Man this game really makes my blood boil.

The AI just remind me so much of F1 Championship Edition on the PS3 with the way they just ram their way through passing and defending. It's simply not possible to have wheel to wheel racing with the AI. I even try to give them room but then they just see the racing line as theirs and actually INITIATE contact with you. (Cue 6 flashbacks until you actually avoid the crash by LEAVING the track.) And sidepod hits that are somehow wing damage... not to mention a left sidepod hit resulting in RIGHT SIDE wing damage. Seriously Codemasters what in the actual F---?

There are people that have defended the AI when I've pointed this stuff out too. I don't get it. I want AI that will race me not AI that's trying to kill me.

I guess at least I'm actually mad at the game this year... so that's something.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Hold on... I thought everyone was moaning (including me) that since the last few patches that the AI are lacking aggression and have once again become too easy to pass noticeably on corners.

• Disagree 1

the UI in F1 2019 needs to be patched they hit you in corners i always blamed.they hit me on the side knocking me off the course.i tried carrier, F2 and championship.They all do same thing impossible to do 1 lap.Only started seems like after the patch.Codemaster can you fix this if not ppl will not play this game too hard to pass infirst corner .Im going to quit playing for awhile.

• Like 1

Mate Codemasters need to rethink the driver grading system too many times I've been knocked off the track by someone else only for me to get a ridiculous penalty and having a massive affect of my driver grade 

• Like 1

I don't think so. If you are not the same level or above you have to step back and let them go, because it's their corner. If you are in front prior to the corner the AI will notice and take care.

I have seen tons of videos with really good and clean fights between player and AI. Also i never experienced this myself. Please upload a vid to judge what's right or wrong. Otherwise it is really hard to say anything or to blame the AI.

Many times i first blame the AI, but after i watched a replay i noticed that it was my fault.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

I don't think so. If you are not the same level or above you have to step back and let them go, because it's their corner. If you are in front prior to the corner the AI will notice and take care.

I have seen tons of videos with really good and clean fights between player and AI. Also i never experienced this myself. Please upload a vid to judge what's right or wrong. Otherwise it is really hard to say anything or to blame the AI.

Many times i first blame the AI, but after i watched a replay i noticed that it was my fault.

Wish more people would have your attitude. So many times players are quick to blame the AI but upon seeing a video it's actually the players fault. 

Treat the game AI as if they were real, taking care on overtaking rather than trying a Ricciardo divebomb at every chance and people will see that the AI is actually really fun to play against.

And even should they occasionally hit the player while you're taking care, then I still think that's good. Real drivers make mistakes like that at times as well.

The only thing I'd like to see changed with the AI (except certain drivers being buffed/nerfed) is that they make a few more errors, especially in the rain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

The most ridiculous thing about all of this it's that AI cars seem to be glued to the track, like they are made of super heavy concrete driving on a magnetic rail.

They NEVER lose control if they hit you but it takes a slight touch to make you spin. I also made some tests and guys, it's insanely hard to make them make a mistake or loose control of the car, it is so hard to the point that you end with a terminal crash and they just keep going without any damages! It makes me so angry..

Last gp I did was in Russia, wet race. At the start I was really struggling with the traction (I'm driving without assists) but the other cars were flying like they were on dry track! I had to restart the race like 20 + times to get a realistic start. AI does not care about where you are or what is your racing line, if they are faster than you prepare to be rammed.

It's a real shame, other codies titles have great and fun AI, what happened with F1 series!? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrHawk said:

Last gp I did was in Russia, wet race. At the start I was really struggling with the traction (I'm driving without assists) but the other cars were flying like they were on dry track! I had to restart the race like 20 + times to get a realistic start. AI does not care about where you are or what is your racing line, if they are faster than you prepare to be rammed.

Last video i watched on youtube was also in Sotchi and start in the rain. The player has no assists (except T-Cam) and 105 AI. He was overtaken at the start by two cars, but all fine and no ramming. He is racing side by side through many corners and all what happenend is a slight touch between the cars sometimes.

For me the AI is very good.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I don't think so. If you are not the same level or above you have to step back and let them go, because it's their corner.

So basically the Nico Rosberg mentality?

I think when my wife tried to play this game in 2016 it really summed up the AI. The AI was ridiculously incapable of not being able to hit her... essentially because she was too slow. Codemasters designs the AI with an expectation of the player having way more control over their car than they do in reality... especially with the later entries in the series.

I know I'm not the greatest player in the world at this game. I just want good clean racing AI based on SOME kind of racing etiquette, not this bumper car AI **** we have now.

Edited by Zachrulez
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

The only thing I'd like to see changed with the AI (except certain drivers being buffed/nerfed) is that they make a few more errors, especially in the rain.

And that the AI takes different lines to drive on, especially in the rain or at the start of the race.

Also it'd be awesome to get Driver Personalities into the AI, e.g. Ricciardo is more likely to divebomb, Hamilton is ultra fast in qualifying, Verstappen and Magnussem are ultra aggressive in defending, Verstappen and Leclerc are very fast in the rain, Vettel and Hamilton are great overall drivers and do rare mistakes, Stroll and Verstappen get good starts more often, Grosjean has a tendency to spin or lockup more often, Kimi / Bottas / Hülkenberg is very consistent, Hülkenberg has a tendency to bottle it when he has a chance for a top 3 finish which in contrary is refusing him to get on podiums etc.

AI is good, but can be improved in many areas.

• Agree 2

On 9/6/2019 at 7:42 AM, Zachrulez said:

The AI just remind me so much of F1 Championship Edition on the PS3 with the way they just ram their way through passing and defending. It's simply not possible to have wheel to wheel racing with the AI. I even try to give them room but then they just see the racing line as theirs and actually INITIATE contact with you. (Cue 6 flashbacks until you actually avoid the crash by LEAVING the track.) And sidepod hits that are somehow wing damage... not to mention a left sidepod hit resulting in RIGHT SIDE wing damage. Seriously Codemasters what in the actual F---?

There are people that have defended the AI when I've pointed this stuff out too. I don't get it. I want AI that will race me not AI that's trying to kill me.

I guess at least I'm actually mad at the game this year... so that's something.

You are so right but the problem is that immature boy racing youtubers wanted the AI to race like humans online, so that's what codemasters did. 

• Disagree 1

I think it was a mistake. Even a 0% AI can jump you off the start, knock you off the track, just for starting normally and staying in a straight line.

I think there needs to be two games now. One for pro youtube simulation racers, and one for people who just want a game.

Edited by thatsfine

5 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

I just want good clean racing

Good and clean racing should be on both sides. I don't want to have the patched 2018 AI back which gets out off the way every time i divebomb into a curve. For me it's right at the moment. If i have a good chance and i'm in front "before" turn in, the AI take care of me. If i try to divebomb i can cause a collision. Clean racing means to find the right spot and the right time to try an overtake. This can cost several laps. Sometimes i think people want to overtake 10 cars per lap and if it would possible than they blame Codemasters again, because the game is totally arcade.

Edited by Akkan74
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Don't even get me started on race starts either. The AI behind are absolutely insane looking for overtake moves while the AI in front just bog down basically making you into a sandwich.

I have said this a few times, and not tired of saying it many more, bring 2018 pre-patch PS4 AI back and just tweak from there, that was head and shoulders the very BEST AI EVER!!! Hard but fair, they'd only hit you if you torpedoed them, but they would gun for you if you left just a tiny bit of space, clean and fair and very punishing if you get it wrong! Perfection!

Just needed tweaking in corners like the last corner (14) of Hungary where they back out totally if they don't have the racing line, and Singapore between turn 16 - 17 especially for back-markers who will smash the barriers to avoid you.

Tweak those spacial awareness and make the AI know EXACTLY how much track they can use at any time, corner or straight so they can fight all the way and not just back out, and back-markers safely move or simply allow you to slipstream and gain inside line, NOT brake test. Which also the AI do now, after a lot of corners they will accelerate then slam on the brakes then accelerate again! So if you are following right on their backside to get the jump on the straight you can easily smack into them, dangerous and naughty tactics even if it does happen in rl once in a while, drivers who will do anything not to loose a place, points at Mag and Max. Not good practice.