Jump to content

We need an answer - Will these cuts result in DQ or will they be allowed during the Poland Qualifier?

Recommended Posts

My point of view. Track should be fixed. Cuts should be removed by placing obstacles and/or penalties.

Shift Qualification.

To drive with this cutting feels not ok.

I cant belive that this extreme cutting is possible.

I dont want to cut. 

Please fix it.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping for a silent update with hidden rocks placed strategically. Then there could be an extra leaderboard for highest speed terminal crashes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow this is huge, need to know ASAP about these cuts!!! with the qualifiers a day away!  what times are people getting with no cuts h2 fwd?

Edited by ManxYates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume one of the reasons this isn't being fixed immediately (and assuming CM's engine in decent, this is a day worth of job), is because there are a lot of politics that have to be tackled - suddenly, you have to reset all times, because the track is technically different; everyone has to download a new track, which could be a pain in the ass, etc etc

The bigger issue here is that this isn't some random exploit. Simply turn off the grass and you'll see that, in most stages, the playable area is way wider than you might think. The off-road grip also isn't half bad and it's usually extremely flat and forgiving (as can be seen on cuts here). I mean, falling onto a field of potatoes should basically stop your car and possibly total your suspension. Smaller cuts should be addressed with additional rocks and other dangerous terrain. But that would mean everyone has to basically redownload the game and lose all of their times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ManxYates said:

what times are people getting with no cuts h2 fwd?

I've seen a high 3:48.8xx as the current WR without cuts and 100% stock.

I've seen a consistent pace of 3:52 out of some people, I'm personally stuck at around 3:55 in the Peug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems cut #2 is fixed after the update. It gives me 20 secs. penalty. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richie said:

It seems cut #2 is fixed after the update. It gives me 20 secs. penalty. 

POTATO CUT WAS FIXED?!?!?! This is the kind of response and turn around on cuts we need to keep the WC competitive. Well done if so @PJTierney

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

POTATO CUT WAS FIXED?!?!?! This is the kind of response and turn around on cuts we need to keep the WC competitive. Well done if so @PJTierney

 

Yup, I believe so. Tried twice to cut through the field and kept it tight without going too wide and both times I got reset with a 20 secs. penalty. Quick reaction from Codies here. Didn't try the haybale cut, maybe that's fixed too. Tree cut should still be possible.

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richie said:

Yup, I believe so. Tried twice to cut through the field and kept it tight without going too wide and both times I got reset with a 20 secs. penalty. Quick reaction from Codies here. Didn't try the haybale cut, maybe that's fixed too. Tree cut should still be possible.

I just reached out to a few of my EU friends (and USA college friends who aren't at work/in class right now) and sadly this sounds like it wasn't actually done. It is a very narrow window to hit Cut #2, so from what they've told me it sounds like you were just scraping the outside edge of the reset zone. One of them was able to repro the cut so sadly I think we'll have to deal with it in the qualifiers =/

 

I might spend a few of the next days going through the upcoming stages and finding the biggest cuts. Hopefully if we get them out in front of CM earlier enough, we can get some "basic" fixes in place for the WC that can be more professionally fixed later. Honestly just give me a few low poly count Transit Vans and I could fix 90% of the cuts in this game, and the other 10% if you give me a terrain deformation tool to dig a pothole in places a van wouldn't fit.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

I just reached out to a few of my EU friends (and USA college friends who aren't at work/in class right now) and sadly this sounds like it wasn't actually done. It is a very narrow window to hit Cut #2, so from what they've told me it sounds like you were just scraping the outside edge of the reset zone. One of them was able to repro the cut so sadly I think we'll have to deal with it in the qualifiers =/

 

I might spend a few of the next days going through the upcoming stages and finding the biggest cuts. Hopefully if we get them out in front of CM earlier enough, we can get some "basic" fixes in place for the WC that can be more professionally fixed later. Honestly just give me a few low poly count Transit Vans and I could fix 90% of the cuts in this game, and the other 10% if you give me a terrain deformation tool to dig a pothole in places a van wouldn't fit.

Hm, ok. I thought I kept it tight enough. It seems I need to practice more ^^ Just rewatched your Twitch video and, yeah, it looks like I triggered the reset zone by just a little.  

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went digging through the rules for something unrelated and stumbled upon this tidbit...

 

Quote

50. Drivers must obey track limits. Track limits are defined automatically by DiRT Rally 2.0 but exploits may be monitored by the Race Director or their assistant.

 

So this read to me that cutting has the potential to be penalized by the officialsKeep this in mind when qualifying tomorrow...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I aggree to disagree ,

i race to win in leagues through skill , not by seeing how can I cut the corners to win.

if I can't win fairly then what's the point , 

i feel happy and contented that I've won cleanly and fairly , and the best of it  ,it's only a video game lol .

if it were in real life then I would push the boundary but sim racing is not real guys it's pretend racing 

hence I want to win clean and I've raced in real life on track and messed about on the gravel and mud,

thou snow and ice is the most fun in real life lol

 

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×