DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series

Whats the best times at the moment? Im not close to my pc. My best was 4.07 with stock is it wort a shot for me or im really behind?

5 hours ago, FlikenFlaken said:

Whats the best times at the moment? Im not close to my pc. My best was 4.07 with stock is it wort a shot for me or im really behind?

Last time I checked it was 3.51

10 minutes ago, RFRnico said:

is it possible to have all the time on the website https://dirtrally2.com ?
I don't like launch the games only to see the times/ranking

thanks
Nicolas.

This is something that's being worked on 🙂 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Last time I checked it was 3.51

Oh nice, who pushed it down from VP's 52 time? Did Micky finally make his run?

28 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Oh nice, who pushed it down from VP's 52 time? Did Micky finally make his run?

crazynevada is currently first. the top people will probably post last minute times. i think we will see 46-47

• Like 1

Any daily screenshots of current leaderboards getting posted to the forums, different platforms? 

Didn't take me long to roll down the road and crash into a house. Good job I wasn't expecting much 😂

On 9/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, PJTierney said:

DR2_Esports_Bannerb.jpg

Have you got what it takes to become a DiRT Rally legend, and win from a prize pool of $10,000? Version 1.8 will put that to the test with the introduction of the official DiRT Rally 2.0 esports series.

DR2_Subaru_WRXRX_5b.jpg

The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series begin on September 10, and continue throughout the end of 2019 in the search for the world’s strongest Rally and Rallycross players. In partnership with Motorsport Network, the series will see players compete on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam in a number of online challenges, with the live final being held at the Autosport International show in January 2020. For more information about the competition and Motorsport Network, our press release can be found here.

For the next 3 months, in-game Qualifiers will take place in DiRT Rally 2.0, with separate categories for both Rally and Rallycross. On December 7th and 8th, the Quarter and Semi-Finals will be broadcasted live across DiRT and Motorsport Network channels, showcasing the game’s strongest players in their element. Throughout the Qualifiers players can play on their preferred home setup, however the live finals will be a wheel-only competition.

Qualifiers can be found in-game by navigating to the World Series tab on the main menu, and updates throughout the season will be available here and on Motorsport Network channels. Here are the list of World Series Qualifiers for both rally and Rallycross categories. The fastest player in each Qualifier on each platform will earn a spot in the Quarter-Finals, with invites passing-down if a player has already Qualified.

DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifiers: Rally

• 10th September – Poland – Kopina – H2 FWD
  • 17th September – Argentina – Las Juntas – Group B 4WD
  • 24th September – New Zealand – Te Awanga Forward – R5
  • 8th October – Spain – Comienzo en Bellriu – Rally GT
  • 15th October – USA – North Fork Pass – Group A
  • 22nd October – Australia – Mount Kaye Pass – Group B 4WD
  • 5th November – Poland – Czarny Las – H3 RWD
  • 12th November – New Zealand – Waimarama Point Reverse – R2
  • 19th November – Spain – Decenso por carrertera – R5

DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifiers: Rallycross

• 10th September – Hell, Norway – RX1600
  • 17th September – Trois-Rivières, Canada – RX2
  • 24th September – Lohéac Bretagne, France – RX Supercars
  • 8th October – Montalegre, Portugal – RX Supercars
  • 15th October – Silverstone, England – RX2
  • 22nd October – Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain – RX1600
  • 5th November – Mettet, Belgium – RX2
  • 12th November – Holjes, Sweden – RX1600
  • 19th November – Hell, Norway – RX Supercars

Best of luck to everybody competing in this competition, and may the best drivers win. In addition, there’s a participation prize for all who take part…

DR2_BMW_M2_Competition_2b.jpg

Every player who competes in a DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifier will be rewarded with an new car, the BMW M2 Competition.

Described by BMW as the ultimate sports car, the BMW M2 Competition battles in the Rally GT Class in DiRT Rally 2.0. As with all M cars, the M2 has racing DNA factored into every aspect of its design, and is sure to provide a special driving experience in-game.

After you set a valid time in a DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifier you will be rewarded with an exclusive version the BMW M2 Competition for use in My Team, where you can perform upgrades, compete in Daily Challenges and more. This special version of the BMW M2 Competition also provides you with free car repairs.

Please note that the BMW M2 Competition is awarded when a Qualifier's entry period ends. Taking part in the World Series Qualifiers is currently the only way to obtain this car for use in My Team.

The car is also available for all players in Freeplay, Custom Event, Clubs, Multiplayer and Time Trial, without needing to set a time in the World Series Qualifiers.

Of course we B series customers with the Oculus version cannot compete ... why is it that ? Look if you add the support for the Oculus SDK on Steam like you did for Dirt Rally 1 I will buy the game again. I dont care I want the DLCs and I want to be able to compete in the world series. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:04 PM, dgeesi0 said:

crazynevada is currently first. the top people will probably post last minute times. i think we will see 46-47

On 9/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, ManxYates said:

Any daily screenshots of current leaderboards getting posted to the forums, different platforms? 

currently, on Steam:

20190914033634_1.jpg

The leaderboards are crossed platform right?

Here the RX (PS4) leaderboard.

3811 competed so far:
image.png.da0bc2466b15c3487f2e4bd8f971f4a8.png

Top of the leaderboard:
image.thumb.jpeg.1047086e3dcfee9a905ab85c6ba88627.jpeg

Despite a lot of mistakes that I made, I am still in the top 50 and fastest Dutchie.
image.thumb.jpeg.b23317804de7d9614cbc20da721bd76b.jpeg

i would of waited if i was micky. joona and billy now can possibly not need to do risky things to get the top time. 46 is possible but with a perfect run. 2 secs is a lot of time to play with so will allow for a little ease off. gunna be a tense run in thats for sure.

Did a semi-clean run, but am uncomfortable with the FWD H2. Came in around Pos 200-ish. Over 20 secs behind the Leader... damn this is some tough competition. I guess I shouldn't hope to qualify anything anytime soon. But maybe I set myself onto the goal of getting into the Top 100 in one of the qualifiers. That would satisfy me much 🙂

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The leaderboards are crossed platform right?

I'm pretty sure it's your platform only. My leaderboards on X-Box One look different and no "DiRT-Player" in there this time.

I'm not sure, but I believe every PS4-Player is shown as DiRT-Player for me on other modes (I use cross-platform-leaderboards enabled in options).

Even if I'm right, that there are far less players and therefor less competition on X-Box One, I don't think I can qualify, not good enough. And I don't use unrealistic cut's like you have to do to win. Then I rather don't wanna win, it's stupid in my eyes.

I do my best without cutting and take the car. I WANT THAT CAR! 😄

16 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I'm pretty sure it's your platform only. My leaderboards on X-Box One look different and no "DiRT-Player" in there this time.

I'm not sure, but I believe every PS4-Player is shown as DiRT-Player for me on other modes (I use cross-platform-leaderboards enabled in options).

Yes, I know that is how it with the Community Challenges. But for the eSport you need to accept RaceNet, and I think that automatically shows your name for all platforms. 

@PJTierney could you answer if we see crossed platforms leaderboards for eSports, or do we see only platform specific?

We’re soon looking to get the Leaderboards on the website, which should answer that question once and for all 🙂 

Based on how Leaderboards generally work though I suspect you’re seeing platform boards. Easiest way to check is to have people on different platforms see who is #1 and if it’s the same time.

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We’re soon looking to get the Leaderboards on the website, which should answer that question once and for all 🙂 

Based on how Leaderboards generally work though I suspect you’re seeing platform boards. Easiest way to check is to have people on different platforms see who is #1 and if it’s the same time.

I see a british guy on 1st place currently.

Can you also confirm, that "DiRT-Player" are PS4-players?

The leaderboards are really confusing sometimes...RaceNet-names vs. platform-names is very confusing. Stick to one system, please.

Is it able to know what stage degradation level will be in the next qualifying stages?

1 hour ago, stcooza said:

Is it able to know what stage degradation level will be in the next qualifying stages?

I need to double check but if it’s anything like Time Trial it’ll be Optimal.

Hi 
Im will try to not sound like a bad loser, but i really hope the top times for this week are reviewed properly and runs using ridiculous cuts are penalized.
In my opinion this should fall under rule 14 in the official rulebook. If not, this is really a kick in the face for all the drives that take this competition serius and want to set a proper time. 
This competition will also lose all credibility. If this is some kind of dakar rally where its ok to make your on track, this should be announced on forehand.
But maybe it's only me...

Here are some examples: 

https://youtu.be/ciEs4Z-9SW8?t=81

https://youtu.be/ciEs4Z-9SW8?t=114

Edited by mirk1983

Yeah there bugs in the game whixh makes it possible to do serious cuts. Saw some examples on reddit also 

Looks like some of us spent lots of time trying every corner if cutting is possible.

If this is allowed, the whole idea of the world series is dawn the drain.

Not that I am near the top spots, but with this kind of cheating I'm out of it.

44 minutes ago, mirk1983 said:

Hi 
Im will try to not sound like a bad loser, but i really hope the top times for this week are reviewed properly and runs using ridiculous cuts are penalized.
In my opinion this should fall under rule 14 in the official rulebook. If not, this is really a kick in the face for all the drives that take this competition serius and want to set a proper time. 
This competition will also lose all credibility. If this is some kind of dakar rally where its ok to make your on track, this should be announced on forehand.

Here are some examples: 

I totally agree. The second video is totally unacceptable.

Regards.

2 hours ago, mirk1983 said:

Hi 

Here are some examples: 

Was already confirmed that all cuts are allowed if they do not require code modification. We had a big discussion about it leading up to the qualifiers and that was the final ruling.