Unable to save the game [SG]

Question

Hi!

I just bought the F1 2019 game yesterday, and came to a realization that I was not able to save any progress. Once I enter the game, the game just says that it cannot save itself, and to either retry or turn off the auto save. I would like to receive some assistance to this, as, otherwise, I find this game unplayable, because I want to play career mode and other things that require my preferences to be saved.

Thank you for reading.

6 answers to this question

Hi,

If on PC,  please check your saved game folder to see if you have an existing save file in there:

1. Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  2. Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\928600 (where the x’s are your unique user ID)
  3. Check for profile saves in that location 

If there are no save files in there not, then check whether you have permissions to write to the drive where the game is installed.

If there is a save file, then it might be corrupt. To rectify this issue, please try the following:

1. Go into Steam offline mode 
  2. Delete the local save file
  3. Launch the game and start a new game - this will create a new save file
  4. Turn Steam back into online mode and choose to overwrite the cloud save when prompted by Steam.

If you are not on PC, then please let us know what platform you are on and send through a screenshot of the error message that you are seeing.

Thanks.

Thank you for responding!

Yeah, I am sorry to not mention, I am using the steam version of this game, PC, of course. I have files in that specific folder, which are indeed corrupted. Now when I enter the game, I get the message ''Corrupted save, data overwrite - are you sure you want to overwrite your save game?'' I deleted my save through the game first, then tried exiting, deleting my local save and entered again, but the same message appears, and nothing is saved.

As of now, this is how my folder looks.

6884f2ec43000552920fabb4d88ba61f.png

If the game is already identifying the saves as corrupt then this should all work fine - the above workaround is just for when the save is corrupt but not detected as being corrupt. Just follow the in-game message to create a new saved game. Alternatively, once you are at the main menu you can enter the "Game Options" menu at the bottom of the screen and select the "Delete All Save Data" option to wipe your save and start again.

That's what I did, and every time the game saves it is saying that it is corrupt. Once I log back in I cannot load that save.

Ok, I can't tell if your saves are all becoming  corrupt after your write to them, or whether there is still a corrupt save file lingering on your system. Can you try cleaning up the saves as described in my original post? Please note that saves will be stored in the following locations:

• If Steam cloud enabled: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\928600\remote
  • If Steam cloud disabled: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\928600\local\savegame

When deleting your local saves, ensure that you remove these from both the "remote" and "local" folders before rebooting in offline mode.

The files save on the remote folder, and not the local savegame one. I did as you said, now it is back to the ''SAVE FAILED'' box where they ask me to retry or turn off autosave.87eb4bd62a73f2c2ef3cfa2a00beba83.png