Sign in to follow this  

Question to oculus [store] users about graphics. DR1 vs DR2

Could some oculus users tell how the graphics compare to dr 1? I know its possible to run it trough steam but even if i raise the graphics pretty high and use the same amount of supersampling i use in dr1 it still doesnt seems as good and tbf its difficult to judge when its stuttering. I just fired up dr1 again and was amazed how good it felt* e and looked. So until (if) we'll get native oculus support on steam it would be nice if you could share your settings and compare between the 2 games and share your thoughts. What hardware do you use and what settings/fps do you get? Its nice to know what we hopefully looking forward to!

*meh, except the ffb that feels superior in dr2! 🙂

Well man I have the following items:

- Dirt Rally 1.0 for Oculus
- Dirt Rally 1.0 for Steam
- Dirt Rally 2.0 for Oculus

I can tell there is no comparison between 2 and 1 on the Oculus. Graphics are way better in the 2, physics, car handling and smoothness. Everything is way better in Dirt Rally 2.0 

I get 90 fps constant on both 1 and 2 even though with my GTX 1080ti to get to 90fps constant (Dirt Rally 2.0) on Ultra I needed to lower a bit some settings here and there. 

It is a shame the Oculus version still did not get the DLCs after so much time after the release. Codemasters keeps on saying it is coming at a later date without any information if it is a matter of days, weeks, months or never, which is terribly annoying. 

Edited by koog2003

the interior of the car is mutch crispier in dirt 1.

In dirt rally 2 its kinda blurry. cant read the spedometer clearly.

And i`m having problems with nigth stages.

Its like max 16 colours, and the menus has like a glowing halo around the,

I have a rift s

Edited by kellemann

I don't see anything but improvements in 2.0.  Not only is it prettier IMO, but I feel like I can see the contours of the road better.