Handling

The handling in this game is utter ****! And before anyone on here says it's amazing. Why has pretty every F1 driver that I've seen play the game say it's bad? And not realistic. From Raikkonen,Vettel and Norris and more..

I'm pretty sure I'd trust their opinion over anyone on here. Seeing as you know, they drive the current cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I'm definitely suspicious of the handling model. I'm sure people will tell me I'm not good enough at the game or whatever. My traction losses/losses of control in F1 2018 made sense. I can't say the same for F1 2019. (The under steering moments that happen seemingly at random just baffle me.)

Edited by Zachrulez
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The toe and camber for top times is pretty much the same for every track..Monaco to Monza.

How on earth could anyone think this handling and car modeling isn't up to par on a licensed AAA F1 title?/sarcasm

• Haha 2

It's wasn't guys from day one of release ,

when I bought Senna vs Prost legends edition and we got 3 days early access over the standard game the ffb was brilliant for wheel users,

we now have a codemasters reply asking how they can reproduce the muted ffb since patch 1.04 /05 onwards, so they can test it in there lab conditions,

then said they couldn't find any ffb problems related to wheel users,

my reply was you need to race with wheel from day one legends edition patch to see why ffb has changed so much,

f12019 ffb and tyre handling model was as good as pcars2 consoles and almost as good as iracing PC,

i have sim raced for a few years now and won league championships with thousands of hours practicing ,so I think with that in mind and as a experienced league owner with different racing sims ,I've earned the right to know the difference between good and bad ffb and tyre physics,

i want f12019 to succeed and I want success for codemasters with this sim or game now,

but only way f1 sim racing will succeed is they need to rollback to probably patch 1.04 or to back to day one release,

this game should have been the best selling f1 sim so far, but instead someone made a huge mistake with muted ffb for wheel users,

if I can reproduce the muted ffb on a standand ps4 then codemasters should be able instantaneous to find and fix ffb issues ,

this is a fact , I would pay extra £20 to have the brilliant FFB back again, 

The ffb did seem to have tweaked, I was Able to improve it by using fanatec recomended settings but it all seemed to go south with the performance patch, so there lies the problem, how do you dramatically change performance without redesigning the handling model. Did they have time, or cut corners.

• Agree 1

I can't say much regarding FFB as I'm a gamepad user, but since this thread is about handling there's another thing that has always annoyed me since my first CM F1 game (2012). Tire locks.

No matter what I do/what setup I use, I end locking up my tires on almost every apex (e.g. Bahrain T1, Austria T2(3), etc..). It's not a big problem since I can comfortably make it to the end of a 25% race without much more deg compared to others, but still I find it very annoying and distracting. I obviously don't use ABS and don't intend to in the future.

Edited by D4rio

😂😂 Use abs is the answer.

The brakes should be easy to lock, real drivers do it all the time.

You’re playing on pad so you prob need abs to help.

Makes me laugh people just want CM to make it easier and easier for them. You have the option of assist so use it if you’re struggling! Don't moan and ask for something to be changed that’s ok for everyone else.

And OT - i think handling is ok. Haven’t noticed any ffb change since release and i’m happy enough with it overall.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Traction is nothing like reality,

No tyre on any car in any universe will slide sideways like these do.

Especially at lowish speeds

Losing traction from too much power is one thing, having the car then keep sliding sideways off the track over grass through the gravel is ridiculous.

It should stop sliding on the track.

No car in the world slides this easy let alone F1 tyres.

It is much worse since 1.09.

I  have F1 2018, Project Cars  2, Assetto Corsa, rFacror2, Dirt Rally 2 and reality to compare it to.

It is ****.

• Agree 1

Hello everyone ,

i am personally disappointed not to see the ffb muted issues not patched yet,

weve have 2 updates or patches for dirt rally 2.0 ,how could they get that sim wrong when we already had the 1st dirt rally that works brilliantly on a wheel,

the FFB and handling tyre physics only applies to wheel users not pad users ,

ive been banging the drum since we all noticed ffb was muted by around 35% especially multiplayer in F1 2019 ,

I use t300 and ffb is bad wether I am on standand ps4 or ps4 pro ,

i really hope they fixed the problem as we could fix it by simply rolling back to patch 1.04 ,

3 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂😂 Use abs is the answer.

The brakes should be easy to lock, real drivers do it all the time.

You’re playing on pad so you prob need abs to help.

Makes me laugh people just want CM to make it easier and easier for them. You have the option of assist so use it if you’re struggling! Don't moan and ask for something to be changed that’s ok for everyone else.

And OT - i think handling is ok. Haven’t noticed any ffb change since release and i’m happy enough with it overall.

I think what he means to say is that tires are to quick to lock in relation to f1 2018, and in my opinion they are, I’m running a load cell set at 90kg and still have to set brake force to 100 and move the balance to the rear, to suit my driving style, I could have easily just changed my braking to suit the games arcade like braking model, but then what’s the point of having a load cell, as for an actual f1 car, considering that fact that most drivers use a pedal pressure set up well in excess of 100k and tend to only lock under extremely hard breaking, driving at the limit or following through dirty air. I think you can see that the Premise, that they are easy to lock is incorrect.

Edited by pbrstreetgangkt
Spelling

Speaking of handling, the cars do have not enough downforce as well as too much drag.

In real life the 2019 cars are much faster than the ones of 2018 ( 2019 cars have extreme downforce, low topspeed) and are breaking trackrecords left and right, yet in the game driving the 2019 cars feels like using a car from 2016 (2016 cars have almost no downforce, all about high topspeed).

It's as if Codemasters have no clue what the car performance should be.

They admitted that a misunderstanding of the 2019 car performance was the case before release (which i personally doubt as the 2019 season in real life was already running and we had more than a couple of chances to see the raw performance of the cars back then right before release, so in my opinion it was a poor excuse) and they tried to rectify it with the 1.05 patch (after being called out) in which apparently only the front wing downforce was increased, but it's still far from perfect.

What F1 2019 post 1.09 patch needs, is at least...

...20%+ increase on Aero.

...10%- decrease on Drag.

That is a approximate change, that needs to be done in one of the forthcoming patches, else the car performance will never be anywhere near the real life ones.

As a sidenote, i am merely guessing from the overall wing angle of 11 - 1.

The actual calculated result is approximately around 35% more aero that is needed to fix the lack of downforce.

Taking Turn 9 at Spain as an example, 11/11 wings is the setting we need to take that corner flatout as in real life, but Spain is more of a medium to high aero circuit, so 11/11 wings, or maximum aero, is way too much and needs to be adjusted down to 7/7 or even 8/8 wings. 

Either way, i am being generous with my suggestion of 20%+ Aero, as it is not my job to do the exact maths, i am a customer and can only point at bugs / glitches / shortcomings of the game and the car performance, even after the supposed downforce fix of patch 1.05, is most definitely still a shortcoming of the game.

Codemasters needs to fix this ASAP, else why call it a officially licenced game, if the car performance is out of sync to real life.

Any news Codemasters?

Will this be fixed, if so, when can we expect the patch with another downforce fix to drop?

Or can we safely move on and not bother trying to get a official answer?

@Faya 

@RedDevilKT

@David Greco

@Hoo

@PJTierney

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Speaking of handling, the cars do have not enough downforce as well as too much drag.

In real life the 2019 cars are much faster than the ones of 2018 ( 2019 cars have extreme downforce, low topspeed) and are breaking trackrecords left and right, yet in the game driving the 2019 cars feels like using a car from 2016 (2016 cars have almost no downforce, all about high topspeed).

It's as if Codemasters have no clue what the car performance should be.

They admitted that a misunderstanding of the 2019 car performance was the case before release (which i personally doubt as the 2019 season in real life was already running and we had more than a couple of chances to see the raw performance of the cars back then right before release, so in my opinion it was a poor excuse) and they tried to rectify it with the 1.05 patch (after being called out) in which apparently only the front wing downforce was increased, but it's still far from perfect.

What F1 2019 post 1.09 patch needs, is at least...

...20%+ increase on Aero.

...10%- decrease on Drag.

That is a approximate change, that needs to be done in one of the forthcoming patches, else the car performance will never be anywhere near the real life ones.

As a sidenote, i am merely guessing from the overall wing angle of 11 - 1.

The actual calculated result is approximately around 35% more aero that is needed to fix the lack of downforce.

Taking Turn 9 at Spain as an example, 11/11 wings is the setting we need to take that corner flatout as in real life, but Spain is more of a medium to high aero circuit, so 11/11 wings, or maximum aero, is way too much and needs to be adjusted down to 7/7 or even 8/8 wings. 

Either way, i am being generous with my suggestion of 20%+ Aero, as it is not my job to do the exact maths, i am a customer and can only point at bugs / glitches / shortcomings of the game and the car performance, even after the supposed downforce fix of patch 1.05, is most definitely still a shortcoming of the game.

Codemasters needs to fix this ASAP, else why call it a officially licenced game, if the car performance is out of sync to real life.

Any news Codemasters?

Will this be fixed, if so, when can we expect the patch with another downforce fix to drop?

Or can we safely move on and not bother trying to get a official answer?

@Faya 

@RedDevilKT

@David Greco

@Hoo

@PJTierney

I agree with you totally, but I fear that the problems with the handling model run deeper than you state. And like I said in my first post they cut corners with the patch, and merely created a simulation of a simulation if that makes any sense, in an effort to mimic the cars RL performance, and in doing so compromised the overall handling model. Sadly I doubt anything will be done about it as they will be concentrating on next gen software and Reg changes for 2021.