Sign in to follow this  

Engine rev limiter

Hi

I noticed a lot of racers are pushing and hitting max rev for a very long time and the rev limiter does not kick in.

This is another way to over come the game like many little tricks used.

I hope to see rev limiter in the next patch off many to come.

How could they hit "max rev" if there is no rev limiter, as you said?

Edited by D4rio

On 9/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, D4rio said:

How could they hit "max rev" if there is no rev limiter, as you said?

If u look at the rev counter and it stay in the red that's the max rev.

If you watch F1 real race u will see if the rev limiter is in the red for to long it will hear and see the rev limiter kick in.

Does that help you understand?

Uhmm not really, in F1 2019 the rev limiter kicks in when the indicator is on purple. 
In real F1, I'm not sure as it can vary from team to team. 

But the point is the rev limiter does exist in the game and it's not possible to push the revs beyond that limit. Unless you're cheating, obviously

I drive this way, It spends more gas and isnt too eficcient, in the season It overheats and destroys the engines. in my case is a problem with the sound of the hybrid engines, i dont feel im pushing to the limit so i dont react.

I think its something i must correct, i cant see any advantage 

Edited by pedrosdt

On 9/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, D4rio said:

Uhmm not really, in F1 2019 the rev limiter kicks in when the indicator is on purple. 
In real F1, I'm not sure as it can vary from team to team. 

But the point is the rev limiter does exist in the game and it's not possible to push the revs beyond that limit. Unless you're cheating, obviously

Yes each team rev limiter is different.

Did you watch the spa race I sure that's a good example, I think it was Max who had the onboard and it should him hitting the rev limiter the engine lost power and the car behind nearly passed him because the engine limiter kicked in to save the engine.

10 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

Yes each team rev limiter is different.

Did you watch the spa race I sure that's a good example, I think it was Max who had the onboard and it should him hitting the rev limiter the engine lost power and the car behind nearly passed him because the engine limiter kicked in to save the engine.

What you're describing does not sound like the rev limiter.

A de-rate where the ERS is depleted fully would result in a sudden loss of electrical PU output and be purely ICE.

A rev-limiter would be a function of the ECU, typically achieved by retardation or withdrawal of spark and reduction in fuel flow (cutting power to fuel injectors) by engine rpm. So you would get a stall in the rpm curve, resulting in a lack of acceleration, not a reduction in speed.

Relative speed would have to mean top gear was not engaged. 

The PU may be switched to a failsafe or failover engine mode, but this is likely to a fault in the engine, either overheating, sensor failure, etc.

• Agree 1

Monza Red bull max had the rev limiter problem his car. He could not over take or keep when he hit the rev limiter.

In this game hitting the rev limiter doesn't give you and problems. You can hit it all day long and still pass people.

This below is the point I am making rev limit in this game is just lights & noise no effect to your racing.

Does that make you understand my point better?

“Once he was in clear air, Max’s pace was equal to that of the leaders and he was able to make up some good ground despite a slight issue with the rev limiter in the tow which made it very difficult for him to overtake.

As steviejay69 said, what you're talking about is de-rating, not rev limiter.

Real cars can go full rev for as long as the driver wants, obviously it may cause engine wear or temps increase in the long term, but I guess this is already present in the game. If you push for too many subsequent laps on rich mix fuel you will most likely see an increase of engine temp. I don't play career so I can't say for sure but running engine on full rev should have repercussions over the engine health.

But, once again, real cars lose speed on straight because of de-rating, not because they hit the limiter.

• Like 1