Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my bucket list for improvemetns / first impressions

I really would like to thank to Codemasters for listening to their fans/surveys. Dirt3 was great and I enjoyed it a lot, but I was always wanting something bit more realistic. I really enjoyed some old rallye games like the RAC Championship series, which while driving was very limited at the time, the atmosphere of Rally was captured brilliantly !

as for the Dirt Rally, for me personally it's miles better then the WRC4 was, that I couldn't play at all, this I can and it feels much more realistic/predictable
and it's not finished so with proper feedback, things might change. Best rally game on the market for me, at least if things get that last bit of polishing.

this would be my bucked list/wishlist of the things I would like to see, that for me would improve this already solid base. 

more realistic length of stages , 4 stages per rally isn't realistic afaik , should be more like 15 - 20 ( perhaps that's current limitation of early access and as more content gets released, rallye events would get more stages.
speaking of which, it would be great if you start early in the morning, finishing into sunset/night

stages look great but for me they are missing one super realistic thing - country flags of fans supporting their teams/drivers
not EVERYWHERE and not always, but certain spots are really great for putting few flags in there

career experience
I would love to have my own car (which I can), that I can pick/design livery for, pick/sign sponsors, my name will appear on the windows with my country flag (this is actually quite easy to do !)
as I progress, I might get more sponsor offers, therefore updating my livery as I keep going on, eventually becoming a factory/works driver

cinematics
codemasters were always one of the best ones with putting small in-game cinematics to help you immerse into the game, seeing some small things like the car driving on the ramp when they are being introduced + the champagne celebration if you win, would really help

physics
physics is imo good/solid base. Perhaps more variety in surface needs to be implemented (probably on the planned list already)
it would also be very good - though perhaps hard to do , if the surface conditions would change as in real life
so that drivers driving on the stage first would be in advantage/disadvantage depending on what the conditions are .etc
it's early access, so perhaps many things are still in flux and will come later on.

overall I think it's very good and on right track. I really hope you guys will continue and make it really awesome
wish you best of luck and thank you again!

nosalisCZ said:
career experience
I would love to have my own car (which I can), that I can pick/design livery for, pick/sign sponsors, my name will appear on the windows with my country flag (this is actually quite easy to do !)
as I progress, I might get more sponsor offers, therefore updating my livery as I keep going on, eventually becoming a factory/works driver

This is exactly what is missing in all of the Dirt games. The career just feels so disingenuous. Like someone grouped some tracks, picked a couple cars, and that's it. Not much of a career IMO. If Codemasters were to add more player choice/customization to their career mode, it would do wonders for this game. Right now I don't feel any different playing Career vs a normal custom game. 

I would also prefer if money wasn't involved, unless you go for full team manager mode.

as a driver, you shouldn't be winning money. You should be building reputation. And based on how well you do, you should get more opportunities from other teams to drive their cars.

I would also prefer if this was more about driving and less about grinding, especially if later on there will be many stages ( 15-20) so that your total rally time for whole Rally of Wales (as an example) would be 2 hours.

this is what I really like about project CARS, you pick car that you want and race your career. No unlocks , anything. If you don't do well, your team will kick you out, if you do well you get more offers.

as in real life!
if you guys are aiming for realism, it should all be realistic

Well, Codemasters do have that sponsor thing surely in consideration, as it was introduced in the first GRID.

Also
[quote]
more realistic length of stages , 4 stages per rally isn't realistic afaik , should be more like 15 - 20 ( perhaps that's current limitation of early access and as more content gets released, rallye events would get more stages. 
speaking of which, it would be great if you start early in the morning, finishing into sunset/night[/quote]

Only first championships its 4 stages per rally. For professionals its 8, Elite 10 and in Masters its 12 per rally.

I just finished Wales in Elite and it had  10 stages, and finished in the Night/Rain conditions.

nosalisCZ said:
more realistic length of stages , 4 stages per rally isn't realistic afaik , should be more like 15 - 20 ( perhaps that's current limitation of early access and as more content gets released, rallye events would get more stages. 
speaking of which, it would be great if you start early in the morning, finishing into sunset/night

yes, I did notice that later on you have more stages,

but unless I'm wrong, in real life if you drive in somewhat amateur rally where you share the track with the big boys. You might not do absolutely every racing stage, but I do believe you will do most

2015 WRC of finland had for example 21 stages with the best overall time almost 3 hours

It would be nice to see some stages between 10-15 mins long, but thats probably too much to ask, and the distances are pretty decent already

What I wrote in another thread here:

Further content like hillclimb and Rallye cross is not essentially important at this time in my opinion and can wait for later implementation (time frame 1year +).
I think the core focus should be on classic rally first and foremost (especially extending existing features by deeper simulation of rally events, as:
- testing (team test tracks),
- different tyres,
- refined setup features and repair - visually showing setup and repair in form of the actual service area with beautiful graphics would be nice,
- onger stages,
- addition of special stages (like the stadium SS),
- maybe even the addition of doing recce in service cars, driving a team van or street car model from the team,
- VERY IMPORTANT ADD: proper rally start and finish with parc ferme, driving over the ramp, celebrations, etc … ).

I don't mention FFB and full focus on true simulation of physics, tires, car functions (wipers, lights, electrical repairs of fuses, tire changes, etc during a stage, …), as these really belong here and should be added without comment, as these get solved.

things to add:
mouse support for menus.
improve the menus
fully adjustable camera/view