AI are retiring far too often

Every race there are several cars randomly suffering from mechanical faults scripted from the start of the race. At least 1 of these cars will be a top 6 driver. Given that there have been zero top 6 mechanical DNFs in F1 this year, how is this realistic or fun in any way? I play the game to race the AI, having them drop out for no reason whatsoever completely takes away any of the fun the comes from racing. I am only 2 races in and already 2 top 6 cars have had mechanical retirements.

If the developers insist on having this mechanic in the game, can we at least have an option to turn off random AI DNF's? Surely it can't be that difficult...

unknown.png

• Like 1

It would be more interesting if you can also have mechanical failures, but don’t dream, you won’t get any improvement on this. You’ll have to buy f1 2020 to (maybe) have other features and (bugs of course)

• Sad 1

I like it as a feature. Most (almost all) real races have retirements.

I haven’t found it to be excessive in the game.

Just the nature of random i suppose that someone will get it excessively.

Agree! This happens since last year. Every race I play one too driver retires. Very unrealistic

It's not scripted its random. I really like that the game is different for everone due to random dynamic events and inevitably some will experience failures at either end of the spectrum., too many or too few. I think this is far more preferable to scripted scenarios where every player would experience exactly the same thing, that would be utterly unacceptable to me.

Edited by chen255
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 9/9/2019 at 10:58 PM, Versicarius said:

Every race there are several cars randomly suffering from mechanical faults scripted from the start of the race. At least 1 of these cars will be a top 6 driver. Given that there have been zero top 6 mechanical DNFs in F1 this year, how is this realistic or fun in any way? I play the game to race the AI, having them drop out for no reason whatsoever completely takes away any of the fun the comes from racing. I am only 2 races in and already 2 top 6 cars have had mechanical retirements.

If the developers insist on having this mechanic in the game, can we at least have an option to turn off random AI DNF's? Surely it can't be that difficult...

unknown.png

Your sample size is two races...

I usually suffer 2-4 AI DNF per race. It's been like that for years in the game and it's no different in F1 2019. No need to change anything.

Okay, here's some more, with far more DNFs than should be acceptable.

So in the first SIX races I already have 6 DNFs and 3 top 6 DNFs. Of course one of them was my teammate so that completely ruined any racing in Spain. Meanwhile in real F1, there have been 0 top 6 mechanical DNFs in the first 14 races of the season.

Zero.

If I am having a top 6 car DNF every other race then God knows what the season will look like at the end of the year. I imagine it will be entirely based on RNG and who gets the random mechanical failure.

All we need is an option to turn this off so I can actually have some racing. Maybe some of you just enjoy winning and not the actual racing, in which case you'd be better off playing Forza Horizon.

Here's a bunch of other people with the exact same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/cfjodt/is_there_any_way_to_reduce_ai_mechanical_failures/

I can get plenty more examples if you like.

m9W2Hx1[1].png

Edited by Versicarius