Sign in to follow this  

What's the difference between "replace" and "standard repair" options?

Ok... standard repair of a worn part costs less credits and uses much less time... so, is there any type of advantage using the "replace" option? I really don't get the point using the "replace"!...

Edited by Adriano1976

Replace gives you a 100% new part in your car. I am not completely sure if repair always resets the performance meter back to 100%, but replacing the item always does.

Occasionally you can end up in a situation where a part only shows 95% performance, but you aren't given the option to repair it at all. These are the situations where replacing the part would have been better than repairing it the last time you did so.

Guess I should pay more attention to repair stats then. Not once have I ever replaced a part, I always just repair...

14 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

Guess I should pay more attention to repair stats then. Not once have I ever replaced a part, I always just repair...

think repair is supposed to fully fix every part, but if you don't damage it enough before the next event you have to start with a sub-par part. It's rare you'll hit that middle ground between "no damaged enough to repair, but still damaged with performance loss" and repairable but it has happened a few times to me. If I ever have an event with a service before 2 Longs or something that will end the event after, I'll go out of my way to quickfix certain mechanical components like the radiator, exhaust, wheel geometry, and sometimes even the transmission. It costs me most of my winnings to replace the parts afterwards when the event is over, but worth it for me to make sure I go into the next event 100%.

Every part have their own performance gauge. When your car keep running, the gauge will drop, this is the wearing

For example,

The Cooling System failure during race, the Radiator will not functional correctly, engine will keep high temperature and power drops.

The Standard fix option will make the radiator work again. However, due to wear is done, the radiator will not Cooler than before.
So, the Replace option will did a parts replacement and fill up performance gauge to full.

Quick Fix is cut cost solution when you have tight budget or time to fix the car.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

as far as I can tell...replace essentially does the same as standard repair, yeah.

the thing is that sometimes you have a bit too much fun and mess up the car, so you don't have enough time to repair the part(s) with standard repair. this is when you use quick repair, because it takes less time and also repairs the part to 100%.

the downside to quick repair of course is that it wears/gets damaged more easily now, and you have to replace the part to bring it back to 100% again, so you can't do any quick or standard repairs on it until it's been replaced.

so, in my experience, replace is something you only have to use after quick repair, which you only should do if you don't have the time for standard repair, but still really need to fix the part in order to make it to the next service and set ok times.

I can usually get by with just repairing what I can, (even taking a small time penalty maybe) and then taking it very easy until the next service, so I don't have to quick repair something and then replace the part later.... so even though I've played over 330 hours in the game and I've only used quick repair and then replace like ~5 times, total. and I'm not anywhere close to being a pro, so I've been in a lot of situations where I have taken a ton of damage haha

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ianism said:

as far as I can tell...replace essentially does the same as standard repair, yeah.

the thing is that sometimes you have a bit too much fun and mess up the car, so you don't have enough time to repair the part(s) with standard repair. this is when you use quick repair, because it takes less time and also repairs the part to 100%.

the downside to quick repair of course is that it wears/gets damaged more easily now, and you have to replace the part to bring it back to 100% again, so you can't do any quick or standard repairs on it until it's been replaced.

so, in my experience, replace is something you only have to use after quick repair, which you only should do if you don't have the time for standard repair, but still really need to fix the part in order to make it to the next service and set ok times.

I can usually get by with just repairing what I can, (even taking a small time penalty maybe) and then taking it very easy until the next service, so I don't have to quick repair something and then replace the part later.... so even though I've played over 330 hours in the game and I've only used quick repair and then replace like ~5 times, total. and I'm not anywhere close to being a pro, so I've been in a lot of situations where I have taken a ton of damage haha

mmhhh... ok, basically the replacement is to be avoided except when it becomes the only available choice (after the quick fix)

• Like 1