DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series

people keep talking about cuts, and using ABS/traction control, but what about people using hacks like 400 or even 360 degrees of steering rotation, and also bonnet cam? from what i gather most of the top guys on PC use 400 degrees of rotation, from what i've heard Joona uses 360 which is the same as an F1 car.

i'd love to see the real-life final played with ABS, traction control and stability control off, the wheel rotation locked to 540, and the camera locked to cockpit cam.

that would be a proper final. 

people can't complain about people using gamepads or assists if they use less than 540 degrees of rotation on their wheel and/or bonnet cam.

I think everyone should be free to use whatever they're comfortable with. I understand from a marketing perspective that Codies want to see everyone using a wheel during the final, but I think it's extremely unfair to those who potentially will reach the finals on a game pad.

I don't know why using 360° is unfair to anyone. If you think it makes people quicker, why don't you use it too? Bonnet cam? it's there in the game, everyone can use it. My crystal ball just told me that the same people will be on top of the leaderboard, regardless of DOR, camera or assists. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, richie said:

I don't know why using 360° is unfair to anyone.

People also want to act like 360° is so much less than 540° - it's literally a quarter of a turn difference in either direction. That's it. It's the difference of full lock right stopping at 6 or stopping at 9 on a clock face. Is it different? Yes. Is it dramatically different? Almost negligible for the actual turning input, the entire reason to run it low is to make paddle shifting easier. 

If you had a static paddle that was attached to the base instead of the wheel (very rare in sim wheel setups) it would literally make zero difference then and be 100% user preference. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, richie said:

I don't know why using 360° is unfair to anyone. If you think it makes people quicker, why don't you use it too? Bonnet cam? it's there in the game, everyone can use it. My crystal ball just told me that the same people will be on top of the leaderboard, regardless of DOR, camera or assists. 

i never said using 360 rotation was unfair. just that it's kind of ironic that people complain about people using assists like TC and ABS while at the same time using assists themselves like less than 540 degrees of rotation and bonnet cam.

sorry, but using less than 540 degrees of rotation on a wheel is most definitely an assist. Appendix 1 of the sporting regulations for this CM DR2.0 esports says that assists are not allowed. so why allow people to use 400 or even 360 degrees of rotation? if they're going to do that then allow people to use TC and ABS. i mean, if someone feels comfortable using ABS then they should be allowed to, if CM are going to allow people using 400/360 degrees of rotation to use it if they feel comfortable with it. 

and people complain about other people using chase cam while at the same time using bonnet cam, which is just as arcadey. i actually see in the sporting regulations that exterior cameras are set to 'on' for the quarters, semis, and final. probably to appease all the bonnet cam users who would be in an uproar if they couldn't use that view. 

but isn't it going to be fun if one of the top 3 in the finals or even the winner ends up using chase cam. imagine the uproar from the bonnet cam users.

Edited by Tranzitive

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

using bonnet cam, which is just as arcadey

This always bothers me. Bonnet cam is no more or less arcadey than cockpit. It 100% depends on where you monitor is located compared to your seat position. If your monitor is in a position that bonnet cam makes logical sense for it to be used, I would argue it's more arcadey to force a cockpit cam instead since the references would all be off.

Also for the record, i don't believe drivers will be allowed to make any hardware adjustments in the finals. Everyone will be running the same FFB/DoR/game settings on the same hardware, which we can assume will be 540°

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

i never said using 360 rotation was unfair. just that it's kind of ironic that people complain about people using assists like TC and ABS while at the same time using assists themselves like less than 540 degrees of rotation and bonnet cam.

sorry, but using less than 540 degrees of rotation on a wheel is most definitely an assist. Appendix 1 of the sporting regulations for this CM DR2.0 esports says that assists are not allowed. so why allow people to use 400 or even 360 degrees of rotation? if they're going to do that then allow people to use TC and ABS. i mean, if someone feels comfortable using ABS then they should be allowed to, if CM are going to allow people using 400/360 degrees of rotation to use it if they feel comfortable with it. 

and people complain about other people using chase cam while at the same time using bonnet cam, which is just as arcadey. i actually see in the sporting regulations that exterior cameras are set to 'on' for the quarters, semis, and final. probably to appease all the bonnet cam users who would be in an uproar if they couldn't use that view. 

but isn't it going to be fun if one of the top 3 in the finals or even the winner ends up using chase cam. imagine the uproar from the bonnet cam users.

I don't know what you're talking about to be honest. Who's complaining about people using assists? The sporting regulations say that all assists are allowed during qualification. Regarding DoR, can you show me where I can find it in the assists menu? I can't find it. 

I don't care which cam people will be using during the finals. If someone's used to chase cam, why shouldn't he use it? 

Edited by richie

Posted (edited)

In my opinion the issue lies more on the current race model itself, the race  is lacks to the factors that affect the entries results. the participants are posting their official runs facing the same situations that they face in their practices which gives a practice results rather than a race results, the racing fields is pale (repeat blindly what you practiced) the racing fields should hide a lot of factors that could affect your result to make the racing more exiting. 

Hence the only factors that I can think about right now:

1- put the whole entries around the world in literally one stage at the same time to race each other (which i called it an intelligence suggestion):classic_laugh:

2-add a new hiding degradation level, disallowed in-game, activated in-(qualifiers\finals) stages, for example

it’s as if 150 entrants had raced the Stage ahead of them

The new level could be like as it’s 300 entrants had raced the stage a head or something similar, hopefully CM look after that.

Edited by stcooza

42 minutes ago, stcooza said:

put the whole entries around the world in literally one stage at the same time to race each other (which i called it an intelligence suggestion)

So everyone across the world has the same exact 15/30 minute time window to do their race? That sounds like you're going to have 80% of potential drivers not even race then

43 minutes ago, stcooza said:

add a new hiding degradation level, disallowed in-game, activated in-(qualifiers\finals) stages, for example

This would only hurt the 99% and not even bother the top 1% of drivers. The top 1% literally do not care conditions/degradation/etc - they are still faster than us with any stage settings than we can be, so making everyone go in "blind" isn't actually fair. The only people who are "blind" then are the drivers who can't drive hours every day. The ones who can will be unaffected and actually probably gain an advantage over the other drivers. The top drivers already know basically every stage without the practice, so not allowing them to practice has a much smaller impact than not allowing the "normal" drivers to practice will.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

So everyone across the world has the same exact 15/30 minute time window to do their race? That sounds like you're going to have 80% of potential drivers not even race then

Whoo.. easy I said “in literally one stage” which mean they visible to each other, over take and defending against each other, it’s just a joke.🙂

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

This would only hurt the 99% and not even bother the top 1% of drivers. The top 1% literally do not care conditions/degradation/etc - they are still faster than us with any stage settings than we can be, so making everyone go in "blind" isn't actually fair.

I never ask for making the 99% in top to be fair.

Edited by stcooza

Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, stcooza said:

In my opinion the issue lies more on the current race model itself, the race  is lacks to the factors that affect the entries results. the participants are posting their official runs facing the same situations that they face in their practices which gives a practice results rather than a race results, the racing fields is pale (repeat blindly what you practiced) the racing fields should hide a lot of factors that could affect your result to make the racing more exiting. 

Hence the only factors that I can think about right now:

add a new hiding degradation level, disallowed in-game, activated in-(qualifiers\finals) stages, for example

it’s as if 150 entrants had raced the Stage ahead of them

The new level could be like as it’s 300 entrants had raced the stage a head or something similar.

To be more specific and give more options i will focus on surface types beside the stage degradation, its the only effective tools could be useful to affect the entries performance, for surface types (dry\wet) the special effect could be more\less slippery, as for degradation just like I said before. so when announcing the stages (as decided) the given information will be (location\stage\time\whether\special wet effect +75%) that mean it 75% more slippery than in-game wet effect. as for dry if its more slippery then it will be the level what between dry and wet, and off course it will be only activated in-qualifiers\finales stages.

so the entries have known the effect but didn’t feel it yet, they have to deal with it in their official run to identify the faster in form of racing.

Edited by stcooza