Argentina Update: These are the 3 "major" cuts I have determined so far with the upcoming WC stage. I will also be adding them to the main post. These aren't too terrible, and I am still trying to make 100% sure there are no crazy cuts that ignore entire splits - but luckily most of them seem to be covered by reset boundaries. Only thing I still have left to try is going fast enough to jump over all of the rocks/people without getting reset... Argentina Cut #1 Argentina Cut #2 Argentina Cut #3
--- So while practicing for the upcoming qualifier, we have slowly been enlightened about how egregious a few of the cuts are. They are so bad that we need to have CM address these cuts. We need a clear answer whether or not these cuts will disqualify drivers in the Qualifier or if these cuts are now a requirement for everyone to use. There are 4 major cuts I want to initially address, some much much worse than others. The first, is the tree cut - you split the trees after the double 1R over bridge to keep the car in 3rd gear and carrying more exit speed. This one is dirty, but it is honestly the least of my concerns. CUT #1 The next is the worst of the bunch - the "digging up potatoes in the field" cut. This one blatantly ignores all track limits, dodges two corners, and gives you insane exit speed on what should be a square left. This cut has at least 3 seconds in it, and if this one isn't a DQ cut then the entire integrity of this WC is lost. Video as well - https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidKawaiiMonkeyBIRB CUT #2 The next two are more well known cuts, the standard haybale cuts. Easily a half second in each of them, maybe even more if you can get your lines right. They happen right at the very end of the stage, and again blatantly are ignoring track limits. CUT #3 CUT #4
And the overhead view with each corner marked with entry/exit points for the cuts. So we need an official statement on this. As a community these are serious issues that we need clear guidance on so that EVERYONE here is on equal footing come the 10th. The last thing we want to see are fast drivers losing out to people who are willing to take the dirtiest of cuts in Qualifiers, only to be forced to watch these cheaters drive slower than most of us in the actual quarter/semi/finals when they are under the microscope. If you are not going to do anything about these cuts in Qualifiers, then say it so the rest of us know that cuts are required. I hate to do it and be that guy, but I'm tagging CM on this one. We need answers. @PJTierney @Skiddyboy13 @CM_Ads