Sign in to follow this  

Skirmish ? NO thanks.

38 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

I really hope you can help us, the multiplayer with this feauture will be great.

I'm not sure if you understood, but "it's not my place to drop those suggestions in" seems to mean that he cannot help us.

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I'm not sure if you understood, but "it's not my place to drop those suggestions in" seems to mean that he cannot help us.

He can talk with someone of the grid develop team maybe ? Is a sign of interest on forum feedbaks, and is what i'm looking for, here on this thread.

At the end, as i said is a win win. A better online is a better game on sales.

25 minutes ago, Flowa23 said:

Same here. For an old Gridder since 2008, in game build text chat (not that crappy steam one) and spectating mode available when joining the MP lobby when the race already started, is a deal breaker. GAS was IMO a better game then original GRID, but its lack of those options, and long waiting times between races, was a nail in the coffin. 

We have actually asked for that since we found out that grid2 is lacking those. 

Agree !

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I don't work on GRID (I'm on DiRT) so I don't know if these things are in the pipeline and it's not my place to drop those suggestions in, but staff do read the forum and any feedback that is given in a clear, concise and respectful manner is taken on-board

This is what I've been explaining to some people. You can't expect your opinions to be considered if your thread starts out insulting or bashing the devs. There is a proper etiquette to these things. You tell them to use constructive criticism and they take it as if they can't critique at all. Text chat being implemented is a valid suggestion as well as spectator mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Omiley said:

This is what I've been explaining to some people. You can't expect your opinions to be considered if your thread starts out insulting or bashing the devs. There is a proper etiquette to these things. You tell them to use constructive criticism and they take it as if they can't critique at all. Text chat being implemented is a valid suggestion as well as spectator mode.

We get plenty of constructive and detailed feedback on the DiRT forums, and if you look at the patch notes many of those suggestions are implemented 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We get plenty of constructive and detailed feedback on the DiRT forums, and if you look at the patch notes many of those suggestions are implemented 🙂 

Constructive talking:

can you help us ? or we are lost just cause we are not on the dirt team ? 🙂

2 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Constructive talking:

can you help us ? or we are lost just cause we are not on the dirt team ? 🙂

Merely saying that constructive feedback helps wherever you are, not exclusive to DiRT or Codemasters games.

Think about the person on the other side of the conversation: If you were being told every day that "you suck, do this thing now", would that motivate you to take that feedback seriously? Probably not, whereas "here are some suggestions I have for the game(s), and why I think they'd be a good idea" would be more useful.

Here's a great piece of DiRT feedback, the kind that is easy to understand and non-combative in tone:

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. The point I jumped in here a few hours ago to make was that there's a certain tone that's known to work better when giving feedback or suggestions. Sticking to that and avoiding Fight Club is the way to go 😉 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Merely saying that constructive feedback helps wherever you are, not exclusive to DiRT or Codemasters games.

Think about the person on the other side of the conversation: If you were being told every day that "you suck, do this thing now", would that motivate you to take that feedback seriously? Probably not. 

Here's a great piece of DiRT feedback, the kind that is easy to understand and non-combative in tone:

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. The point I jumped in here a few hours ago to make was that there's a certain tone that's known to work better when giving feedback or suggestions. Sticking to that and avoiding Fight Club is the way to go 😉 

I am sorry you guys feal that way you guys dont deserve to be spoken to in a disrespectfull way wish the best for grid and evry1 working hard on grid ad codemasters💪 mutch♥️♥️♥️ for the People working hard on the return of my fav race game

Edited by ELITE-Team-Solo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Think about the person on the other side of the conversation: If you were being told every day that "you suck, do this thing now", would that motivate you to take that feedback seriously? Probably not, whereas "here are some suggestions I have for the game(s), and why I think they'd be a good idea" would be more useful.

You are a good politician.

Back on my request, can you personally bring this 2 features to grid developer team ? I ask you to help us.

If you are here to do moderation work only, after read how much we care to have a good multiplayer side, and then do nothing for us. This would be worse than our bad attitude and netiquette.

(and Fight Club is the way always. :classic_biggrin:)

p.s. i wonder why someone of dirt team is wake up here and nobody of grid team show life signs… 

Edited by FlashStealth
just grammar
  • Disagree 1

And that fast you have alienated yourself. You were lucky enough to get a response from a moderator and turn around insult the guy. The GRID team is busy working on the game, and as for commenting in the forums, I wouldn't either if I were them. Some of you have made it clear as day nothing they do will ever be sufficient enough. They fix one issue well heres another. And fight club is NEVER the way to resolve these kinds of issues. My hat goes off to developers, forum moderators etc. I don't see how you guys do it and hold on to your sanity, 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

14 minutes ago, Omiley said:

And that fast you have alienated yourself. You were lucky enough to get a response from a moderator and turn around insult the guy. The GRID team is busy working on the game, and as for commenting in the forums, I wouldn't either if I were them. Some of you have made it clear as day nothing they do will ever be sufficient enough. They fix one issue well heres another. And fight club is NEVER the way to resolve these kinds of issues. My hat goes off to developers, forum moderators etc. I don't see how you guys do it and hold on to your sanity, 

ahahah and who are you sir ? 

I'm ''lucky enough'' as if i were here to sell something. Cmon i'm trying to help and build a good online not here to act the fanboy part as you do.

They can do enough, it is called grid1 (and every sequel must evolve it, without cut anything). Did you know how they ended it ? the 3th party owner shutted down servers one day in 2011 and codies said nothing, not a word or a warn before to us paying customers. A fully alive online game community with hundreds of player actively playing online completely erased from night to day. Game was Young, 3yo. After that not a word, not a single word of apologies to us.

p.s. you smart guy… fight club is my avatar… 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Fully understand this and empathise completely.

Most of us "Whiners and haters" are nothing of the sort....

We've been diehard fans of Grid since 2008, most have been playing Codemasters games for longer than that, think the fist codemasters game I played was all the way back in 1987 Dizzy the ultimate cartoon adventure. And thats just the beginning...

The Macrae series ALL of them.

The Dirt series (Most of them)

Toca series (All of them)

Grid series (All of them)

Thanks to these and many MANY other titles Codemasters has a special place in ALL our hearts, Many of us took part in the Codemasters Survey regarding what we wanted from the next Grid game.

I was invited down to your HQ several years ago (along with a  handful of others) but, Sadly due to only having 2 weeks notice of the date I was unable to attend due to work constraints.

I WAS lucky enough that before GAS launched I was offered a key for the Press version of the game for helping out another forum member (Hey Miatakias :P) by sending him the core of a new PC (mobo, CPU & RAM) so He'd be able to play the game when it launched, when Nvidia published wonky drivers which killed his 550Ti he asked for help on these very forums, many of the great people here tried in vain to offer any assisance...

Some time Later Loore (Comunity manager at the time) this is the conversation we had.

Hi Loore,

Just thought you might wanna know, I'll be sending Miatakias one of my 6970's as soon as I get my sticky little mits on a new 290X over the coming weeks. Wanting it to be a surprise though so keep it under yer hat 🙂

That's awesome, very good of you

Well no-one I knew wanted or needed it and as he was having so much trouble with the Nvidia card he has I figured I'd send it before I get my new ones. 

Plus as he's been out of work for 5 years since the markets and banks crashed (and through no fault of his own), having been in that position myself for 3 years I figured what the hell, make a friend smile 🙂

So far he's gotten my old Asus crosshair IV extreme mobo plus Black edition AMD 1100T and 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM.

Yeah I COULD have sold it to cover some of the costs of my own upgrades but I've more than had the value of the £800 I spent on it plus the GFX card I just sent but I'd never get to hear how much of a difference it made to the buyer. Plus he really, REALLY needed to upgrade.

Sent it to him on Thursday so hopefully he'll be up and running next week 😄

As a result he's told me not to buy GAS as he will buy me a copy on steam, which was extremely good of him to offer (being persistently broke as he is atm), I was going to take the plunge when it arrives on steam anyway but I think he was feeling a bit guilty that I'd sent all those parts and not wanted anything in return.

(Plus it does give a certain sense of satisfaction when you pass the luck forwards doesn't it?)
Tell him not to buy your copy, I've got it covered 🙂 Consider it a reward for helping make the GRID community a better place.

BTW SRS13 was started BECAUSE of Grid 1 (look at the team logo for instance, hope you don't object lol), because it was such a monumental part of our lives, if we seem to be moaning and complaining all the time it's not MEANT to be viscious attacks (Text can be misinterpreted far more easily than a spoken word or a face to face conversation) It's sadly human nature that we think the worst when we see criticism of our work.

We complain because it seems there is 1 step forwards and 2 steps back, Please don't take it to heart, We're just disappointed at the direction codemasters has taken since Grid 1 servers were shutdown with no notice.
Grid 2 was a good game but the focus on arcade gameplay made it a drift to win farce (Just my opinion many loved the game), for me the greates loss in Grid 2 was the drifting turned from this sort of thing. A bunch of Hoonatics cutting sick...

To this.. time delayed starts. no tandem WHATSOEVER....

You almost nailed it with GAS but only a max of 2 cars on track and "Drift zones" that more or less ruined the fluidity of the discipline like this.

3 of us playing but one of us isolated from the others still with delayed starts.... pfff... Boring in the long run

SRS13 is a drift team as I said before we started BECAUSE of Grid 1 drifting and the cameraderie it not only fostered but promoted with the ability to text chat in game to appologise for mistakes. Massive scores promoted full course drifting, hell we even managed to get Okutama 7 lap races to exactly 99 drift so we didn't waste any of the mulitpliers..

For SRS13 members drift was where we spent probably 60-70% of our time in Grid 1, drifting with friends we made because of our passion for drifting and that Grid 1 got it spot on, Nothing has come close to this for drift fans...

I know this is off topic but I mention it to highlight the importance of the franchise to us "whiners and complainers". We moan because we've seen our favorite part of the game effectively destroyed year after year and now completely discarded along with Demolition Derby (Not my cup of tea but I did have many races in demo over the years)..

It seems We get given hope "Yes a new GRID is coming AT LAST!!!" and have seen those hopes dashed each time... We get upset because we care, We're vocal about it to try and change the attitude Codemasters has adopted of late, We rant, We criticise, We (some of us) unfairly slag you guys off, Why??

BECAUSE we DO care, Codemasters has a MASSIVE place in ALL our hearts or NONE of us would be here.... PLEASE never forget that, even with all the accusations and bad blood.

GAS is the closest you've gotten to the original game but the sudden abandonment of support despite the promised fix for the upgrades not working turned passionate admirers into equally passionate decryers...

As for the GFX we're seeing it's a disappointment that many facets of the game look out of date (trees distant objects utterly black shadows during the day misting of the background on clear sunny days) whilst others (cars tracks and colours despite the oversaturation issues) have improved dramatically. the issue is this. These disparities and mismatched effects rip you right out of the immersion we look for in games. Once you see it you can't avoid seeing it and being a tad disappointed...

Like I said We moan because We DO care despite the sometimes vitriolic assault. Whats even more saddening is when we get attacked for expressing our ire by those who do not understand or refuse to accept We can possibly have a reason for our criticism...

I WILL be buying the game regardless (mainly because I KNOW the effects Youtube has on video uploads thanks to their nerfing of anything more than 12Mb/s bitrate) but I'll walk away from it if it remains in it's current state of... lets call it "confusion". I really do hope the finished game looks better than what We've been exposed to so far... I hope in the future you bring drift and derby back home where they belong and back to the original versions, I'm saddened they were removed in the 1st place is all....

I hope this in some way helps to cut through the hurt caused by some commenters.....

Edited by Guest

Remember that posting PMs to forums is agaisnt the forum rules without both parties accepting it 🙂

• Agree 3

Yes! Loore! That was a moderator I mentioned in my posts! Thanks for reminding! Very cool guy, I hope everything is good with him. He was a living example how to work with audience unlike modern deaf and blind CMs.

16 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

You are a good politician.

Back on my request, can you personally bring this 2 features to grid developer team ? I ask you to help us.

If you are here to do moderation work only, after read how much we care to have a good multiplayer side, and then do nothing for us. This would be worse than our bad attitude and netiquette.

(and Fight Club is the way always. :classic_biggrin:)

p.s. i wonder why someone of dirt team is wake up here and nobody of grid team show life signs… 

Because the GRID team are flat-out delivering content for you guys to enjoy, organising all manner of things behind the scenes and communicating in plenty of other channels for you to join in the conversation 🙂

Should go without saying, but to reiterate: constructive, clear feedback from players is a massive part of what we do here, and is never ignored. We're literally creating video games for you, so why would we purposely ignore useful feedback and ideas? Seems a bit counter-productive 😉 

And as my colleague says, a lot of importance is placed on how respectful and constructive the feedback is. In our three latest releases (DR2.0, F1 2019, F1 Mobile Racing), there is so much content in there that was driven by community feedback, and GRID will be no different. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I highly doubt they replace those cardbox trees to release. I highly doubt they are going to replace them at all...

36 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Because the GRID team are flat-out delivering content for you guys to enjoy, organising all manner of things behind the scenes and communicating in plenty of other channels for you to join in the conversation 🙂

Should go without saying, but to reiterate: constructive, clear feedback from players is a massive part of what we do here, and is never ignored. We're literally creating video games for you, so why would we purposely ignore useful feedback and ideas? Seems a bit counter-productive 😉 

And as my colleague says, a lot of importance is placed on how respectful and constructive the feedback is. In our three latest releases (DR2.0, F1 2019, F1 Mobile Racing), there is so much content in there that was driven by community feedback, and GRID will be no different. 🙂

This is my feedback, the same of the last 8 year (since grid2 development) :

- text chat (exactly like the old grid1), lobbies and inside the racing (basically you can chat with others in every moment, even during a race, if car is totaled or if i want to stop and write on chat).

Ability to spectate others while in a Multiplayer Lobby and also text chat them while watching the race, spectator is okay with just only one outside cam and a selection to choose wich car spectate. 

This 2 features wire up people and make a multiplayer a real community. Is very important and on this is based longevity and an enjoyable experience online. 

Can you please bring this to developers ?

I understand vague answer, cause you don't know if will be possible or not. I assure you development of this 2 features are worthy and will improve online longevity. This mean constant sales rate… an alive game community active online justify the purchase of a game even after one or two years. If multiplayer is basically deserted, a single player only is much less attractive.

• Agree 2

True. Without chat this game will be dead in weeks with such graphics. You'd better listen to FlashStealth. This is literally helping straw in your case.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

- text chat (exactly like the old grid1), lobbies and inside the racing (basically you can chat with others in every moment, even during a race, if car is totaled or if i want to stop and write on chat).

Ability to spectate others while in a Multiplayer Lobby and also text chat them while watching the race, spectator is okay with just only one outside cam and a selection to choose wich car spectate. 

This 2 features wire up people and make a multiplayer a real community. Is very important and on this is based longevity and an enjoyable experience online. 

I understand vague answer, cause you don't know if will be possible or not. I assure you development of this 2 features are worthy and will improve online longevity. This mean constant sales rate… an alive game community active online justify the purchase of a game even after one or two years. If multiplayer is basically deserted, a single player only is much less attractive.

When there is not a response this i am afraid means : negative! ☹️

1 minute ago, Miatakias_GR said:

When there is not a response this i am afraid means : negative! ☹️

I think he might have read it, and might have passed it on to devs.

No need to bump the post again.

1 hour ago, FlashStealth said:

Cool. Your ideas have been noted and will be passed onto the team in our regular reports/round-ups. 🙂 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Cool. Your ideas have been noted and will be passed onto the team in our regular reports/round-ups. 🙂 

Nice ChrisGrovesMCM,  please try to explain them how important are these 2 features for us,  even more important than new cars /tracks,  all Grid 1 lovers  expect to be met again in Grid 2019,   it should not be that hard to be added these 2 features... I stably believe that if text chat and spectator mode come back the game will sell way more in a depth of time and keep more players online so potential buyers of future's extra content... And don't forget to say them how essential drift and demo derby is as well,  trees should have better quality also ... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 2