Jump to content

Why won't Codemasters let me Stand the Car up Like a Seal and Bounce a Ball on My Front Wheels??!?

Recommended Posts

I have the DX edition so I expect this feature for free/half price/less than $20. It's an outrage/scam/insult and if this feature isn't implemented it will be my last Codemasters game til the next Codemasters game¬†ūüė≤

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you set FOV to lowest setting then the ball bouncing option is enabled - I use it all the time, it's basically impossible to drive fast without it (IMO)

  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jake Cushing if you have game suggestions like this please can you put them in the suggestion box section of the forums, our team will then pass them on for review. Personally this is something I would like to see incorporated into the game so will pass it on for you. We could even potentially add dance moves for the cars.

Cheers.

 

 

 

 

ūüėĀ

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you add Finnish tango. Other dancing is just too arcade and not real rally.

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I've heard of this. Is this a joke?

I did finally splurge for the Stephen Hawking Co Driver DLC. Some of his calls are a little delayed, but I like it so far.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard Burns Rally has this and it was waaay more realistic! the fact that it's so old and that DR2 is LITERALLY the worst game ever in comparison proves that CM need to move people from marketing and art design into the teams that work on the seal-esque ball-bouncing physics because that's how game development works ,,,,,,,

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The initial post was funny, but some of the following posters are grasping at straws. (being passive aggressive and toxic)

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 10:08 PM, DaleRossi said:

I did finally splurge for the Stephen Hawking Co Driver DLC. Some of his calls are a little delayed, but I like it so far.

i would seriously buy this. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i no really understand your topic , explain me please ? you want more physic in dirt rally 2.0 ?  sorry i m french and sometimes i use google translate because my english is not very clean  

Edited by gk9147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gk9147 said:

i no really understand your topic , explain me please ? you want more physic in dirt rally 2.0 ?  sorry i m french and sometimes i use google translate because my english is not very clean  

c'est une blague. il demande que les autos fassent ça: 

headbounce.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ianism said:

c'est une blague. il demande que les autos fassent ça: 

headbounce.gif

a d accord merci pour la réponse mais je pense qu il n a pas tort car il y a des moments ou j ai des contact avec des parties de la route ( rocher et autres ...) ou sur un très gros saut avec des suspensions très souples  je n ai pas la sensations de rebond des suspensions  assez intense sur le volant  ,  si il y a un update pour ça ce serait super car ça permettrait  de chercher  un bon compromis avec les suspensions , la hauteur et le roulis , imaginez en allemagne sur le gros saut si la voiture est trop basse et avec un réglages trop dur ont fait de très gros  dégat sur le chassis   et si la voitures est trop haute et souple  elle aura des réactions de rebond mais on on casse pas le chassis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 11:20 PM, Tranzitive said:

An example of what he might actually sound like (in the WAV file)

Stephen Hawking Codriver.wav

LOL! I love it.. roll the car 43 times and have one tire left. "That stage was tough, but it Felt fast."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gk9147 said:

a d accord merci pour la réponse mais je pense qu il n a pas tort car il y a des moments ou j ai des contact avec des parties de la route ( rocher et autres ...) ou sur un très gros saut avec des suspensions très souples  je n ai pas la sensations de rebond des suspensions  assez intense sur le volant  ,  si il y a un update pour ça ce serait super car ça permettrait  de chercher  un bon compromis avec les suspensions , la hauteur et le roulis , imaginez en allemagne sur le gros saut si la voiture est trop basse et avec un réglages trop dur ont fait de très gros  dégat sur le chassis   et si la voitures est trop haute et souple  elle aura des réactions de rebond mais on on casse pas le chassis 

lol, non... tu n'as pas compris. il demande littéralement que les voitures peuvent faire rebondir des ballons sur leurs toits. c'était une blague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. The problem with this dumb, childish argument (aside from the fact that you're whining about what you perceive legitimate complaints to be, which is apparently whining. The irony.) is that it's like the game was called Dirt Rally and Some Dumb Seal Stuff 2.0. The ball physics genuinely need a lot of work, though you goofuses seem to be experts on how they should handle, and people pointing out that it seems like we'll have to wait for 3.0 to even get new seals or have them behave realistically have valid concerns. I'm glad you lot can just rip $60/80/100+ in half and then laugh at people who, for some strange reason, selfishly want the seal and ball to represent the real thing in some way. 

The fact that World Rally & Some Dumb Seal Stuff 8 is siphoning so many players away really says a lot about not only their commitment to the bare minimum level of realism, but the fact that the couple awesome people who work there that want to see the ability to adjust Tyre Friction and Ball Friction and have the FFB (Force Feedball) behave realistically is at odds with the dumb corporate structure and perceived attitude of "Who cares that we promised X or said we would be working on Y further, this is just the first step, the game is what it is unless we can make money off it. We can't/won't be bothered to address any of this. Maybe we'll fix it in the neeeeext one though ; D"

I friggin love Codemasters E> and will forever appreciate them making Dirt Rally 1. But the way 2.0 is turning out to be, and how easily it could BE AMAZING is way more frustrating than if they had just made a garbage game like WRC 1-7 or Dirt 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×