Sign in to follow this  

Tarmac Physics and FFB

While by no means unplayable, this game (like its predecessor), is lacking in this domain. Perhaps this post belongs in the FFB thread (?) - but I feel the FFB in other locations is livable and quite good all things considered. However, the tarmac stages leave me ‘wanting’. Improvement in this capacity would absolutely make this game feel ‘whole’...

I hope we see a future patch address this, it would be amazing if CM could recreate the same kind of true-to-life feeling on paved surfaces as they have captured so well on gravel/dirt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

I know a lot of people who wait for FFB improvement to buy this game.
@PJTierney is improvement of FFB considered in future patches?

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

for me the tarmac need more sliding too  and ithe tarmac with rain ( with rain tyre ) is very grippy  i wait big update for the tarmac 

• Disagree 3

Loosy surfaces are too grippy too. It's unbelievable how quick a car stops when sliding sideways. But this is design decision IMO, I doubt they will change it ever.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

On 9/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

Loosy surfaces are too grippy too. It's unbelievable how quick a car stops when sliding sideways. But this is design decision IMO, I doubt they will change it ever.

I think the sliding is pretty accurate most of the time. The game does a good job of simulating how the tires shovel dirt and dig down to then “bite”. What I’ve found somewhat lacking, and maybe this is just my lack of skill, is when you try to use a lot of momentum for a long drift.

Say for example you’re coming at very high speed towards a hairpin and want to drift the car so you’re essentially going backwards with the nose pointing into the hairpin. I’ve never got that to work because the car loses speed too quickly. It’s like you gain grip exponentially, almost.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Gregow said:

I think the sliding is pretty accurate most of the time. The game does a good job of simulating how the tires shovel dirt and dig down to then “bite”. What I’ve found somewhat lacking, and maybe this is just my lack of skill, is when you try to use a lot of momentum for a long drift.

Say for example you’re coming at very high speed towards a hairpin and want to drift the car so you’re essentially going backwards with the nose pointing into the hairpin. I’ve never got that to work because the car loses speed too quickly. It’s like you gain grip exponentially, almost.

yes is true, and normaly in real with low speed is possible to take turn in slide or drift with good acceleraition too . but  on DR 2.0 on tarmac  the grip is very high  same for wet tarmac with rain tyre   ,     when i drive with rain tyre on wet track i have impressions  this tyre is better than medium tyre  on dry tarmac   is very strange 

8 hours ago, gk9147 said:

yes is true, and normaly in real with low speed is possible to take turn in slide or drift with good acceleraition too . but  on DR 2.0 on tarmac  the grip is very high  same for wet tarmac with rain tyre   ,     when i drive with rain tyre on wet track i have impressions  this tyre is better than medium tyre  on dry tarmac   is very strange 

My issue is not so much with the grip or lack thereof - in fact in that respect it seems ok I feel. My concern was more cantered around the feeling transmitted back through the wheel, to indicate grip, or loss of grip. When the car is not sliding the self aligning torque and ‘bite’ feel understated. I have a very difficult time judging that ‘critical mass’ point - meaning when the car is going to break loose there is nothing through the wheel that suggests the car is at its limit. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

My issue is not so much with the grip or lack thereof - in fact in that respect it seems ok I feel. My concern was more cantered around the feeling transmitted back through the wheel, to indicate grip, or loss of grip. When the car is not sliding the self aligning torque and ‘bite’ feel understated. I have a very difficult time judging that ‘critical mass’ point - meaning when the car is going to break loose there is nothing through the wheel that suggests the car is at its limit. 

Yeah, I've found that having SAT set high (70 or so for my G29) feels great on tarmac. The problem is, that's way too high a value for loose surfaces, so I need to turn it back down to 35 or so for gravel.

• Agree 1

Some good points in this thread, I think there is a bit too much grip in some gravel situations as well. (could also be overall grip)

On 9/11/2019 at 3:18 AM, bn880 said:

Some good points in this thread, I think there is a bit too much grip in some gravel situations as well. (could also be overall grip)

i no have problem for the gravel , personnaly if the car have grip  i remove  camber , i put the rear setup litle more hard ,  i add more power with  accelerations -ramp , and i put the car more high .

15 hours ago, gk9147 said:

i no have problem for the gravel , personnaly if the car have grip  i remove  camber , i put the rear setup litle more hard ,  i add more power with  accelerations -ramp , and i put the car more high .

Agreed - I have no issues with gravel or dirt, they seem just right to me personally. In most cases they are slippery enough, and I can easily rotate the car with throttle, brake, handbrake - or a combination of all three.

• Agree 1