Track Limits in DiRT World Series

7 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

then do the 6 stage Event for the champ.

Lets just hope they enforce track limits in those finals, because if not; it could make DR2 esports look like a joke. I remember T10 had very much the same issue when they first started up Esports on Forza Motorsport 6, first track up was Monza. The cuts people were able to make during the time trial events were insane, thankfully the people running the competition enforced track limits outside of the time trials. Obviously no longer an issue in the Forza franchise now though, as they redid the track limits.

One thing that amuses me though, is Codemasters redid the track limits in DR1 because of this exact issue with cutting corners. They deemed it important to the leaderboards and fair play. So boggles the mind that they havnt done the same with DR2.0 from the outset.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Lets just hope they enforce track limits in those finals

This is what I'm expecting. Trying to manage all of the qualifiers for this would prove to be a headache in the current state, but addressing it during the in-person finals is much easier.

i think the key to remember is dirt rally esports is only just starting out. it will develop get better as it grows. develops. we all mainly hate cutting. im sure at some point a system will be developed to stop the bad cuts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Am 100% Sure if People did not Cut I would be sitting in the top 50s, Why can there not follow there ghost in e-sports and remove them from the stage as DNF.

The rules were made clear on the forum at least, in the linked thread, that cutting is allowed.  The hope is that this will be fixed for the next time the eSports round is held.

Am 100% Sure if People did not Cut I would be sitting in the top 50s, Why can there not follow there ghost in e-sports and remove them from the stage as DNF.

And what difference does that *really* make though.  Unless you can at least be first in one or first in a set overall, you don't have all that much to brag about.  MAYBE if you come in 2nd or 3rd.    But anyway, the point is as I stated above, cutting is 100% permitted at the moment.

Edited by bn880

Must read? It is old news. Something you could read all overvthe forum. So the only 'must' is for yourself to read before you post ☺

22 minutes ago, bn880 said:

The rules were made clear on the forum at least, in the linked thread, that cutting is allowed.  The hope is that this will be fixed for the next time the eSports round is held.

And what difference does that *really* make though.  Unless you can at least be first in one or first in a set overall, you don't have all that much to brag about.  MAYBE if you come in 2nd or 3rd.    But anyway, the point is as I stated above, cutting is 100% permitted at the moment.

The Point is 70% have Cuts about 30 to 40 secs on I have only done 2 stages and if there never take the cuts I would be top 5 maybe after stage 3 that, xD

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, MEEKYx said:

The Point is 70% have Cuts about 30 to 40 secs on I have only done 2 stages and if there never take the cuts I would be top 5 maybe after stage 3 that, xD

Absolutely not, most cuts are less than 3s.  VERY few cuts give you anything close to 10s.   Combined some stages might have 20s in cuts but that is very rare.    You would not climb from top 100 to top 10 if the cuts were removed, don't fool yourself.

Edit: If you must know, the cuts that Micky took in Kopina were worth about 2 seconds in total.  (I know this for SURE, I have analyzed it with RDA telemetry and I was competing)

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

Just now, bn880 said:

Absolutely not, most cuts are less than 3s.  VERY few cuts give you anything close to 10s.   Combined some stages might have 20s in cuts but that is very rare.    You would not climb from top 100 to top 10 if the cuts were removed, don't fool yourself.

Edit: If you must know, the cuts that Micky took in Kopina were worth about 2 seconds in total.  (I know this for SURE, I have analyzed it with RDA telemetry and I was competing)

The one acorss the tree was 5sec the one before thar was 2sec and the one at the end was 3secs There for its almost 10secs with out big cuts. That stage all in was 15secs with cuts. So if half of the 100 on the LBS do that then then your dropping 50%.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, MEEKYx said:

The one acorss the tree was 5sec the one before thar was 2sec and the one at the end was 3secs There for its almost 10secs with out big cuts. That stage all in was 15secs with cuts. So if half of the 100 on the LBS do that then then your dropping 50%.

For Micky's run first cut skipping the tree is about 1s if you hit it right, being generous it's 1.5s.   Second cut is approximately 0s (the long one)., being generous it's 0.5s.  So it's 2s when being generous.  No other cuts.     Why don't you actually test your times with and without these 2 cuts a few dozen times and tell me you gained 10s or 15s 😉   There were 3 beneficial cuts that Micky didn't take, which could add another 3s.  Tops 5s with extra cuts that Micky and many others didn't use anyway.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, bn880 said:

For Micky's run first cut skipping the tree is about 1s if you hit it right, being generous it's 1.5s.   Second cut is approximately 0s (the long one)., being generous it's 0.5s.  So it's 2s when being generous.  No other cuts.     Why don't you actually test your times with and without these 2 cuts a few dozen times and tell me you gained 10s or 15s 😉   There were 3 beneficial cuts that Micky didn't take, which could add another 3s.  Tops 5s with extra cuts that Micky and many others didn't use anyway.

I did test It and Do what he did in the cuts I beat him time in trail so with out those cuts I got 4.02 with the cuts 3.52.

Edited by MEEKYx
  • Disagree 3

18 minutes ago, MEEKYx said:

I did test It and Do what he did in the cuts I beat him time in trail so with out those cuts I got 4.02 with the cuts 3.52.

Then you arent driving the roads properly.  Simple as that.  The guys that know how to drive at the very top gain 2s on those cuts.  Also, beating him in TT doesnt mean you would beat him on the WC stage, most people lost 2s between TT with degradation to the WC.   

Edit: dont see your 3:52 on the LB

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, MEEKYx said:

I beat him time in trail so with out those cuts I got 4.02 with the cuts 3.52.

EA6CF32B8F3254711EC85157862450154B5834F1

Yup, you definitely beat him...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, bn880 said:

Then you arent driving the roads properly.  Simple as that.  The guys that know how to drive at the very top gain 2s on those cuts.  Also, beating him in TT doesnt mean you would beat him on the WC stage, most people lost 2s between TT with degradation to the WC.   

I also agree with you there mate also people put there wheel setting down so they so they do not have to turn it as mush to have over and under steering. There should make that as so every one has same rotation? 

Just now, Mike Dee said:

At least someone understands my point here.

Edited by MEEKYx
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

You Can't beat the Stage in under 3.50 mins without cuts. That is a Fact,,,

Edited by MEEKY

1 hour ago, MEEKY said:

You Can't beat the Stage in under 4mins without cuts. That is a Fact,,,

Lol what? You can post an easy 3:55 without cuts, and I've seen people like @bn880 pull a 3:51 if everything goes perfectly. Sub 4 minutes is casual pacing, and if you can't even do that without cuts there is zero chance you could make top 10.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, MEEKY said:

You Can't beat the Stage in under 4mins without cuts. That is a Fact,,,

Challange accepted.......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Lol what? You can post an easy 3:55 without cuts, and I've seen people like @bn880 pull a 3:51 if everything goes perfectly. Sub 4 minutes is casual pacing, and if you can't even do that without cuts there is zero chance you could make top 10.

I agree with you mate If everything works well 4.00 Driving really comes in to a effect mate.

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Can we get back on topic here, My Point was I dislike people that cut In my eyes it's cheating this is why I made this thread not to get hate from the Forum.

Just now, MEEKY said:

Can we get back on topic here, My Point was I dislike people that cut In my eyes it's cheating this is why I made this thread not to get hate from the Forum.

We all agree with you there, which is why we made that other thread before the first event. CodeMasters came back and said

If it isn't exploiting the intended mechanics or modifying the game code, then pushing the limits of the "track" is legal.

So while driving right next to the reset zone isn't something we like, it is allowed. This is not going to change until the finals when everything is streamed live.

• Thanks 1

I mean if all y'all think you're faster than the current leaders, cut and prove it to us that you are.

No need to take the "moral high ground" just because you think you should.  You gotta win by any legal means necessary.  The cuts have been deemed legal, so put up or shut up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

I mean if all y'all think you're faster than the current leaders, cut and prove it to us that you are.

No need to take the "moral high ground" just because you think you should.  You gotta win by any legal means necessary.  The cuts have been deemed legal, so put up or shut up.

Not taking moral high ground just saying Cuts should no be aloud and most agree with me here.

What are you overall?

Edited by MEEKY

Where are the cuts in NZ this week? No chance i can do much lower than 7:30 so where are they finding those 15sec? 

1 hour ago, TorAndre said:

Where are the cuts in NZ this week? No chance i can do much lower than 7:30 so where are they finding those 15sec? 

We'll see, there are some joke worthy cuts in NZ that unfortunately I cant share (not gonna use or abuse them) but you can prob guess what they may cut out. Although they seems like they got to be pretty much pixel perfect so if used its pretty much cross your fingers and pray. I kind of doubt that those ones are used but if practiced enough maybe the aliens can.