandable, because it ensures equal conditions to all contestants

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Also likely it's impossible for them to fix all those reported places. And even if doable, there is no guarantee there are no more such places.

100% disagree, this is completely fixable.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bn880 said:

100% disagree, this is completely fixable.

you 100% missed the point or don't understand the development process. 

Anyway I haven't say it's not fixable. But it might be not enough time or other resources to fix it in time.

1 minute ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

you 100% missed the point or don't understand the development process. 

Anyway I haven't say it's not fixable. But it might be not enough time or other resources to fix it in time.

That is what you said, but maybe you meant something else.  I know the dev process quite well which is why I am telling you this is fixable, it's also not extremely difficult to patch up a single stage.  It's obviously more work to patch up all the places in all locations, however, this should have been part of QA/Dev from day 1 of the content projects.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

again: it's not about difficulty . If you know development (other than 'garage' one) you should know how much resources it costs and in case of console applications, it must be reviewed before published.

If they have a business/release plan, support other games at the same time, it's obvious it cannot be released in a day or weak.

And you know what... it's amazing how many unfair cut opportunities have been unveiled just before the event.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

T300/racing rig ,

ps4/and pro,

sometimes racing on iracing PC,

league owner and long served sim racer,

come on guys this is blantaly cheating ,

we have to have strict corner cutting on f1 because some people just don't get it how to race fairly and cleanly,

we instantly ban any form of cheating from our leagues and that includes any corner cutting ,

why would you want to cheat, that shows you what sort of person you are in life ,

anyone who spends more time finding out how to cheat by corner cutting is not a sim racer and will very quickly find they will be kicked from any league wether PC or ps4 or Xbox,,

is this a age related thing because the older sim racers who use wheels tend to fight fair and square .

• Agree 1

The reason why people cut corners might vary from person to person. There isn't one explanation for all and in the end it really doesn't matter. 

In my view, the ideal situation would've been to reach out to the community and ask testers or anyone known in the community that plays the game regularly or even competitively which locations and stages are safe.

For now the situation is clear, as long as you don't use exploits and cheat (definition here is: manipulate the game code or the time sent to the server), the time set is legit. Many people play to win and will use what the game allows you. The fastest line wins, so if you're capable and want to have a fair shot to be there at the finals you're forced to take these lines. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, richie said:

The fastest line wins, so if you're capable and want to have a fair shot to be there at the finals you're forced to take these lines. 

It sucks hairy balls. 

45 minutes ago, AadHofman said:

It sucks hairy balls. 

You aren't wrong, but luckily I think (at least on PC) the best drivers will make it to the finals regardless. There are drivers out there who can pace a 3:48 on the first championship stage without taking a single cut. The WR's right now with cuts and tunes is only 3:46 last I checked. So the real aliens should prevail even if they have others taking cheesy lines.

2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

again: it's not about difficulty . If you know development (other than 'garage' one) you should know how much resources it costs and in case of console applications, it must be reviewed before published.

If they have a business/release plan, support other games at the same time, it's obvious it cannot be released in a day or weak.

And you know what... it's amazing how many unfair cut opportunities have been unveiled just before the event.

I know, but they had weeks (really months) of warning, I listed most of the cuts a long time ago and reported them.  (and other people did similar things here and there)

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

You aren't wrong, but luckily I think (at least on PC) the best drivers will make it to the finals regardless. There are drivers out there who can pace a 3:48 on the first championship stage without taking a single cut. The WR's right now with cuts and tunes is only 3:46 last I checked. So the real aliens should prevail even if they have others taking cheesy lines.

12 secs faster than me without cheating? I refuse to believe it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AadHofman said:

Lol I used to think the same way. Then you run across these drivers in MP lobbies and clubs, or you find their youtube channels where they post their WR runs. And that is when you realize how far the gap between being better than 99% of the players, and being better than 99.9% is. The top tier is honestly scary, I'm convinced a few of them are test subjects for Musk's Neurolink brain chips and they are goddamn cyborgs at this point :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, AadHofman said:

Half a second here, quarter of a second there, on every other corner; it eventually adds up.

• Agree 1