Sign in to follow this  

You've done it CODEMASTER - I'm leaving

I'm fed up with this ... I'm changing to the competition (REAL RACING 3) actually they shouldn't be 'competition' because it's not pretending to F1 ... it's just a racing game with FAIR racing and not a BS game that doesn't even want to follow the rules that he real racing series needs to follow.

the Update 8 changes nothing only makes it worse:

- I have only 80% of the car performance in grid & sprint duels AGAIN

- the tracks are messed up AGAIN ! (i.e. Sochi - first DRS zone starts at the detection point NOT the activation point)

- my setup doesn't perform the same way anymore as use to AGAIN ! - I can't take the corners at the same speed anymore and I worked soooo hard to get the performance parts which are not seem to just have been downgraded. 

- since update 8 I have experienced a lag in steering and throttle response compared to before ... and even my road car is more responsive ... this is a sport where split seconds count

- non of the actual issues have been addressed in the last three updates ... (i.e. the unfair disadvantage for players who actually want to play the real F1 and use the cockpit camera only to find themselves driving within the opponents car and have to guess the braking point and turning in point because it's all blurred)

THIS GAME IS A DISGRACE FOR FORMULA 1 FANS & CODEMASTER HAS LOST THE EDGE THEY HAD IN THE 2016 GAME - THIS IS JUST ONE OF THOSE DEMOLITION DERBYS WITH AN F1 PAINT!

If I want some F1 racing I will play the F1 2016 game.

good bye !!!

PS: I've been playing REAL RACING 3 and I'm having a lot of fun ... even on some of the F1 tracks 😉 ... and I can choose which parts to develop ... and whilst racing is hard IT IS FAIR ... 

I'm not connected in any form to real racing apart from wanting a racing game to be fun.

Edited by akajk88
  • Agree 2

I won't be far behind you. I've persisted since version 1 and would have thought the game would be so much better by now, but things that plagued it then are not only still a problem, in some cases they've gotten worse. There was no safety rating then and the band aid solution has done nothing and frequently punishes the victim of any incident. I can't get past the first corner in any grid start because I'm rear ended every time. That's assuming I make it to the first corner because my opponent beside me on the grid will always try and push me off track or into a wall. The basic function of the game is out of control. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Hmmm, i’m not sure i would call it “fair”. In RR Firstly nearly all of your race is against bots - you are either massively more powerful than the bots or you lose. Skill is not particularly required. Secondly unless they have done a massive amount of work,  races against real people are just as prone to idiots as the ones here.

Thirdly and most importantly for me, the game is a MASSIVE pay to win cash grab. You will never get the top cars or complete a series without a substantial gold coin investment. sure you can get quite a few cars with in game currency and play half to a third of each series, but if you are a completist forget it unless you are seriously minted.

5 hours ago, iainc said:

Hmmm, i’m not sure i would call it “fair”. In RR Firstly nearly all of your race is against bots - you are either massively more powerful than the bots or you lose. Skill is not particularly required. Secondly unless they have done a massive amount of work,  races against real people are just as prone to idiots as the ones here.

Thirdly and most importantly for me, the game is a MASSIVE pay to win cash grab. You will never get the top cars or complete a series without a substantial gold coin investment. sure you can get quite a few cars with in game currency and play half to a third of each series, but if you are a completist forget it unless you are seriously minted.

heya ... I see your points but my experience is actually the opposite (of course both will try to get your cash but both you can play without having to spent anything)

now to your points here is my experience:

1. 95% of the races I've played in F1MR (F1 mobil racing) were against bots and at least in RR (Real Racing 3) they don't try to run you off the road and when they go off they get penalised too. The skill is to get your lines and raking and acceleration right and you will have a chance to win in RR. (the only thing I don't like is that they don't let you join the race if you don't reach the minimum performance rating as you could in GTRacing2)

2. Idiots will always be there. Only in F1MR developed a system where the idiots can give you a penalty ... whilst in RR you can just race and the mistakes will be deducted from your bonus after the race. So you can drop a wheel just outside the racing line and get back on straight away (without getting stuck in super glue for seconds) and still win, or if a car touches you, you won't get an unfair engine cut, or if you get brake tested by the AI and touch them square at the rear you won't be catapulted into a 360, or  ... I could go on ... 

3. Actually RR doesn't try to get your cash not more than F1MR. Once you've worked hard enough to fill you R&D part with epic parts, all the common and rare parts are useless but that's what you get ... the only way make sure you get some of the epic and legendary parts is to buy packages with F1MR gold (CR) but you only know the you get a minimum of 1 legendary part and not which section of one of the 5 you will get and a box cost you 400 CR. Also to get more power you have to level up which means you have to buy up many boxes (20) and spend thousands of CR (80,000 assuming it will complete one level first which it doesn't) and you still don't know what you're going to get. Also you can't use the resource points to buy parts either which again is useless.

At least in RR every time I spent either gold (CR) or R$ (resource points) the car will improve. 

I prefer RR3 because I can work on what I choose to develop and don't have to play and play for thing I don't want just to eventual get the part I desire.

I'd love F1MR to allow me to race and spend the winnings on what parts I want to develop. Also introduce damage so if you keep running into people you ruin YOUR own car (as F1 mobile 2016). give people a CEAN RACE bonus and deduct penalties for going off track etc., apply common sense on corner cuts ie. cutting through the chicane = disqualification and running wide and joining before the  turn is already a penalty because you loos time to do so. allow people to choose if they want to see the ghost or not. And pair people on a reasonably equal car performance level.

unless F1 Mobile Racing is changing I have more fun in other games.

it makes me sad because I loved the 2016 game and F1 Mobile Racing had all the potential but then it all went wrong !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I played RR3 for years until they started introducing updates and half a dozen new cars every month. Before then I had every car and they were fully updated. I even had a 100% completion rate. Then suddenly the cost of upgrading hypercars became impossible. My math is not the most accurate but I figured that purchasing and upgrading (another) McLaren is close to $1,000. They do seem to issue multiple variants of the same vehicles for completists, for example Porsche GT 1, 2, 3, GT Versace edition.....

I sometimes pull up my cloud saved version of RR3 just to do a 10 lap race in LMP1 cars at Lemans. Starting at the rear with 20 cars to overtake is the closest thing to how I'd like this game to work.

• Like 1

just a quick update ... 

Playing Real Racing 3 instead of this makes me realise how bad F1 mobile racing has become (had a quick few races to see if anything had changed)... lets not compare cars or tracks or money you have to collect etc. it's simply about acceleration, braking and steering ... since update 8 of F1 mobile racing someone is grabbing my steering wheel and randomly pulling it into the opposite direction so that turning the steering wheel is 'a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get'

As for accelerator, there is a lack of reaction even though it shown on the screen it just doesn't start accelerating ... If this happen in F1 they would fire the engineer and start an investigation into sabotage.

also all the other issues are still here so I'm off again to RR3

• Thanks 1