Update 8 is a step in the wrong direction

Pay to retry is seriously frustrating. Like many other people complaining about the game, I will probably end up deleting it.

Race weekends are my favourite part of the game, duels are monotonous, single is too easy. I liked being able to restart so I can keep trying to figure out the best line though the pack and fight for position.

I hear the argument that this is more authentic because you cant retry in a real race, but c’mon we’re playing this on a phone or iPad, I don’t play because it’s real. If I want real I’ll drive a car. 

This was a gem of a app, good game play for not that much in return maybe a few ads here and there. The fact you didn’t have to invest in the mobile game made me a bigger F1 fan, it let me see the courses so I had a better insight before watching the actual race. 

But nothing is free, I understand, but at least try to steal my data not my money. 

• Agree 3

Is it not it enough that every reward comes with an ad? Arent they generating revenue from ad placements without clamping down on paid retries? I'll admit to my embarrassment, long ago I purchased 2 official cars, and early on in the game when I knew no better a few packs of credits because the implication has always been that better parts means more speed and more wins. This is now seen as if not a lie at least misleading. I'm simply getting no fun from it any more. Certainly no excitement. Now my 6 months of Gold race winning performances has been downgraded to Silver. Why? How can I place Gold in every event bar one and be dropped to Silver? This is governmental financial reshuffling to make treasury look good on a blatant scale. If you deny the incentive for 90% of the competitors to compete, soon you will only have 10% of people playing and that will be the end of the game.

Edited by Dr Zaius
  • Agree 2

A very important bug in Quali/Dual mode !! When you are behind of your opponent in certain high speed corners you suddenly loose grip/downforce witch is quite normal when you racing against other cars and the turbulent air disturbs the aero efficiency but in quali mode they supposed to be GHOST cars 1f61b.png:P ... Happened to me in Parabolica/Monza , Suzuka 1st sector , Silverstone/Becketts and so on

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, AlexSipos said:

A very important bug in Quali/Dual mode !! When you are behind of your opponent in certain high speed corners you suddenly loose grip/downforce witch is quite normal when you racing against other cars and the turbulent air disturbs the aero efficiency but in quali mode they supposed to be GHOST cars 1f61b.png😛 ... Happened to me in Parabolica/Monza , Suzuka 1st sector , Silverstone/Becketts and so on

This has happened to me too, however I was in the lead so put it down as trying to take corner too fast, ended up losing the duel.

• Sad 1

Most irritating thing now for me is opponents turning into ghost mode in grid and sprint duels. 

• Agree 1

for me the steering is all wrong ... I drive without driver aids but the steering fells like westling with another person who wants to turn somewhere else (seems most significant in the serious of flowing corners in Mexico ... every corner is a surprise 😳

Used to work perfectly in earlier interactions and I could drive confidently to the edges of the walls (ie. Singapore) but now you have to anticipate total wrong turn in or even the steering changing turning angle when you hold perfectly still. 

undriveable 😒

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, elimmel said:

Most irritating thing now for me is opponents turning into ghost mode in grid and sprint duels. 

are you driving in in-cockpit position? try that in quail mode in a single and you will be inside all your opponents for a few corners ... reported it many times ... NO reaction from CODEMASTER 

• Sad 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, elimmel said:

😲 This is new!

And the hits keep coming.

Bravo, Codemasters. 🙄 

• Haha 1

I have been an enthusiastic player of this game and always looked forward to GP weekends. But now after the new updates, I have lost all interest in playing the weekends as I am like many other players, I have to make many attempts to get through to the final race. For those who say, it’s more realistic, well sorry I am not a professional racing driver, and I want to play games that allow for that. So good luck to the developers, and the purists, but yet again another great racing game that will slowly but surely fade away quicker than it could have if they had simply listened to the masses. For a game to successful it needs to have massive volume of users. Not rocket science!

• Agree 1

On 9/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, Dr Zaius said:

Is it not it enough that every reward comes with an ad? Arent they generating revenue from ad placements without clamping down on paid retries? I'll admit to my embarrassment, long ago I purchased 2 official cars, and early on in the game when I knew no better a few packs of credits because the implication has always been that better parts means more speed and more wins. This is now seen as if not a lie at least misleading. I'm simply getting no fun from it any more. Certainly no excitement. Now my 6 months of Gold race winning performances has been downgraded to Silver. Why? How can I place Gold in every event bar one and be dropped to Silver? This is governmental financial reshuffling to make treasury look good on a blatant scale. If you deny the incentive for 90% of the competitors to compete, soon you will only have 10% of people playing and that will be the end of the game.

The devs stated very early on that the paid cars are cosmetic only. They just didn't say that anywhere IN THE GAME! You had to learn on this message board or on Reddit that those cars didn't actually do anything different. SO they had this cash grab mentality from the start. Their plan was to slowly roll it out and gradually put features that were once free behind the paywall. I haven't fired up this game in quite a while. The easiest way to send a message that this game is **** and that it should be scrapped entirely is to simply stop playing it. I know I have. 

• Agree 1