Club Championships and DLC

I have setup a club and am running a championship for members. I have set it up using non DLC tracks so everyone can access it (including those without DLC).

My question is if i run a car which came as DLC on these tracks, will it affect other users who dont have these cars? I have a user who started a championship and

was 3 stages in when i joined in to race and he said it asked him to download additional content before he could continue. Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Racingmule said:

I have setup a club and am running a championship for members. I have set it up using non DLC tracks so everyone can access it (including those without DLC).

My question is if i run a car which came as DLC on these tracks, will it affect other users who dont have these cars? I have a user who started a championship and

was 3 stages in when i joined in to race and he said it asked him to download additional content before he could continue. Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks.

Certain car classes feature only DLC cars and don't have non-DLC cars in them. Up to 2000cc 4WD is one of those.

2 minutes ago, chukonu said:

I don't think there are any vanilla classes with DLC cars in it and visa versa @PJTierney

That would make sense then.

@Racingmule When you set your cars/locations for Club Championships, you should get a warning if you're using something which contains DLC content. Something along the lines of "this car class features DLC content and some players may not be able to access it, do you want to continue?".

Cheers for the quick reply, i had it set up for group A in Spain so it shouldnt have been a problem. I understand the whole warning thing but 

this is why i only used non DLC tracks and i didnt think it applied to cars. Also he made it through the first 3 stages before the question arose.  I will keep you posted if the problem persists.

Thanks.

Edited by Racingmule