Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why not just introduce an option to manually program ERS deployment?

ERS programming  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this to be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, so I'm new to this section of the forums and F1 games in general, but I'm enjoying F1 2019 very much. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but considering the great debate over ERS management issues, I think what what we need is the option to program ERS deployment. In the course of one lap your inputs would be recorded, so that they can be automated throughout the race. You could program a few presets and have the ability to override the system if you wish. I think this way Codies would make everyone happy, players who want realism as well as those who want a challenge. Do you think it's feasible?  

If this is possible IRL then people would jump all over this but if it's not available for F1 drivers then I think this won't happen.

8 hours ago, likewise said:

If this is possible IRL then people would jump all over this but if it's not available for F1 drivers then I think this won't happen.

That's essentially how it does work in real life. The maps are programmed before the race.  

Maybe next game as requires overhaul of whole ERS system in game which won't happen on a live game. They need a major feature to sell each game so maybe FULL REALISTIC ERS! might be a reason to add it. Although maybe the majority of casual gamers won't be impressed, so maybe FULL HELMET AND SUIT CUSTOMIZATION!!.... Plus REALISTIC ERS... Might be more likely to happen! 

:classic_biggrin:

I’ve been saying this for awhile.  They should use the ERS practice program to program the ERS.  It’s 3 laps long so they could have a regen, normal, and max setting or something like that and adjust the delta’s and energy saving requirements per lap to compensate for deploying more or less ERS throughout the lap.

2 minutes ago, jrod22145 said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile.  They should use the ERS practice program to program the ERS.  It’s 3 laps long so they could have a regen, normal, and max setting or something like that and adjust the delta’s and energy saving requirements per lap to compensate for deploying more or less ERS throughout the lap.

That's a great idea. I hope it becomes a feature. When I see on youtube what you have to do to with the ERS to drive on the top level... I just can't be bothered. I think I'll just put it on auto and have fun with AI/ casual online.

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

That's a great idea. I hope it becomes a feature. When I see on youtube what you have to do to with the ERS to drive on the top level... I just can't be bothered. I think I'll just put it on auto and have fun with AI/ casual online.

I’ll be honest, I really enjoy micromanaging it, but I’ve got the Fanatec F1 2018 LE rim so I’d like to automate the ERS like IRL so I could start learning to micromanage the brake bias and diff settings.  Currently I’m trying to master all four with limited success.