Hit or be hit? That is the question.

I’m still baffled that during duels you are rear ended, rammed off the track and receive a penalty while your opponent races off into 4th place while you are in 12th with no chance of catching up. Next race your SR has taken a hit because you are an unsafe driver! Can’t an algorithm be implemented which can differentiate between contact with the cars rear as opposed to the front? Nobody is going to reverse into you to get an advantage, so it seems like a simple line of code. Hit someone with your front.... your fault. Get hit by someone else’s front....their fault.

• Agree 1

actually I think it's even worse ... the AI is driving as if you weren't there and rear end you on the straights and in the corners and spin you around ... and opponents can race where ever they want and not get a slow down / engine penalty or anything else (and this whole 'bot' excuse is rubbish). It doesn't matter who crashes into you THEY should be penalised !!! 

• Agree 1

totally agree. it would also be nice to see a more advanced damage model so that if you start trying to punt bits out of the way it ruins your race. i’ve ended up t-boning a bit twice after my opponent twitched them sideways. I’ve also been taken out by a bot driving the wrong way down the track (presumably sebastien vettel) and the usual bots just not caring that you are there. make bots give us space if we have the racing line.

that said, this latest update does seem to be making me drive better. i just wis’h i could flag drivers who are complete T**ts in some way. may be a bookmark so if i get an opponent who drives to kill i ca take them out first?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainc said:

totally agree. it would also be nice to see a more advanced damage model so that if you start trying to punt bits out of the way it ruins your race. i’ve ended up t-boning a bit twice after my opponent twitched them sideways. I’ve also been taken out by a bot driving the wrong way down the track (presumably sebastien vettel) and the usual bots just not caring that you are there. make bots give us space if we have the racing line.

that said, this latest update does seem to be making me drive better. i just wis’h i could flag drivers who are complete T**ts in some way. may be a bookmark so if i get an opponent who drives to kill i ca take them out first?

Are you sure that that car driving wrong way was a “bot”? For e.g if on a grid start if you purposefully aim to push me off the track near start then I WILL u-turn and drive wrong way around track for fun and well IF I happen to wipe you out, then you started it.............LOL.....

positive - my opponent was driving away from me and not toward! i like your tactic though. i’ve been taken out by a few of ther “slam you into the wall” merchants. although the feeling of satisfaction when you push the other way and knock their wheel off is incomparable...