Sign in to follow this  

Skirmish ? NO thanks.

First:

hello flash, miat, rastus and flowa.

You guys already seen any others here from the good old days?   :classic_biggrin:

Still not decided if I will buy the game after for me the last disapointments from codies

So would like to know who from the old group decided to buy the game already, or are you waiting like me till after game release and heard the feedback from friends?

Second I really hope they add text chat like it was in the old grid and like flash descripes.

Cause ingame voice chats in any game is horrible and always turn off here by default.

I am not intrested to listning to little kids whining and as others descripes the chewing noices and other background noices but I would like to have the option to chat with others tho, which are not on my TS.

• Agree 1

Ssup Assie! I See You still around after all these years, hehe. I also havent desided yet about buying the game on Day one. Done it since dirt2 but i guess this time ill wait. 

Simplistic Text chat, fps games style, is what i need. 

And better spectating Mode of course. 

Cheers mate, lets hope Codies listen, this time.he

• Agree 1

Yep stil around. 

Not much on codies forums anymore but stil alive and kicking.  lol

Same as you as I see. 

Yeah besides dirt rally (haven't tried 2.0 yet) that was the last game I really enjoyed from codemasters.

That is what I am looking for aswel Flowa.

Yeah I hope so but I don't hold my breath for it, but I keep my fingers crossed.  🙂

See you on the track again soon m8 if it turns out worth to be buying.

2 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

First:

You guys already seen any others here from the good old days?   :classic_biggrin:

Still not decided if I will buy the game after for me the last disapointments from codies

So would like to know who from the old group decided to buy the game already, or are you waiting like me till after game release and heard the feedback from friends?

Second I really hope they add text chat like it was in the old grid and like flash descripes.

Cause ingame voice chats in any game is horrible and always turn off here by default.

I am not intrested to listning to little kids whining and as others descripes the chewing noices and other background noices but I would like to have the option to chat with others tho, which are not on my TS.

Hey, hello ! yeah i'm still around, very few playing games. I'm glad to see you here. 🙂

If the game will be solid on online side and we finally can text chat and spectate, i'll buy as soon as get 30-50% discount on steam. If the game lack of this important features i'll buy much later, probable at the first 85% discount… no preorder and no day1 for me. Well i never do preorder or day1 for any games. The only exception was Grid 2, i preordered it with the hope of a 100% nailed sequel of The Masterpiece Grid 1. I remember how ended it, a cold shower after 5min... :classic_biggrin:

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Flowa23 said:

Ssup Assie! I See You still around after all these years, hehe. I also havent desided yet about buying the game on Day one. Done it since dirt2 but i guess this time ill wait. 

Simplistic Text chat, fps games style, is what i need. 

And better spectating Mode of course. 

Cheers mate, lets hope Codies listen, this time.he

Hey Flowa (thought that was you but wasn't sure at 1st), Great to see you here too.

3 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

First:

Hey Assie, Just need McRoss, Cama, Evil, Wolf, Goonertez, DJ Miat and Cap to pop in an it'll be just like old times.. 🙂 

As for buying Grid Yeah think I'm gonna give it a bash, if the gfx are a problem (eg worse than GAS) I'll be a bit miffed but I hope not and We'll see what happens. Like I said in an earlier post all us old Gridders want a return to top form from the team. Hope you guys do too as that WILL be JUST like old times.... 😉

A demo would help but no go so far 😞

Gutted drift and demo are gone but if the racing is as much Fun as the original that'll be a start. though skirmish seems a version of derby to cure boredom in the lobby, I'd rather watch those on track personally, I remember many times shouting out in text chat whilst watching a race cheering people on or comiserating bad luck after joining a lobby. You got to see your competiton before you met them on track. Used it myself watching guys like Yourself, Cap, Flowa, Cama, McRoss, doing insane laptimes round Spa which helped My racing a hell of a lot then and ever since.

Spectate and text were also good for drift, A few SRS13 members (Zappac, Avail and myself) used to use both spectate and text to teach others how to drift and also improve. Got a few really good friends after one or two thought we might be cheating or asked "How the hell are you guys DOING that!?" So We'd just say "Sit out the next round and spectate, watch what We're doing ask Us anything you wanna know and one of Us will answer You, it might help you score more and have more fun drifting 🙂".

5 steps to the assists might be a good hint they'll be tunable to all tastes.. I'm hoping the assists are more like Grid 1, allowing arcade fun whilst off makes flooring a 700HP Viper off the start line spin you out 😕 it really promoted better driving "finesse" as with them all off you could actually go faster, brake later, accelerate sooner, learning lift and coast, manual shifting, going from controller to wheel... 

All the Friends We made, fun We had, and have had since... All because of Race Driver Grid the BAFTA award winning best SPORTS game of 2009 (Not just racing game but ALL sports games beating Fifa 09, Football Manager 2009, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Pure and even Wii Fit for the award). Just gotta give them the benefit of My doubts and show support for all the fun times over the decades......

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Hey, hello ! yeah i'm still around, very few playing games. I'm glad to see you here. 🙂

If the game will be solid on online side and we finally can text chat and spectate, i'll buy as soon as get 30-50% discount on steam. If the game lack of this important features i'll buy much later, probable at the first 85% discount… no preorder and no day1 for me. Well i never do preorder or day1 for any games. The only exception was Grid 2, i preordered it with the hope of a 100% nailed sequel of The Masterpiece Grid 1. I remember how ended it, a cold shower after 5min... :classic_biggrin:

They did nail it 100% for me ad the time with grid 2 loved playing that game online and finding the right car upgrades👌👌

1 hour ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

They did nail it 100% for me ad the time with grid 2 loved playing that game online and finding the right car upgrades👌👌

so so, i used to play inside the car… no way without cockpit view… 

22 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Yo flash good to see you again aswel m8. 

That might be the best idea to do.

Like I said I haven't decided yet, but maybe we catch each other on the track.  🙂

20 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Hey Flowa (thought that was you but wasn't sure at 1st), Great to see you here too.

Hey Assie, Just need McRoss, Cama, Evil, Wolf, Goonertez, DJ Miat and Cap to pop in an it'll be just like old times.. 🙂 

Hey rastus, 

Good to see you again aswel m8.

You stil playing FH4?

Havent been on myself for a while now as I am playing mostly wreckfest or a shooter game lately.

I know McRoss, Cama, Wolf and goonertez are intrested in the game, but not sure if they wil buy it.

Miat wil buy it he wrote to me but don't know about cap and DJ

20 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

🙂 

As for buying Grid Yeah think I'm gonna give it a bash, if the gfx are a problem (eg worse than GAS) I'll be a bit miffed but I hope not and We'll see what happens. Like I said in an earlier post all us old Gridders want a return to top form from the team. Hope you guys do too as that

A demo would help but no go so far 😞

Gutted drift and demo are gone but if the racing is as much Fun as the original that'll be a start. though skirmish seems a version of derby to cure boredom in the lobby, I'd rather watch those on track personally, I remember many times shouting out in text chat whilst watching a race cheering people on or comiserating bad luck after joining a lobby. You got to see your competiton before you met them on track. Used it myself watching guys like Yourself, Cap, Flowa, Cama, McRoss, doing insane laptimes round Spa which helped My racing a hell of a lot then and ever since.

Spectate and text were also good for drift, A few SRS13 members (Zappac, Avail and myself) used to use both spectate and text to teach others how to drift and also improve. Got a few really good friends after one or two thought we might be cheating or asked "How the hell are you guys DOING that!?" So We'd just say "Sit out the next round and spectate, watch what We're doing ask Us anything you wanna know and one of Us will answer You, it might help you score more and have more fun drifting 🙂".

5 steps to the assists might be a good hint they'll be tunable to all tastes.. I'm hoping the assists are more like Grid 1, allowing arcade fun whilst off makes flooring a 700HP Viper off the start line spin you out 😕 it really promoted better driving "finesse" as with them all off you could actually go faster, brake later, accelerate sooner, learning lift and coast, manual shifting, going from controller to wheel... 

All the Friends We made, fun We had, and have had since... All because of Race Driver Grid the BAFTA award winning best SPORTS game of 2009 (Not just racing game but ALL sports games beating Fifa 09, Football Manager 2009, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Pure and even Wii Fit for the award). Just gotta give them the benefit of My doubts and show support for all the fun times over the decades......

yeah what I read here on the forums here doesn't give a good feeling about the gfx indeed.

Also other things I read and video's I watch makes me doubt more and previous experiences with codies doesn't make it better.

But with this game I want to give them a chance for like you said, the friends I picked up then and stil have and the fun we had.

Wil never forget the close bumper to bumper races we had and specially not the fun we had with cops and robbers with the all cars on all tracks mod from ryder.

so for now I stick to my original plan and wait til after game release and wait for players reviews like yourself as it turns out.  :classic_biggrin:

And I agree i would rather spectate and relax a bit then skirmish aswel but maybe it turns out to be funny you never know, but I am affraid it is gonna be boring quick.

Think most of us learned from each other with spectating, I learned alot from watching you drift in grid.   :classic_biggrin:

I really hope for that times to return again but what do they say about that again?  lol

Catch you soon in fh4 maybe or do you have wreckfest aswel then we could do some races there  🙂

• Agree 1

skirmish can stay if there is an option to left skirmish room and start spectate in any moment. And text chat must be a constant in every online place… also inside skirmish, is Always a right place to chat.. basically without chat the game is muted, interaction is all inside text chat. Steam chat don't work at all on the purpose, is just a layer, is not part of the game.

The 3 classic text lines with fade out effect we Always had in grid1... just that.

• Agree 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Cool. Your ideas have been noted and will be passed onto the team in our regular reports/round-ups. 🙂 

Keep us updated please, and if you can push a lot for this on dev team... 

(I really hope they will listen ) 🙂🙂

• Agree 1

On 9/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, PJTierney said:

We get plenty of constructive and detailed feedback on the DiRT forums, and if you look at the patch notes many of those suggestions are implemented

Am I one wondering why you guys, from DiRT forum, answer all questions in GRID forum? Can we hear GRID developer for one time at least? Are there moderators in GRID forum at all? Or Codies care only about youtube streamers?

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

Am I one wondering why you guys, from DiRT forum, answer all questions in GRID forum? Can we hear GRID developer for one time at least? Are there moderators in GRID forum at all? Or Codies care only about youtube streamers?

Well the reason is simply that we were naughty and calling each other names 🙂 Maybe we should poke @ChrisGrovesMCM a bit that maybe he can get some developer or so to check out the forums.

Well without YouTube, GRID would be most likely doomed from the start. We all know what happened with ONRUSH. People like Jimmy are vital to get this game out to the current racing game players, and not the 2008 crowd.

37 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well without YouTube, GRID would be most likely doomed from the start

The Witcher was a niche game too. And we all know what happened when they demonstrated next level of graphics. The game was overhyped from the first trailer till release date.

Yes, later it was downgraded AF, but there was no gamer on the planet who never heard about it.

Codies could do the same trick. Instead they decided to surprise gamers from the opposite side xD

21 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I'm here, responding to as many of the polite and constructive comments that I can 🙂

As well as, ya know, the 1592925 other tasks on the docket to launch a video game 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I'm here, responding to as many of the polite and constructive comments that I can 🙂

As well as, ya know, the 1592925 other tasks on the docket to launch a video game 🙂

I have bought GAS 3 times - twice for PC and once for XBOX (only to find out multi in XBOX Live is dead), I also own GRID2 (we all know it was a waste of money) and the original Racedriver GRID, what I am trying to say is that I have spent/wasted some money on GRID series and instead of answering the simple question whether there will be text chat and spectate to give me the "polite question" policy is not very acceptable, having in mind all the bugs that you left in GAS after all the talks that you are listening to the community etc.

Obviously they will not be available and obviously this time you will not have my money.

Enjoy your single player game!

Just now, Boyan said:

I have bought GAS 3 times - twice for PC and once for XBOX (only to find out multi in XBOX Live is dead), I also own GRID2 (we all know it was a waste of money) and the original Racedriver GRID, what I am trying to say is that I have spent/wasted some money on GRID series and instead of answering the simple question whether there will be text chat and spectate to give me the "polite question" policy is not very acceptable, having in mind all the bugs that you left in GAS after all the talks that you are listening to the community etc.

Obviously they will not be available and obviously this time you will not have my money.

Enjoy your single player game!

Yo! This has already been covered but to confirm: at this moment there's not a built-in text chat in multiplayer, and you can spectate during Quick Match and at the end of Private Match races. 🙂

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Yo! This has already been covered but to confirm: at this moment there's not a built-in text chat in multiplayer, and you can spectate during Quick Match and at the end of Private Match races. 🙂

WP & GG all I can say....

Who cares about the 240 different bot personalities in single player? All we wanted was a simple text chat...

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

at this moment there's not a built-in text chat in multiplayer

This is the one and only thing the whole community asks for..
Or would adding text chat cause the need for the game to be shut down after a few years like the first grid ? lol

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

1) Means that you can spectate in quick match when you join during the  race but in custom lobbies only when you have finished the race  like in GAS? Why this? 

2) Quick  Match is same as Playlist of Grid 2 and GAS? Is there option for hardcore Playlist at least like Grid 2? 

3) I miss nationality's flags of previous Grid games,  is there any case to be added later?

4) Please say to developers how important is for pc community text chat and spectator mode,  even these will be added post release...  

Dont forget Derby and Drift mode.. 👹😉:classic_laugh:

Edited by Miatakias_GR

1 hour ago, Sir.Smoke said:

This is the one and only thing the whole community asks for..

Not really the whole community, and not the most asked feature either. It's the old GRID peeps that are still around who are asking for this, while others focus on gameplay, graphics, DLC policy and so on. At least if social media and so on is to be believed.

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Not really the whole community, and not the most asked feature either. It's the old GRID peeps that are still around who are asking for this, while others focus on gameplay, graphics, DLC policy and so on. At least if social media and so on is to be believed.

New Grid without old Grid peeps will die soon and yes it is the most asked feature since Grid 2 announcement! 🤐

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

don't understimate old grid peeps… if the game deserve we are ready to buy… and we are thousands (literally! i kept a text file with over 2000 active old gridders, nick-tag and names ). Old customers are the more precious…  is the memory of a brand.  

last time i tried to ask for the same identical features was 8years ago, in the middle of grid2 development… ended the same way. Sad.

• Agree 1