MicroProse back in business

It's been so many years, hardly anyone who worked on the Grand Prix series will be back or in any capacity involved in this.

Crammond is probably too old for this stuff.

• Sad 1

Cool to see the Microprose brand back but they aren't going to be doing F1 games anytime soon.

even without licenses, if microprose launches one f1 version with generic teams and drivers will be better than codemasters f1

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, RaceMyZaru said:

It's been so many years, hardly anyone who worked on the Grand Prix series will be back or in any capacity involved in this.

Crammond is probably too old for this stuff.

I think he's about my age, mid fifties, so maybe won't enjoy 24/coding anymore but I'm sure any other dev role would be suitable! 

https://www.retrogamer.net/profiles/developer/geoff-crammond/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, EnsiFerrum said:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/legendary-developers-microprose-are-back.172960/

Anyone around remember Geoff Grammond's GP4

Back in 2002 the last F1-simulation was released. 

Maybe we see a successor in a few years?
Would be great!

Literally the best f1 I’ve ever played. 17 years on we have gone backwards. AI, weather, car set up, random failures and mistakes....

lets hope they do get back on the F1 wheel and please god let them do something for the PS and not just leave on PC!

Awesome! I've always loved Microprose games. I mean, even the name of the company is freaking great. I still have GP4 and Grand Prix Manager 2 from 1996 on the PC I'm typing on, which I still play from time to time! The thing about these older games is that many of them are bloody hard by today's standard - and that is nothing but a positive thing.

Edited by janbonator

The name doesn't mean zip as long as the team that made the GP series great isn't involved. I did however love the Microprose games, in fact I still play some of the titles like B17 and GP4 which is still very much alive. And since we are being nostalgic, lets not forget Sierra with Grandprix Legends; another one that is still very much alive and among the best of the classic car racing sims.