Sign in to follow this  

Skirmish ? NO thanks.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Nope thats the launch numbers from DAY 1 on steam and launch day IS the oldest player data and steamworks wasn't even in the discussion and isn't relenet to player numbers.....

I was referring to the oldest numbers we can find of DiRT 3 in steam which are these. I mistyped the message a bit.

image.png.0ae67ba44458a7499f692057abc2ac89.png

Again Nope steamcharts quite clearly shows April 2015 Even Codies blog lists April with full steamworks support read it for yourself...http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/dirt-3-now-available-with-steamworks-support/

That's not free for everyone! DiRT 3 complete edition was given away in November* of 2016 for anyone that wanted it, you can read it here for example: 

I play on PC and GFWL ended in 2014 Yes it's still required for a handful of games from that era but on PC it's effectively been dead since you guessed it 2014 then superceeded by Xbox live on PC in 2015

Games for Windows Live Marketplace shut down in 2014, not Games for Windows Live. The client is still up and can be used to playing any GFWL game in multiplayer that only relies on GFWL.

E: DiRT3 was delisted in December/January, only a month from the giveaway due to (most likely) licensing reasons. Like with FUEL, OFRR, F1 2010 and F1 2013.

Edited by UP100

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, UP100 said:

That's not free for everyone! DiRT 3 complete edition was given away in November* of 2016 for anyone that wanted it, you can read it here for example: 

It was free if you'd already bought the game on GFWL

I was referring to the oldest numbers we can find of DiRT 3 in steam which are these. I mistyped the message a bit.

I wan't referring to Dirt 3 but complete ed which I'd bought on GFWL....

Again I wasn't referring to humble bundle at ANY time WHATSOEVER so NO again your numbers are irrelevent and meaningless as I and many others got it free in APRIL 2014

38 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

I play on PC and GFWL ended in 2014 Yes it's still required for a handful of games from that era but on PC it's effectively been dead since you guessed it 2014 then superceeded by Xbox live on PC in 2015

Games for Windows Live Marketplace shut down in 2014, not Games for Windows Live. The client is still up and can be used to playing any GFWL game in multiplayer that only relies on GFWL.

What part of my statement did you choose to ignore here "Yes it's still required for a handful of games from that era". I couldn't give a Monkeys Uncle about GFWL cause it's a DEAD PLATFORM since April 2014 are you trying to shut this thread down with irrelevent drivvel??? WHO CARES!!!!!!

E: DiRT3 was delisted in December/January, only a month from the giveaway due to (most likely) licensing reasons. Like with FUEL, OFRR, F1 2010 and F1 2013.

Whoopeee I now know something else I don't give a monkeys about! Stop already for GOD'S SAKE! are you intentionally trolling again here???? sure as hell seems like it to me!

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Thats just people who added D3 on steam whilst it was still on GFWL, myself included. Now kindly let it go or be reported for incessant SPAMMING AND TROLLING AGAIN!

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Thats just people who added D3 on steam whilst it was still on GFWL, myself included. Now kindly let it go or be reported for incessant SPAMMING AND TROLLING AGAIN!

Uhh, you started this conversation after I was done proving my point that both GRID games were as dead as each other to another forum user, you know? As I earlier said, if I get quoted, I usually read through it and see if there is something I'd like to correct.

That's people who bought the game through Steam or somehow got hold of a Steam Key that most likely GFWL didn't give to you, and that was my intention with that data. Here is the picture of the old store page from 2011 🙂 

image.thumb.png.6e290ad500ad465a7755436bf48d2211.png

I found that some parts of Steam were better in 2011 (like how some/many parts of f1.com were better in 2010)

Also please do read the message you got when you last time reported something I did, as you still haven't seen it (Last read: September 15th and newest message 25th). If you're going to report me again, you should do what one told you to do 🙂 

Edited by UP100
like to likely*

25 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Uhh, you started this conversation after I was done proving my point that both GRID games were as dead as each other to another forum user, you know? As I earlier said, if I get quoted, I usually read through it and see if there is something I'd like to correct.

No I pointed out that previous game were played by more players vs the recent titles don't try claiming any different. I supplied actual numbers clearly showing this, leave it please, you've been proven wrong and not just once, just live with it.

2 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

No I pointed out that previous game were played by more players vs the recent titles don't try claiming any different. I supplied actual numbers clearly showing this, leave it please, you've been proven wrong and not just once, just live with it.

Uhhhhhh...? You quoted me and I analyzed what you said to me, and got back to you? I'm not saying anything different. You started this conversation though?

I also don't see how you proved that Race Driver: GRID is significantly more populated than GRID: Autosport in 2019 which was what I was talking about originally as what can be seen here: image.png.5b7e73505a1e5e60ea72473ebc0442fd.png

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I also don't see how you proved that Race Driver: GRID is significantly more populated than GRID: Autosport in 2019 which was what I was talking about originally as what can be seen

Where did I say that????? I said Grid 2 had more players than GAS, not Grid 1 check before you troll people please.....

Just now, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Where did I say that????? I said Grid 2 had more players than GAS, not Grid 1 check before you troll people please.....

I wasn't talking about you, but a completely different forum member. You invited yourself into this conversation 😛 

Here is what I was replying to originally

image.png.c70a4aebf9cf24b8cc50b0f1d9ab4c0f.png

I quoted you and went on to provide analysis of player numbers of Codies proving the older game G2 was to this day being played by more players than the more recent GAS NOT Grid 1. I also added information pointing to the same thing with Dirt 3 vs 4, Dirt Rally vs Dirt Rally 2 that still stands and backs up Flashes statement about player numbers tanking. Not everyone wants to listen to people eating crisps, burping or tunelessly singing over an open Mic as we were forced to endure with the always on mic issue. THIS is where text chat came into its own as you could easily ignore it if you were racing you can't ignore some idiot screaming in your ear or deafening your neighbours.

Most of us used text to chat with friends without disturbing others It was a single button press and type. many of us used it in game and didn't have to pause to do so.

I used to use it in races on many occaisons e.g. to appologise instanly for causing a crash, it was less hassle than steam chat and didn't block your view of the track like steam does. Thats why text chat in game was so important to us at the time.. It also promoted more of a community spirit than steam chat as the whole lobby could see the messages (or ignore them as they saw fit) steam chat is 1 to 1 or takes time to set up and you still need to pause activate steam chat typre then exit. Grid 1 it was 1 assignable button type press enter and carry on racing.

Steam became a limiting factor and in game text chat being removed lessened that same community to isolated individuals and people on your friends list or took a long time to set up a group chat room which still blocked your view.

Not saying that was the cause of the falling player numbers but it didn't help 1 bit. having to listen to ignorant idiots began ruining the game for many, along with the constant faffing about removing this adding that trashing drift to the point of it being a total waste of time THAT did ruin the series particualrly for drift fans. Skirmish in the lobby is a slap in the face to derby fans, removal of drift entirely is a massive mistake Grid was the home of drifitng for many MANY players until Autopsort came but the lack of proper multiplayer drifting ruined that as well...

Thats why I was quoting player figures to point out Codies decisions have repeatedly alienated large sections of the series fanbase and they're continuing down this path and have repeatedly ignored what the fans have been asking for since they shut down the servers THATS why player numbers tanked Codies aksed our opinions then chose to ignore the data removing cockpit cam re adding it blurred out just made it worse.

Will it be different this time? I don't know but We'll see soon enough... especially if the graphics aren't significantly better than what we've seen so far but of course we know your fanboy opinion there attempting to close discussions because we need to be nicer to the devs? We the players pay for their wages for god's sake! We have EVERY right to address these issues and not be attacked or trolled for doing so.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

I quoted you and went on to provide analysis of player numbers of Codies proving the older game G2 was to this day being played by more players than the more recent GAS NOT Grid 1. I also added information pointing to the same thing with Dirt 3 vs 4, Dirt Rally vs Dirt Rally 2 that still stands and backs up Flashes statement about player numbers tanking. Not everyone wants to listen to people eating crisps, burping or tunelessly singing over an open Mic as we were forced to endure with the always on mic issue. THIS is where text chat came into its own as you could easily ignore it if you were racing you can't ignore some idiot screaming in your ear or deafening your neighbours.

Most of us used text to chat with friends without disturbing others It was a single button press and type. many of us used it in game and didn't have to pause to do so.

I used to use it in races on many occaisons e.g. to appologise instanly for causing a crash, it was less hassle than steam chat and didn't block your view of the track like steam does. Thats why text chat in game was so important to us at the time.. It also promoted more of a community spirit than steam chat as the whole lobby could see the messages (or ignore them as they saw fit) steam chat is 1 to 1 or takes time to set up and you still need to pause activate steam chat typre then exit. Grid 1 it was 1 assignable button type press enter and carry on racing.

Steam became a limiting factor and in game text chat being removed lessened that same community to isolated individuals and people on your friends list or took a long time to set up a group chat room which still blocked your view.

Not saying that was the cause of the falling player numbers but it didn't help 1 bit. having to listen to ignorant idiots began ruining the game for many, along with the constant faffing about removing this adding that trashing drift to the point of it being a total waste of time THAT did ruin the series particualrly for drift fans. Skirmish in the lobby is a slap in the face to derby fans, removal of drift entirely is a massive mistake Grid was the home of drifitng for many MANY players until Autopsort came but the lack of proper multiplayer drifting ruined that as well...

Thats why I was quoting player figures to point out Codies decisions have repeatedly alienated large sections of the series fanbase and they're continuing down this path and have repeatedly ignored what the fans have been asking for since they shut down the servers THATS why player numbers tanked Codies aksed our opinions then chose to ignore the data removing cockpit cam re adding it blurred out just made it worse.

Will it be different this time? I don't know but We'll see soon enough... especially if the graphics aren't significantly better than what we've seen so far but of course we know your fanboy opinion there attempting to close discussions because we need to be nicer to the devs? We the players pay for their wages for god's sake! We have EVERY right to address these issues and not be attacked or trolled for doing so.

This is the point of the thread. Thanks for this post. I would not be able to find better thoughts to say it.

I think will be not different this time, as the Community Manager said some pages back. And I'm still trying to understand the purpose of the grid section here. Devs never talk, community manager basically is just a moderator, since i never seen a feedback from us become real. And i feel also a bit trolled by Dirt community manager who came here to say ''on dirt section we take care of feedbacks''… LOL 

Skirmish is a joke for everyone who asked demolition derby into grid2019… and they turn it into a lobby waiting !! This happen cause i think developers are not grid players. I still have screenshot of old black forum, was 2009. How many devs was playing grid 10years ago ? To really understand mechanism behind is a must to be at least 100hours grid1 online player. GRID1 is the refer point for everything that pretend to be a sequel. 

And the grid2019 is -4 days and yet will be without built in text chat and the possibility to spectate the race from lobby joining. Who make a game like that mean only one thing, developers don't even play their own games after the work is done. Cause if i were a dev, i'll never lost time and patience inside an a multiplayer sloppy and comfortless.

Edited by FlashStealth
just grammar