Why can't I replace any part of my car WHENEVER I want?!?

Seriously, I get maybe not doing it mid event or something but even when my car is just in the garage? Seriously? Let me throw away money to squeeze out the final 1% of performance if I want to. Because if you don't, I end up in stupid situations like this... with brakes that are just as bad. I can't even run a daily at 100% because of this.

B6657012E37F711BB91BFD0373E520817FFD9A14

• Agree 4

Agree 100%. Just ran a couple stages in Career beating the ever living **** out of my R5 to destroy the engine. Even totalled the car and I still can't change the engine.lol. My Team is fully updated and it is still there with "no visible damage."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Seriously, I get maybe not doing it mid event or something but even when my car is just in the garage? Seriously? Let me throw away money to squeeze out the final 1% of performance if I want to. Because if you don't, I end up in stupid situations like this... with brakes that are just as bad. I can't even run a daily at 100% because of this.

Agreed. In a word - stupid. I suffer from the same issue...70% performance on a part I can’t replace...until what, I break it mid stage? Maybe it would not have broken if I could have replaced it to begin with! I have $6.5M to burn, let me change my parts FFS!

• Agree 1

but are you sure that having that little bar not filled up to the top actually affects performance?

3 hours ago, ianism said:

but are you sure that having that little bar not filled up to the top actually affects performance?

It does definitely affect performance. It's most noticeable with the springs.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ianism said:

I don't have empiracle data, but have been wondering for a while why my VW R5 speed has been suffering.  The engine has been similar to the original post for a while now.

*It would be irresponsible for Codemasters to allow that kind of frivolous waste, even in a virtual environment. Do you think Formula 1 restricted engine and gearbox changes to make it more exciting for fans? Do you think they introduced ERS because people asked for it? No, F1 and the FIA care deeply about our environment, and you should too.

I for one applaud Codemasters for taking a digital stance. This arbitrary software restriction in a low selling computer game may have an untold impact on our children's attitude to mother Earth, and our children's children, and our children's children's children.... so once again - BRAVO CODEMASTERS! WE SALUTE YOU.

*sarcasm follows

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Do you upgraded your staff? Diagnostic knowledge is max?

16 minutes ago, FlikenFlaken said:

Do you upgraded your staff? Diagnostic knowledge is max?

Yes, I have everything maxed out in game

It's not because of my team or sth. Game is just made this way. I've mentioned it long time ago actually, it makes me upset too. For example I couldn't fix my diff before event so had to do it mid-event... in the last weekly in germany. And it took ages to fix it.

I've always found this to be incredibly annoying, though I don't expect CM to do anything about it due to the current apathetic nature of the company.

6 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

*It would be irresponsible for Codemasters to allow that kind of frivolous waste, even in a virtual environment. Do you think Formula 1 restricted engine and gearbox changes to make it more exciting for fans? Do you think they introduced ERS because people asked for it? No, F1 and the FIA care deeply about our environment, and you should too.

I for one applaud Codemasters for taking a digital stance. This arbitrary software restriction in a low selling computer game may have an untold impact on our children's attitude to mother Earth, and our children's children, and our children's children's children.... so once again - BRAVO CODEMASTERS! WE SALUTE YOU.

*sarcasm follows

That's some good fine sarcasm you got there 😂

As for the OP post, yeah, that's something very annoying. Rally cars have their parts taken to regular inspections any given kilometers (it may vary from one car to another). Why can't we do that in a rally simulator? I don't know.

Edited by AyrtJ97