Sign in to follow this  

Skirmish ? NO thanks.

8 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Yo! This has already been covered but to confirm: at this moment there's not a built-in text chat in multiplayer, and you can spectate during Quick Match and at the end of Private Match races. 🙂

''at this moment'' 2 week before launch… 

Too bad… 

11 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

''at this moment'' 2 week before launch… 

Too bad… 

What do you mean "Too Bad"? Do you mean the game will fail at launch?

Just now, CordedQuill42 said:

What do you mean "Too Bad"? Do you mean the game will fail at launch?

Too bad cause is likely probable the game will be without text chat and spectator from lobby… and since we asked that a month before the launch, is just a chance wasted...

1 hour ago, FlashStealth said:

Too bad cause is likely probable the game will be without text chat and spectator from lobby… and since we asked that a month before the launch, is just a chance wasted...

Actually we have asked for chat and spectator mode since new Grid was announced on May and we were asking it for Grid 2 / GAS but none listened to us... 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Actually we have asked for chat and spectator mode since new Grid was announced on May and we were asking it for Grid 2 / GAS but none listened to us... 

Most likely people did hear you, but even if we get heard, it doesn't mean it will happen. Codies games that use the current online P2P system have never had text chat in them as far as I know, so it'd be something completely new and because of that it'll be time consuming.

Spectator mode is in the game during quick matches if I understood correctly, and that is because most if not all Codemasters' games that use the current online system support it.

47 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Most likely people did hear you, but even if we get heard, it doesn't mean it will happen. Codies games that use the current online P2P system have never had text chat in them as far as I know, so it'd be something completely new and because of that it'll be time consuming.

Spectator mode is in the game during quick matches if I understood correctly, and that is because most if not all Codemasters' games that use the current online system support it.

Yes i know but it should not be that hard to be added text chat, Toca 3 of 2006 had both lobby and race chat and you could even chat when you were spectator mode,  13 years later technology should be upgraded not downgraded... Last Game with text chat was Dirt showdown of 2012  i think which was too bad for me... In Grid 2,  GAS ,  DIRT 4 there was not spectator mode when you join in lobby but only at the end of the  race.... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Yes i know but it should not be that hard to be added text chat, Toca 3 of 2006 had both lobby and race chat and you could even chat when you were spectator mode,  13 years later technology should be upgraded not downgraded... Last Game with text chat was Dirt showdown of 2012  i think which was too bad for me... In Grid 2,  GAS ,  DIRT 4 there was not spectator mode when you join in lobby but only at the end of the  race.... 

May not be "hard", but still something that they don't see as worth their time, considering the system would have to be built from the ground up. All Birmingham's F1 titles for example support spectating a lobby during a race, and these days those games also include 2 spectator only spots, so that you can have 20 drivers and 2 spectators instead of 18 and 2.

And before someone thinks that I'm arguing against the text chat, I'm really not. I usually just analyze and then state what I think will happen 😕 

23 hours ago, UP100 said:

May not be "hard", but still something that they don't see as worth their time, considering the system would have to be built from the ground up. All Birmingham's F1 titles for example support spectating a lobby during a race, and these days those games also include 2 spectator only spots, so that you can have 20 drivers and 2 spectators instead of 18 and 2.

And before someone thinks that I'm arguing against the text chat, I'm really not. I usually just analyze and then state what I think will happen 😕 

Here is the point. And you know why they don't see this things ? I think there is not even one developer into grid2019 team who was used to play grid1.

The lack of text chat and spectator mode from lobby will lead to a fast desertion of multiplayer, as already happen to grid2 and gas. Instead Grid1 was counting of hundreds players everyday at every hour… after 3years from launch…

if is not worth a fully populated multiplayer into a racing game i don't know what else will be… this way a game is 6months of sales… after that is just a single player game.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

The lack of text chat and spectator mode from lobby will lead to a fast desertion of multiplayer, as already happen to grid2 and gas. Instead Grid1 was counting of hundreds players everyday at every hour… after 3years from launch…

Well assuming people use the Steam version of Race Driver: GRID, then Autosport beats it by some foot. In July 2012, Race Driver: GRID had 88 players at one time (most likely peak). These days it's 50 daily peak, and 0-8 minimum. Autosport has 130 and 0 to 20 minimum. Autosport was also getting some 300 to 500 players peak after 3 years of its release.

Of course we can always say a game has a community. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising still has a community that plays multiplayer every now and then. Anyways all these games are quite clearly dead if we would compare them to almost anything.

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well assuming people use the Steam version of Race Driver: GRID, then Autosport beats it by some foot. In July 2012, Race Driver: GRID had 88 players at one time (most likely peak). These days it's 50 daily peak, and 0-8 minimum. Autosport has 130 and 0 to 20 minimum. Autosport was also getting some 300 to 500 players peak after 3 years of its release.

Of course we can always say a game has a community. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising still has a community that plays multiplayer every now and then. Anyways all these games are quite clearly dead if we would compare them to almost anything.

no man, grid1 only until half 2011 online. Cause of the multiplayer server shutdown. 

Steam stats are other stuff… join into autosport now and tell here how many people you find playing there … 

Grid1 was counting hundreds of people everyday… 

1 minute ago, FlashStealth said:

Steam stats are other stuff… join into autosport now and tell here how many people you find playing there … 

12 people lobby (at least) with peeps that shouldn't be playing as they should have school or work. 🙂

• Agree 2

On 9/24/2019 at 4:01 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Yo! This has already been covered but to confirm: at this moment there's not a built-in text chat in multiplayer, and you can spectate during Quick Match and at the end of Private Match races. 🙂

Can you ask to the dev team to add this 2 things with a patch later ??

On 9/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, UP100 said:

Well assuming people use the Steam version of Race Driver: GRID, then Autosport beats it by some foot. In July 2012, Race Driver: GRID had 88 players at one time (most likely peak). These days it's 50 daily peak, and 0-8 minimum. Autosport has 130 and 0 to 20 minimum. Autosport was also getting some 300 to 500 players peak after 3 years of its releas

This is laughable comparing Grid 1 player numbers from 2012 to GAS player numbers from the same time is ludicrous...

look again at steam charts at the titles on Steam from launch day, if you DO look you'll see a pattern. Player numbers for succesor games have continually dropped for almost all codies titles on launch day. If not they've tanked soon after.

Grid 2 had more players on launch day (over 6000 vs 3500) and still has more players than GAS Almost ALL the time not just for a 1 month period like you conveniently picked.

Dirt Rally 1 had less at launch than DR2 but DOES have more players than DR 2 can currently claim.

Hell even Dirt 3 (another game not initially available on Steam) which, until very recently was STILL beating Dirt 4 for player numbers.

These numbers speak for themselves the only times the newer games beat the older ones is during the free weekends or during the massive sale discounts.. On top of this the more current games player numbers tanked in SPECTACULAR fashion after launch e.g. Dirt rally still routinely had over 1000 players (even today) DR2 had more players at launch but by June the numbers had tanked to sub 1000 and have rarely gotten over the 1000 mark

Whats more the launchday numbers have fallen consistently over the years because Codies refused to listen to their core fans and pushed many of us away by removing great features (text chat in game Drift, Derby, Tracks, Cars in favour of gimmicks (Anyone else here remember Liveroutes in G2 and the random track generator in D4), Glitz (ooh look SHINY cars!) and razzamatazz instead of functionality, great content, ground breaking features later adopted by ALL racing games e.g. Flashbacks. 

The nemesis system isn't new but beefed up from the GAS AI and turned into a feature. Don't believe me? Here's a portion of the chat I had with Loore (Ben Walke community manager at the time) from when had early access to the GAS press release....

"[SRS13]Rastus  45

Replied: June 22, 2014

Hi Ben,

Been busy doing overtime but managed to squeeze in enough race time to get as far as the Grid Grand Slam completed. 79 races in total in career so far.

Had a look online and saw the racenet events running on a fast rotation of around 3 - 4 hours, Platinum is a challenge but not impossible which is good for player esteem when they get it.

Can't wait for Friday, when online multiplayer goes live, unless I'll be able to see those in the US on the 24th?

I'm liking the AI's responses as it's always pushing you, it also seems to respond in kind to, lets say, "over exuberant" contact to pass scenarios. Twice I think now I've had an AI driver I thumped return the favour the next time we met up in that race.

Sure felt like almost a targeted attack but could be my imagination/conscience getting the better of me 😄

I've been learning a bit about getting full size eyefinity vids to run at full screen for those with the same sort of setup, So hopefully any future vids will be at the actual res I'm getting no matter if its eyefinity or HD only.

As I'm getting around 77fps average with all except the Intel options at max settings I hope they'll show the best the game has to offer for the PC at 60fps as a minimum.

I'll do what I did last time and upload it as private and send you the link before I post it or any thoughts I have about getting further along in the game.

If you let me know when the embargoes lifted I'll put em out to public viewing

Hey 🙂

Sounds like you're having a good time with the game, awesome to hear 🙂

That's right, an AI driver will retaliate if you knock them around a bit! 

Look forward to watching your videos, and yes, you'll be able to play as soon as others get online, worth noting though that PC comes online from the 27th so you'll have a nice head start.

Top tip: RaceNet challenge is a good way to earn money while we're in a post-launch scenario..."

Many people hated the AI in GAS because it would fight fire with fire and also respect with respect. At least this time round it's common knowledge the AI will get payback..
Sadly the fact remains that Codies recent titles are played by less people than their predecessors. Why was this? I think it was because Codies (Upper management anyway) stopped listening to their fans and even the devs demanding faster turnaround from a limited dev team in favour of a fast buck instead of maintaining the high standards from yesteryear.

I sincerely hope this trend ends with the current itteration of Grid but I guess we don't have to wait long now so We'll find out soon enough.......

2 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

This is laughable comparing Grid 1 player numbers from 2012 to GAS player numbers from the same time is ludicrous...

I used the data I could. The data starts from 2012, so I took the 3 year peak of both games.

Grid 2 had more players on launch day (over 6000 vs 3500) and still has more players than GAS Almost ALL the time not just for a 1 month period like you conveniently picked.

Don't know what you're talking about. I also didn't do anything with GRID 2.

Dirt Rally 1 had less at launch than DR2 but DOES have more players than DR 2 can currently claim.

This is because DR1 is significantly cheaper in 2019 than DR2, but DR2 was launched on 3 platforms compared to DR's 1 platform in 2015. DR1 also did cost only 20-30euros or so compared to 60-80 euros with DR2.0.

Hell even Dirt 3 (another game not initially available on Steam) which, until very recently was STILL beating Dirt 4 for player numbers.

This is because the playerbase of DR1 doesn't want DiRT 4 and the playerbase of DiRT 3 is dead and would want a more casual DiRT 4. DiRT 3 was also available in Steam on launch. DiRT 3 was also given for free before it was delisted from Steam. DiRT 3 had 276 players on launch while DiRT 4 had some 4000. Even the complete edition doesn't seem to beat DiRT4's launch numbers.

I'm running out of time so I'll leave it at this, but please do not reply to me. I cannot be bothered to read this wall of text again.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UP100 said:

I used the data I could. The data starts from 2012, so I took the 3 year peak of both games.

So you used figures from 4 YEARS after Grid 1 launched and and after the ame servers had been shut down, take the peak numbers for each game and say it's a valid comparison? Yet you'll conveniently choose to ignore it when given relevent and accurate numbers that clearly establish a pattern of players steadily abandoning Codemasters titles???

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Don't know what you're talking about. I also didn't do anything with GRID 2.

Still you're MORE than happy to attack ANYTHING negative said those of us who HAVE played all these titles but can't be bothered to research the figures. I've established a pattern which CLEARLY shows Codies games at launch (not halfway through their life of 1 and then compare it to the launch figures of another) are getting just over HALF the figures of their previous titles yet you'll also spout meaningless figures for Grid 1 which wasn't even ON steam at launch.....?

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

This is because DR1 is significantly cheaper in 2019 than DR2, but DR2 was launched on 3 platforms compared to DR's 1 platform in 2015. DR1 also did cost only 20-30euros or so compared to 60-80 euros with DR2.0.

Ok so establishing that numbers are and have practically ALWAYS been less for a current game vs the older version are meaningless? Now you're just highlighting your apparent ignorance. As for the cost of games again this is relative but FYI DR was a TAD more than you claim at launch 20-30 Euros? Maybe it was cheaper for the early access as we were effecively beta testing the game for Codies and providing feedback to improve it, but on official launch it was closer to £45-50. Plus considering there had been little to no advancement and half the darn game sits behind a pay wall THIS is why so many didn't bother with it...

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

This is because the playerbase of DR1 doesn't want DiRT 4 and the playerbase of DiRT 3 is dead and would want a more casual DiRT 4. DiRT 3 was also available in Steam on launch. DiRT 3 was also given for free before it was delisted from Steam. DiRT 3 had 276 players on launch while DiRT 4 had some 4000. Even the complete edition doesn't seem to beat DiRT4's launch numbers.

Again I was comapring D4 to it's DIRECT predecessor Dirt 3 NOT Dirt Rally the two are like chalk and cheese, DR is far more sim and was sold as such whilst D4 was and arcade game, I can't speak personally for D4 as I avoided it after I saw enough vids and had enough friends who DID buy it and were disappointed with it's cardboard cutout bushes, really bad implimentation of the route generator delivering the same corners repeatedly, little to no advancement in GFX other than water reflections (from what I heard anyway)...

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

I'm running out of time so I'll leave it at this, but please do not reply to me. I cannot be bothered to read this wall of text again.

Yet you'll quite happily slag off every comment made without any factual basis???? Maybe you should get your head out of the clouds and stop attacking EVERYONE who DOES KNOW? I checked the details before I posted rather than make baseless assumptions about games you've never played and figures you "Can't be bothered" to read any explanation or even research them for yourself...

Sorry but that's extremely narrow minded of you...

Aside from all of this bickering I HAVE bought GRID because I WANT to have the same faith I used to have in Codies (which you still have by the bucketload apparently) to produce a top tier triple A title but in MY history I've been let down too many times to implicitly trust this game will be any different.. Over the years the same issues continually have reared their head. 

Corrupted save files in both Grid 2 and GAS, also in the Dirt series. 

Shutting down the Grid 1 servers with no prior notice not even in the forums of the day until well after the fact 

Binning F1 online the game and refusing to refund any in game purchases left unused then porting a cutdown version over to iOS as F1 Challenge.

Promising a fix for the fact that upgrades in GAS do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the cars performance (We tested this and provided proof), then reneging on that promise and abandoning all future support for the game entirely..

The list goes on but these are the biggest ones that spring to mind and you wonder why we have so little faith?? I don't doubt the intent of the Devs they try their hardest and despite all the griping their efforts are generally appreciated but I HAVE to question the management policy towards customer service and game support....

Doubt you'll read it but I hope others will and it gets passed on to the devs and more importantly the management, this sort of stuff is why EA are getting a horrendous amount of hatred for their Lootboxes and denial that said boxes are a form of gambling pushed onto Kids. It's why Fallout 76 failed so spectacularly. Epic games poaching titles from Steam after customers have pre-ordered games. No wonder Steam have decided to refuse to sell games tied to Epic for a year in order to force player to install yet another bloatware game launcher that hogs resources... 

Codies at least have a sensible attitude to lootboxes it's a pity half of DR 2 is locked away behind a pay wall the way it has been.

These are the reasons we're complaining when we see videos that look as though they're on PS3 instead of on current hardware...

Edited by Guest

2011 Shutting down grid1 without any backup plan was absolutely mad ! The game was fully populated… 

i think they pretend to care about community and support, is not real. Cause i never seen a single feedback taken into development ! 

I think the process is that (for grid brand at least):

- cost reduction and very very budget development.

- small dev team.

- push everything on marketing and ads.

- cost and a ''template'' game production not allow space for develop any feedback from community.

- poor after sale support (why spend money after ? )

- expiration time of the game 1.5year.

- leave all and start the new template game, reiterate.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@[SRS13]Rastus As I said, I took the data I could, which started from 2012. The original point was also to show that GAS does have online players as well 🙂 I think you took this way too "angrily", and I hope you'll consider what someone has said to you previously.

Edited by UP100

8 minutes ago, UP100 said:

@[SRS13]Rastus As I said, I took the data I could, which started from 2012. The original point was also to show that GAS does have online players as well 🙂 I think you took this way too "angrily", and I hope you'll consider what someone has said to you previously.

… and there is no data online multiplayer, as i said grid1 online is closed since 2011. I just know grid2 and gas are very few populated… into grid 1 was hundreds of racers everyday. On evening i remember full lobby list.. was pretty alive and working. Multiplayer grid2 and gas is boredom cause the feature missing of the OP. 

Guys after 10min of lobby waiting i'm out !! There is no skirmish mode who can save us. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@UP100 I Dunno where you get the idea I'm angry, I just think it's very short sighted to use 2012 figures to compare a game that didn't actually launch on Steam and only arrived on Steam 3-4 years after launch and 1 year after the online servers were shut down completely...

I provided figures to back up my claims and actually researched them BEFORE posting here...

The fact remains unchanged previous codies games had more players on day 1, retained more players for far far longer and several STILL have more players than the current titles e.g D3 vs D4, Grid 2 vs GAS, Dirt Rally vs Dirt Rally 2 ALL show the same thing. players have been voting with their playtime if not with their wallets... see for yourself...

https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=dirt D3 topped out at 270 players over the last 24 hours D4 hit 232, DR1 hit 1557 DR2 only got 806

https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=grid Grid 2 430 peak in last 24 hours GAS 116 need I say more?

This is clearly observable if you took the time to look...

Dirt 3 was also a late arrival on Steam having been on GFWL for 2 years beforehand but it STILL beats D4 probably due to it being peer to peer rather than having dedicated servers.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

I Dunno where you get the idea I'm angry, I just think it's very short sighted to use 2012 figures to compare a game that didn't actually launch on Steam and only arrived on Steam 3-4 years after launch and 1 year after the online servers were shut down completely...

Maybe because you've reported me and posted things in full caps? I'd say many people could think you're annoyed at that point 🙂

As I said, I didn't have other data. Steamcharts only goes back to 2012. It was also to show that both games still have a tiny community, but both games are equally dead.

The fact remains unchanged previous codies games had more players on day 1, retained more players for far far longer and several STILL have more players than the current titles e.g D3 vs D4, Grid 2 vs GAS, Dirt Rally vs Dirt Rally 2 ALL show the same thing. players have been voting with their playtime if not with their wallets... see for yourself... 

https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=dirt D3 topped out at 270 players over the last 24 hours D4 hit 232, DR1 hit 1557 DR2 only got 806

https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=grid Grid 2 430 peak in last 24 hours GAS 116 need I say more?

This is clearly observable if you took the time to look...

Dirt 3 was also a late arrival on Steam having been on GFWL for 2 years beforehand but it STILL beats D4 probably due to it being peer to peer rather than having dedicated servers.

Here are the launch numbers for DiRT games ... F1 games also are on top of the UK rankings for the first week each year. These are the only ones I've been comparing and I've said little to nothing on peak players currently (except to show the sizes of the GRID1 and GAS communities) 🙂

image.png.68972f58d3f2197fdc1eb936f966003b.png

image.png.c3d3077f11c297b0aceca8c41d220885.png

image.png.ec9ab5c26c0725ee767dda7f46c8c381.png

image.png.c2a99e46e6fe72893f9e2da1f57b8e0b.png

Both games use a P2P networking system. GFWL was scrapped for Steamworks' matchmaking. DiRT 3 Complete Edition was also given away for free and these are the current prices for it in G2A for example

image.png.cffd1f3074d133ac8f3f5caa4b85f956.png

DiRT 4 players have also moved to DiRT Rally 1 or DiRT Rally 2.0 and 2.0 suffered from their always online DRM, explaining the sales 🙂 The old DiRT community is a tiny minority these days. No casuals would buy DiRT 4 either as the core fanbase really didn't want anyone to buy the game.

I'm not agaisnt your point or anything, but you were the one to quote me, so I analyzed and got back to you. Like what I always do.

E: DiRT Rally was also given out for free on Steam and Humble Bundle, breaking Steam for a while! 

E2: GRID2 was also given away for free some months ago! One more edit and this community is going to E3! 

Edited by UP100

54 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Maybe because you've reported me and posted things in full caps? I'd say many people could think you're annoyed at that point 🙂

The occaisional word in caps is for emphasis certainly is where I come from.

57 minutes ago, UP100 said:

launch numbers for DiRT games

Yes I saw them as well 6713 for Grid 2 and 3539 for GAS at launch,

Dirt Rally got 1997 on early access launch at the full launch in December it was 2651, DR2 had 3135 (a victory sure enough) on launch DR2 then dropped to around 100 players in under 2 months another 2 moths is was below 1000 and hasn't risen aboe that since, yet DR toof 4 months to drop below 100 but recovered and still has more players right now than DR2.

D3 was given away as GFWL was being shut down soon after July 2014 and GFWL was generally hated for the issues it had (a major reason it was shut down) D3 came to Steam in April 2015 4 years after it launched with 1905 players at the new launch date can't find GFWL player figures but again you're comparing a late arriver to steam against an fresh release on steam only. I've not taken the sales spikes into consideration specifically as this would seriously skew any results but the numbers rapidly fell back ot pre sale levels within a month so the figures are still valid as we're talking about retention of players after such a long period.

In all cases my argument remains valid and the figures speak for themselves..

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

D3 was given away as GFWL was being shut down soon after July 2014 and GFWL was generally hated for the issues it had (a major reason it was shut down) D3 came to Steam in April 2015 4 years after it launched with 1905 players at the new launch date can't find GFWL player figures

DiRT 3 Complete Edition was given away due to licensing expiration in 2016, not DiRT 3. Even though we don't have the launch ones, the peak players were around 200.

Well basically what we have figured out is that DiRT 3 Complete, DiRT Rally and GRID 2 have been given away for free, and that GAS didn't sell well due to it being sold less than a year from a mediocre sequel to a game 😛 

Just a note as people don't for some reason know this and keep giving older games a bad rating because of this: GFWL Marketplace has shut down, but GFWL servers are running through Xbox Live and multiplayer still works on those games 🙂 

Edited by UP100

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, UP100 said:

DiRT 3 Complete Edition was given away due to licensing expiration in 2016, not DiRT 3. Even though we don't have the launch ones, the peak players were around 200.

1905 NOT 200 and the complete ed was given away as Codies moved it to Steam on PC.

"

After a huge amount of time, Dirt 3, the classic racing game made by Codemasters back in 2011, has gotten rid of the clunky Games for Windows Live mechanic, replacing it with Steamworks. All existing owners of the game will be automatically upgraded to the Dirt 3 Complete Edition on Steam, which includes all of the DLC packs.

Dirt 3 launched initially in 2011 across the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 platforms. Even if it was clear at that time that Microsoft's Games for Windows service does more harm than good to players, developer Codemasters still used it in the title on PC.

However, seeing as how more and more GfWL titles are removing the service in order to replace it with Valve's Steamworks, Codemasters pledged back in 2013 to do the same.

Dirt 3 has finally gotten rid of GfWL

Fast forward to 2015 and the task has finally been achieved, as Codemasters confirms on the official Steam page that Dirt 3 is finally a Steamworks title.

This means that all existing Steam users who got the GfWL version of the racing game should find a new title in their library, in the form of the Dirt 3 Complete Edition, which has been added free of charge to their accounts. This new version of the game includes the initial experience, all of its DLC packs, not to mention Steam trading cards and achievements.

Those who still have unused CD keys for the GfWL version of Dirt 3 can now use them on Steam to get the Complete Edition for PC as well as for the Mac platform, as the game's been ported by partner studio Feral Interactive.

Unfortunately, due to the technical differences, save game files with progress and achievements can't be imported into the new version of Dirt 3, so players will have to start from the beginning. The GfWL edition of Dirt 3 is still playable, at least for now."

Softpedia news article not one word on your "due to licensing expiration in 2016,"......

In general GFWL was hated by the majority of PC gamers due to exessive pricing poor interface and clunky operation. In Fact D3 was the only game I ever got via GFWL and I never considered buying another game there precisely for these reasons...

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

1905 NOT 200 and the complete ed was given away as Codies moved it to Steam on PC.

I was referring to the oldest player data steamcharts has of it. Not the all time peak. The game was also on Steam already, it just didn't use the Steamworks stuff that come with Steam.

40 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Softpedia news article not one word on your "due to licensing expiration in 2016,"......

In general GFWL was hated by the majority of PC gamers due to exessive pricing poor interface and clunky operation. In Fact D3 was the only game I ever got via GFWL and I never considered buying another game there precisely for these reasons...

Softpedia article was from 2015, and the free version for all was in December 2016.

GFWL required no payment for most of its lifespan, but it was a great way to have an online game back in when it was in use. Games like GTA4, F1 2010, F1 2011 and Operation Flashpoint: Red River can still be played through the service and you'll normally gain experience points to your xbox GamerTag as well 🙂 Most people never bought anything from there, but Steam games used GFWL as there is a difference between GFWL Marketplace and the software that runs in-game.

GFWL is bundled with Win10 PCs for compatibility reasons I believe (or was as the old Xbox app seems to be gone).

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I was referring to the oldest player data steamcharts has of it. Not the all time peak. The game was also on Steam already, it just didn't use the Steamworks stuff that come with Steam.

Nope thats the launch numbers from DAY 1 on steam 1905 in April 2014 and launch day IS the oldest player data and steamworks wasn't even in the discussion and isn't relevenet to player numbers.....

Softpedia article was from 2015, and the free version for all was in December 2016.

Again Nope steamcharts quite clearly shows April 2015 Even Codies blog lists April with full steamworks support read it for yourself...http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/dirt-3-now-available-with-steamworks-support/

GFWL required no payment for most of its lifespan, but it was a great way to have an online game back in when it was in use. Games like GTA4, F1 2010, F1 2011 and Operation Flashpoint: Red River can still be played through the service and you'll normally gain experience points to your xbox GamerTag as well 🙂 Most people never bought anything from there, but Steam games used GFWL as there is a difference between GFWL Marketplace and the software that runs in-game.

GFWL is bundled with Win10 PCs for compatibility reasons I believe (or was as the old Xbox app seems to be gone).

I play on PC and GFWL ended in 2014 Yes it's still required for a handful of games from that era but on PC it's effectively been dead since you guessed it 2014 then superceeded by Xbox live on PC in 2015

Edited by Guest