Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 will launch but crashes shortly after [SG]

F1 2019 will launch and a black screen shows up. On the taskbar, I can see the game launched. A few seconds later, the game finishes.

No crash dump or error messages are shown. Latest Steam version, using a GeForce 1080 Ti with the latest NVidia public drivers.
Local files have been verified to no avail. Deleting and Re-downloading game also did not help. The same issue happens with F1 2017 and F1 2018.
Games used to work perfectly a few weeks ago. Since then, latest Windows updates, Steam updates and various other updates have been applied.

Checked windows logs, and found multiple error entries. Crash information for one of the errors is attached.
Edit: found extra info in another log entry, so new files have been uploaded (crash1, info1, report.wer).

crash.txt

crash1.txt

info1.txt

Report.wer

Hi @arionsilver,

A couple of things to try:

• Delete your hardware_settings_config.xml file (lives here: "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\") and relaunch the game
  • Reinstall Steam.

If you're still having issues, then we'll need more info, so send through your dxdiag and hardware settings file and we'll take a look. Info on how to do this is contained here.

Thanks,
Hoo.

Here are some more things to try:

• Verify your local files on Steam and try launching the game.
  • Disconnect your large monitor and boot your PC with just the 1920x1080 connected. Then delete the F1 2019 hardware settings file (if it exists) and then launch the game.

If these don't work, then the following info might give some more clues:

• Check whether the hardware settings file has reappeared since trying to boot the game again? If so, please send that through.
  • Let us know if you have made any changes to the hardware setup at all (new monitors, new gfx cards, etc.)

Thanks.

Here is the answers to your questions.

• Verify your local files on Steam and try launching the game.
    • I already did that, as stated in the first post.
  • Disconnect your large monitor and boot your PC with just the 1920x1080 connected. Then delete the F1 2019 hardware settings file (if it exists) and then launch the game.
    • I did try that, but also did not work.
  • Check whether the hardware settings file has reappeared since trying to boot the game again?
    • I believe they were showing up, but I have since formatted the PC.
  • Let us know if you have made any changes to the hardware setup at all
    • From the previous successful launch to now, no changes have been done to the hardware.

As stated above, I've formatted the PC and installed Steam, F1 2019 from scratch. F1 2019 works perfectly fine, as expected.
Some background process was crashing F1 2019, but I am afraid I do not have the means to test it any longer.

So, from my point of view, this issue has been resolved. Thank you for your support.

WHAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM: Running Advanced System Care tools. Register Cleaner, Disk Cleaner and Driver Booster...restart pc and game is back to normal. DX 12 working 60fps and DX11 stuttering as hell haha