Sign in to follow this  

Skirmish ? NO thanks.

Codies… community of people online is built on sight and hearing.

Sight is the feature to see players racing meanwhile racers are waiting into the lobby (aka spectator mode from lobby, from lobby!! not after game started).

Hearing is the feauture to text chat each other like grid1. (from lobby, inside spectator mode and into racing).

Without this 2 feature online interactions are basically ZERO. Without interactions there is no fun, no community. Online will last 3months, is a dead game before it start.

Skirmish… LOL you really don't know how do it !!! 

• Agree 1

You are definitely whiner number 1, if you dont like the game dont buy it and dont play but dont come here to whine everyday

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I'm doing it before they release it,

if there is a chance to have this 2 features. (and i'm not the only one asking). So we can have a good online experience… its a win win, or not ?

I'm owner of all grid series games... and i'm ''whining'' before this grid reboot is released, cause i really want to buy it.

Of course no way i'm going to pay 75eur to play online without this two basic features... skirmish ?? no Thanks.

p.s. i came here as much i want. Do you work on cm ? what bother you of people complaining ? Don't come here and reply if not please you...

i'm on forum before of 2014 (2010-2011 when was up and running the old black forum,) you joined here 35min ago just to reply my stupid thread... i think my points got somewhere hurts.

Of course you can come here as much as you want, but if you want features to be added your actitude againts codemasters is not the way to go, you talk like you would do everything better then them, i dont work at codies but you should ask for a job maybe. Contructive criticism is the way to go, not saying that they dont know how to do it and telling people it will be a huge disappointment if they preorder and saying the game is dead before start, we can judge that ourselfs. 

Edited by Mdbracing
  • Agree 1

all this will point to nothing.

And you are not bringing in any ideas.

And this your hold me from influencing people about preorder(not even mentioned here, is my post from other thread) tell me you work here… the only people who care about preorders are those who make money from it.

So instead make a new account to reply me (cause if you are a big shot on cm looks bad doing that), go tell to the team to add:

1- text chat (from inside lobby, spect mode, and race on).

2- Spectator mode from lobby, identical to grid1.

After that we can have a proper online. Skirmish… shut up !!! :classic_biggrin:

p.s. pay me as freelance for the advice if you want. :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, FlashStealth said:

p.s. pay me as freelance for the advice if you want:classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Keep dreaming, your advice is worth nothing. But dont worry will ignore you from now and will not reply to your post, thanks for creating such a toxic gaming comunity 

Edited by Mdbracing

42 minutes ago, Mdbracing said:

Keep dreaming, your advice is worth nothing. But dont worry will ignore you from now and will not reply to your post, thanks for creating such a toxic gaming comunity 

we will see how much worth the game with the number of weeks will be populated online… grid2 was deserted after 2months.

Now i see why you created a new account, instead to help me and persuade the team to add this 2 features you login incognito and fight on me.. well done. (and i'm the toxic guy lol).

And the fact you think i'm able to have some influence here on community don't make your point stronger, is just the community who have a point you avoid to receive. I'm nobody here.

Just don't blame me for toxic air on community, is not just me... we are asking cm literally for a decade to build a game with the online mechanism of grid1... and on facebook i read hundred of messages complaining about cm marketing policies… just check, don't make me post screens...

so ''thanks for creating such a toxic gaming comunity'' tell it to the right address… not here. 

p.s. preorder is a move of trust, i done preorder of grid2, years ago cause grid1 was the best fun i ever had into a racing game. Nowdays people are well aware af average quality drop down of cm games, so you will see preorders only by kids who don't know how a proper game is done… I play cm games way before grid, since colin mcrae2 era, almost 20year ago !! wake up and start listen the community instead build up pointless marketing stats and plans...

P. S. I dont work for codemasters or have anything to do with them. Incognito??? LOL😂

Edited by Mdbracing

2 minutes ago, Mdbracing said:

P. S. I dont work for codemasters or have anything to do with them. Incognito??? LOL😂

ok, if one of them may read the message is the same :classic_biggrin:

Well if everyone in GRID will be like you, I definitely don't want the game to have a text chat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well if everyone in GRID will be like you, I definitely don't want the game to have a text chat...

yeah i'm the dark man… well if everyone was like me you'll never win a race… so what we do ? ask to delete grid online ? lol

2 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

yeah i'm the dark man… well if everyone was like me you'll never win a race… so what we do ? ask to delete grid online ? lol

I think this was some kind of attempt at a comeback or something? You could've just said nothing as that makes little to no sense.

Anyways for everyone frustrated at other people and arguing about pointless things -> PMs or Ignore Users.
Ignore users page can be found from here: https://forums.codemasters.com/ignore/

Agree with Flashstealth text chat and spectator mode us needed for the mp to last as there is already demo derby in game (track,  car)  and also was a part of previous grid games (personally i love demo derby in grid games) why not to add it as normal mode?  And why cm keeps not listening to the community that is asking for many years text chat (it should not be that hard to make ,  even free to play or indie cheap games has it)  and spectator mode.. Even toca 3 13 years before had these  features,  what is the difficulty nowadays which tech is in higher levels to add such features in game,  we are not complaining for more important /serious /difficult things like the lack of content (see content of games like forza motorsport 7, project cars 2 ect) we can live with that poor content,  old graphics and  we just asking basic /easy things which have never delivered to us since grid 2...(including dirt series) And why demo derby and drift is not included? 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Agree with Flashstealth text chat and spectator mode us needed for the mp to last as there is already demo derby in game (track,  car)  and also was a part of previous grid games (personally i love demo derby in grid games) why not to add it as normal mode?  And why cm keeps not listening to the community that is asking for many years text chat (it should not be that hard to make ,  even free to play or indie cheap games has it)  and spectator mode.. Even toca 3 13 years before had these  features,  what is the difficulty nowadays which tech is in higher levels to add such features in game,  we are not complaining for more important /serious /difficult things like the lack of content (see content of games like forza motorsport 7, project cars 2 ect) we can live with that poor content,  old graphics and  we just asking minor /easy things which have never delivered to us since grid 2...(including dirt series) 

Thanks man, we and other old racers (gridders) know how is done a good online racer. Too bad people here keep focus on my finger… while i'm pointing to the moon...

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I think this was some kind of attempt at a comeback or something? You could've just said nothing as that makes little to no sense.

i cannot fix your lack of sharpness… 🙂 read more books… should help

Hey Flash, Hi Miat, I agree with Flash on this subject text chat in game was great in Grid 1 and a HELL of a lot less annoying/disgusting/offensive than listening to some inconsiderate numpty eating on an open mic like we were forced to endure in Grid 2 and GAS.

Spectate from the lobby was one of the great features of Grid 1 and has been sadly missed ever since, you got an idea of the players you were about to face, if they were clean/fair racers you could stick around even if they were waaaay more skilled than you were and be guaranteed a decent time in that session. Hell you could even learn better race techniques just by watching others play.

On the other hand find a session full of rammers and wreckers and you could leave denying them the chance to ruin your cars (really important in GAS), ruin your in game reputation, and as happened in GAS sow distrust by even imitating Steam profile names in order to ruin friendships.

These 2 features have been asked for EVER SINCE Grid 1.... 10 YEARS almost now. the Codies survey was ignored and we got Grid 2. People vioted with their playtime... This is why Codies older titles are played more than the current ones (check steamcharts some time if you don't believe Me).

Codies stopped listening and started making games to a budget cap instead of creating innovation......

I sincerly HOPE this has changed but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation..

Shame the ultra agressive fanboys are setting out to launch personal attacks on ANYONE anyone with a contrary opinion to themselves (as per usual and deeply saddening). Whilst providing absolutely NOTHING relevent to the discussion at hand... Such is life!

Hope to see you guys out on track the pair of you, hopefully it'll be like old times eh?

12 hours ago, UP100 said:
12 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Anyways for everyone frustrated at other people and arguing about pointless things -> PMs or Ignore Users.
Ignore users page can be found from here: https://forums.codemasters.com/ignore/

It's a shame you have to attack a person whose first language is not English yet you offer NOTHING WHATSOEVER to the discussion at hand. Get a life for God's sake!

I've know BOTH  Miat and Flash for YEARS and never known them to spout the kind of meaningless drivvel I'm seeing from both Mdbracing and UP100

Sensible people enter a discussion regardless of differing opinions, respect that people are entitled to THEIR opinions whether YOU agree or not, entering a thread JUST to attack an individual is offensive, objectionable and clicking "Ignore" because you disagree with a point of view is blinkered in the extreeme you'll miss out on half the conversation and NEVER learn ANYTHING!!! REPORTED!!!!!

Leave your attitude at the door or don't come in... Especially just to attack people with NO justification!

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

It's a shame you have to attack a person whose first language is not English yet you offer NOTHING WHATSOEVER to the discussion at hand. Get a life for God's sake!

What this argument is stupid? If I talk to a person that speaks English in here, you cannot complain to me that he is not native? I'm not native either!

1 hour ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Sensible people enter a discussion regardless of differing opinions, respect that people are entitled to THEIR opinions whether YOU agree or not, entering a thread JUST to attack an individual is offensive, objectionable and clicking "Ignore" because you disagree with a point of view is blinkered in the extreeme you'll miss out on half the conversation and NEVER learn ANYTHING!!! REPORTED!!!!!

If you do report someone, you don't have to send this kind of message. You're trying to keep this argument going for no reason and as I said before, if someone frustrates you -> PMs or Ignore Users. There is no reason 100 other users of this forums have to see this.

3 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Hey Flash, Hi Miat, I agree with Flash on this subject text chat in game was great in Grid 1 and a HELL of a lot less annoying/disgusting/offensive than listening to some inconsiderate numpty eating on an open mic like we were forced to endure in Grid 2 and GAS.

Spectate from the lobby was one of the great features of Grid 1 and has been sadly missed ever since, you got an idea of the players you were about to face, if they were clean/fair racers you could stick around even if they were waaaay more skilled than you were and be guaranteed a decent time in that session. Hell you could even learn better race techniques just by watching others play.

On the other hand find a session full of rammers and wreckers and you could leave denying them the chance to ruin your cars (really important in GAS), ruin your in game reputation, and as happened in GAS sow distrust by even imitating Steam profile names in order to ruin friendships.

These 2 features have been asked for EVER SINCE Grid 1.... 10 YEARS almost now. the Codies survey was ignored and we got Grid 2. People vioted with their playtime... This is why Codies older titles are played more than the current ones (check steamcharts some time if you don't believe Me).

Codies stopped listening and started making games to a budget cap instead of creating innovation......

I sincerly HOPE this has changed but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation..

Shame the ultra agressive fanboys are setting out to launch personal attacks on ANYONE anyone with a contrary opinion to themselves (as per usual and deeply saddening). Whilst providing absolutely NOTHING relevent to the discussion at hand... Such is life!

Hope to see you guys out on track the pair of you, hopefully it'll be like old times eh?

I agree with every word you say.

You know the sad fact? i saw many video preview of GRID 2019 and is pretty decent game, i like also the graphic (except trees lol).

The game can have missing content, like drift or demolition derby… is not life or death matter… instead the online interaction mechanism its a life or death matter for the gameplay. I definetely will not kill the time inside a pointless arena (skirmish)!! 

I'm pushing so much on this because there is a month before release, so we are talking about a 2 features easy to introduce, spectator mode is not even a content to build, is just an option to see whats happen inside an already started race… and well text chat is 2 lines of code. If they want, we can have this two points !!

I'll stop ''whining'' after game release… and surrender to this DEAF AND STUBBORN company CODEMASTERS !!! They really ignore how much important is on a racing game spectator mode (from lobby!) and text chat… 

17 hours ago, UP100 said:

What this argument is stupid? If I talk to a person that speaks English in here, you cannot complain to me that he is not native? I'm not native either!

Then why are you attacking people for their lack of understanding of English Garmmar????? Just to attack them of course!

17 hours ago, UP100 said:

If you do report someone, you don't have to send this kind of message. You're trying to keep this argument going for no reason and as I said before, if someone frustrates you -> PMs or Ignore Users. There is no reason 100 other users of this forums have to see this.

No I TRYING to get trolls such as yourself to follow the forum guidelines which you seem to disregard at every opportunity!

As for the ignore function? I don't use it because you MIGHT say something relevant to the discussion at hand instead of blatant attacks against people so PLEASE add something other than irrelevant drivvel and acusations of trolling.....

Also note I'm not trolling YOUR fanboy threads so why are you trolling ours????? Worried We're onto something or what???

As for skirmish? surely it would be LESS effort to add spectate from the lobby than create a mini game of content thats deliberately removed from the franchise???

I'm betting we'll see drift and demo derby as paid for DLC later down the line. If so last codies game I'm buying......

Bet that will make the trolls in here happy!!!

You all might want to chill out for a bit.

Less namecalling, and more constructive suggestions/feedback would be nice 🙂  

@FlashStealth, based on your original post you want the following, right?

• Text Chat in Multiplayer Lobbies
  • Ability to spectate others while in a Multiplayer Lobby.

I don't work on GRID (I'm on DiRT) so I don't know if these things are in the pipeline and it's not my place to drop those suggestions in, but staff do read the forum and any feedback that is given in a clear, concise and respectful manner is taken on-board 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't work on GRID (I'm on DiRT) so I don't know if these things are in the pipeline and it's not my place to drop those suggestions in, but staff do read the forum and any feedback that is given in a clear, concise and respectful manner is taken on-board 🙂 

Finally someone here 🙂

Yes,

- text chat (exactly like the old grid1), lobbies and inside the racing (basically you can chat with others in every moment, even during a race, if car is totaled or if i want to stop and write on chat).

Ability to spectate others while in a Multiplayer Lobby and also text chat them while watching the race, spectator is okay with just only one outside cam and a selection to choose wich car spectate. 

This 2 features wire up people and make a multiplayer a real community. Is very important and on this is based longevity and an enjoyable experience online. 

I really hope you can help us, the multiplayer with this feauture will be great.

Thanks !

48 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

🙂

Same here. For an old Gridder since 2008, in game build text chat (not that crappy steam one) and spectating mode available when joining the MP lobby when the race already started, is a deal breaker. GAS was IMO a better game then original GRID, but its lack of those options, and long waiting times between races, was a nail in the coffin. 

We have actually asked for that since we found out that grid2 is lacking those. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1