F1 2019 : Random loss of engine sound [SG]

@Hoo

I don't have a video, but just do several lap thrown that will occur

just the engine sounds that stop working. can still hear the work of mechanics in pitlane.

This occurs very often. so I can try to capture video later. or today or tomorrow ok? I love this game and it will be a pleasure to help

If you could get a video that would be really helpful. We haven't managed to get this issue in the studio, but if we could see exactly what you are doing when the sound goes that may help us track down the problem. Thanks.

@RickFlare96 - I as checking your session history using the report code that you provided and noticed that you started many different sessions, including playing some career and F2 races. Can you remember at what point during this process that the audio error occurred?

@klebmuymadrid - it looks like you were doing a series of practice sessions at Monza in the 2003 Williams car. Can you remember at what point the issue occurred? 

Sorry for the spam - I've just merged in another thread which seems to cover the same issue. 

• Agree 1

Same issue in Xbox one, in the short qualy the engine sound stop working, it comes back in the race

The sound issue is really getting out of hand, really out of hand. I was recording a video for my YouTube channel when the sound went out. I tried to do the video two other times and the sound was still going away. The sound issue has been happening since 2017 and it has yet to be addressed. Losing sound across everywhere is not good. What ever tolerances you have for the code is not up to snuff. You bar needs to be raised.  

@Striker_703 - do you have the video available? It would be very helpful for us to see what steps you took before the sound stopped working.

For the last Month since Patch 1.07, we have our Playstation 4 League Races run with Full Qualification.

About 2-3 out of the field of 20 Drivers will have this glitch , where you lose almost all Sound.

Mine is just environmental Sounds the last one, other times think you could also hear crowds and Mechanics.

It Starts at the beginning of a New Session of Qualifying , so you could be fine in Q1 , and at the Start of Q2 your Stuffed , only to be fixed up again in Q3.

The only fix we have for this is to Quit the game as soon as the No Sound Bug Strikes, and then re-enter the Lobby , Voila Sound Fixed.

I have over a 50 hours of video to look through @Hoo. The sound cuts out throughout the whole game. What ever strings or int that are tied to the sound must be look at. All of them needs to be looked at. This has been going on since 2017. 

On 9/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, Hoo said:

@RickFlare96 - I as checking your session history using the report code that you provided and noticed that you started many different sessions, including playing some career and F2 races. Can you remember at what point during this process that the audio error occurred?

It usually happens when selecting "flying lap" when participating in practice or qualifying sessions but at random times, I even noticed the engine sound disappearing a couple of times when selecting "drive out" during the same sessions.  To be honest, there's no real pattern, they're just random occurences.

20 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

It usually happens when selecting "flying lap" when participating in practice or qualifying sessions but at random times, I even noticed the engine sound disappearing a couple of times when selecting "drive out" during the same sessions.  To be honest, there's no real pattern, they're just random occurences.

Same to me

On 9/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, Hoo said:

@Striker_703 - do you have the video available? It would be very helpful for us to see what steps you took before the sound stopped working

@Hoo & the rest of CM

Sorry but I can understand how CM never see these problems.

Do you use a PS4 at all?

Is your network test bed like a standard home where the line come in directly to the router and the device connected.

I don't mean T1 line or direct business line.

Everyone I know has had the no sound issue it not a set thing it happen when it wants no warning like many of the fault CM seem to never see.

It's been a few months like most fault & never fixed or even seen by CM like if you live on another planet. The year soon end let's see what happens

• Agree 1

I had it twice on PS4 Pro, first time I switched off TV and turned it back on then realised I was getting sound from the menu etc and was just the race sounds going, that included the background sounds. I quit the game and restarted to get the sound back, the second time was the same, if it happens again I'll try the flashback thing. Really odd to suddenly stop though.

12 minutes ago, ChironTheseus said:

I had it twice on PS4 Pro, first time I switched off TV and turned it back on then realised I was getting sound from the menu etc and was just the race sounds going, that included the background sounds. I quit the game and restarted to get the sound back, the second time was the same, if it happens again I'll try the flashback thing. Really odd to suddenly stop though.

Your lucky i get it one or twice a week when it happens online you can't do a thing.

I crashed many times in league race because no sound.

• Sad 1

Hi All,

Thanks for the various bits of info. We've managed to see this issue in test and are now investigating this further. We'll let you know if we can make any progress with this issue.

Hoo.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Have had this issue on xbox but have just had it in a league race on the formation lap, was fine in qualifying but then suddenly all sound went. Didn't try to leave and come back which I know works for when the issue is at the start of the session and had to race with no sound for it all as it didn't come back

when i am playing the game the sound disappear and go back in the middle of race. this is very bad issue.
have a solution?

it randomically

plataform PC

using direct x 12

it is since 5 months ago

Edited by DarkSuLL

Hi @DarkSuLL,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you please complete the below as I will need more details:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

hi BarryBL

in time 13:05 - 13:15 a little problem

in time 53:05- 53:28 a medium problem

in time 1:03:00 - 1:03:13 a little problem

i´m using sterring whell g29.

this problem occur in game version since 1.0 to 1.18.1

game mode is custom game. 10 players more or less.

the problem is frequentelly, have time the sound go out 4 seconds this is very bad , because the use of gear, we stay lost.

no error message appear.

i am using windows 10 64bits v10.0.18363 - 16 gb DDR4 - hd ssd 120gb - gtx 1080 - motherboard asus prime b450m- gaming br,

direct x 12.

the sound is with problem in realtek and nvidia tv outputs.

in other games the sound is ok.

Hi @DarkSuLL,

Thanks for the video.

Can you try turning down your Audio update rate in-game please. You do this through Pause Game> Preferences> Audio Settings> Advanced Audio Settings> Audio Update Rate. Try changing this and let me know how you get on.