I really want to play this game again but can't find a way how.

If anyone could point to a way on PC or to PM a way it would be much appreciated.

I have bought 2019 but I am missing the geordie engineer and the feel of the first game.

I had it on 360 but those days are long gone, and it is not available on steam.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, thatsfine said:

I really want to play this game again but can't find a way how.

If anyone could point to a way on PC or to PM a way it would be much appreciated.

I have bought 2019 but I am missing the geordie engineer and the feel of the first game.

I had it on 360 but those days are long gone, and it is not available on steam.

Thanks.

I have it on Steam so it should be the only thing is though it uses GFWL so you will need to download a flie from somwhere if you want to make it compatible with Windows 10 assuming you are using 10 I found that info on Steam but don't remember where so you may need to google it as I do know that Windows 10 and GFWL don't get along and need that file in order to cooperate with each other. I have the file though I don't remember where I got it as I have It kept and saved on one of my flash drives now if I should need to use it again but I got it through Steam so as I said you might want to google it.

When did they pull the game from steam? Seems silly to do that. (I am able to get my steam copy running fine and it's still got GFWL on it. I just created a local login for it. Only downside is no online but I never cared about that anyway on an old game.)

I think that nukes the possibility of getting a PC version of 2010 if you don't already have one... unless there's a physical release I don't know about.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are probably the only way to get the game at this point. (Kind of shows the dangers of a digital only gaming world here too!)

Edited by Zachrulez
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

When did they pull the game from steam? Seems silly to do that. (I am able to get my steam copy running fine and it's still got GFWL on it. I just created a local login for it. Only downside is no online but I never cared about that anyway on an old game.)

I think that nukes the possibility of getting a PC version of 2010 if you don't already have one... unless there's a physical release I don't know about.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are probably the only way to get the game at this point. (Kind of shows the dangers of a digital only gaming world here too!)

Yeah I had it on disc originally but my disc broke so I ended up buying it again on Steam. I mostly bought it again as It is probably one of my favourite CM ones strange considering it was CM's first attempt at an F1 game that i tended up being one of their better ones but still. Haven' t played I tin a while but yeah that's how I do it create a local log in and bam get started it's definitely worth it though as C|M did get off to a solid start. Loved the music on it as well talking about it makes me think I should play the game again myself.

There do seem to be a few physical copies floating around on Ebay. Haven't seen much elsewhere.

I still have my physical copy but don’t have a 360 anymore, don’t think it’s backwards compatible, they actually said my name in interviews, that blew my mind. And with all of the advancements of the newer games. In my opinion none have come close in pure emersion, I can still remember where I left off. Red Bull in Turkey I think lap 17. Fond memories.

Yes, so I found a way to play it again. I also remember I left off somewhere in season 7 in a Ferrari but never completed.

I guess what strikes me is how much the game has improved now in terms of car handling and the physics.

That said, cockpit view is still pretty epic and perhaps better.

I didn't realise how basic a lot of the stuff was back then, my nostalgia remembers it as more immersive and realistic, but time proves it was still closer to mario kart than I thought at the time.

Perhaps it was just the break in no F1 game for  ages and then one that was great for its time, that made it feel better than 2011-2019.

But yes, there were funny name selctions and good helmet options and so on. In general it was made with a good feel, hard to tangibly describe.

Edited by thatsfine

I agree that was long before I got a rig and whee

1 hour ago, thatsfine said:

Yes, so I found a way to play it again. I also remember I left off somewhere in season 7 in a Ferrari but never completed.

I guess what strikes me is how much the game has improved now in terms of car handling and the physics.

That said, cockpit view is still pretty epic and perhaps better.

I didn't realise how basic a lot of the stuff was back then, my nostalgia remembers it as more immersive and realistic, but time proves it was still closer to mario kart than I thought at the time.

Perhaps it was just the break in no F1 game for  ages and then one that was great for its time, that made it feel better than 2011-2019.

But yes, there were funny name selctions and good helmet options and so on. In general it was made with a good feel, hard to tangibly describe.

I totally agree, that was long before I got a wheel and rig, so I’m sure playing it now the handling would seem comical, but as you said when you look back on it nostalgically, it was a great representation of introducing you to the glitz and glamor of F1 from the intro to the hauntingly cool music.