Jump to content

This is getting ridiculous.

Recommended Posts

Guys I'm curious.. Where does this game rank compared to all the previous games in terms of the state of the game upon release?

The last F1 game I played before this one was F1 2012. I don't remember it being too bad other than the usual latency issues etc. I remember car setups were broken cos the league I was in forced everyone to not use any higher springs than 6-6 or something for a while... I think I remember F1 2010 having some very annoying 'going slower than limiter' pit lane bug that never got fixed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I actually feel sorry for Faya. I mean, to come on here and have to post that 1.10 update, they must know what the reaction is going to be!

They haven’t even created a 1.10 discussion thread... for obvious reasons 😂

I’m baffled as to why they made a blog post about it. No idea why it was called a patch as opposed to an update since it’s just DLC’s. The fact people expect the F2 update this month has meant it has resulted in more disappointed and angry people than usual.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ptank20 said:

I’m baffled as to why they made a blog post about it. No idea why it was called a patch as opposed to an update since it’s just DLC’s. The fact people expect the F2 update this month has meant it has resulted in more disappointed and angry people than usual.

The month is not out, but yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NigelWeber said:

Guys I'm curious.. Where does this game rank compared to all the previous games in terms of the state of the game upon release?

The last F1 game I played before this one was F1 2012. I don't remember it being too bad other than the usual latency issues etc. I remember car setups were broken cos the league I was in forced everyone to not use any higher springs than 6-6 or something for a while... I think I remember F1 2010 having some very annoying 'going slower than limiter' pit lane bug that never got fixed?

 

To be honest, F1 2012 and F1 2013 were the best games of the series in terms of on track play. There wasn’t any major game breaker, our league seasons went without any online problems. But since we got to the „new“ consoles back than, it went chaotic especially on multiplayer. Safety Car is the same **** since 2017. It worked in F1 2016 but after that they destroyed it somehow and never fixed that. For the last three years we need in 80% of the league races to restart the Lobby because someone kicked out, someone can’t joint, someone could not set his setup, someone has no engine sound etc...week for week.

The most annoying thing is, when they are fixing things in one game and one year later the same bugs before the patches are again in the new game. I don’t know how something like this is possible. Best example is the 100% tyre wear in Qualifying for 50% races. It was there in 2017, Patched out, it was back in 2018 patched out again and in F1 2019 guess what? It was there again.

 

Edited by Jaketa
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

more and more developer changing their way and talk to the community, even EA does it. The time will come when CM realise this, maybe its too late then.

Totally agree, SMS were always on their forums when I visited, kunos do the same, rf2 and race room have their discord that they are on daily. And what do you get with codies?.......crickets

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NigelWeber said:

Guys I'm curious.. Where does this game rank compared to all the previous games in terms of the state of the game upon release?

The last F1 game I played before this one was F1 2012. I don't remember it being too bad other than the usual latency issues etc. I remember car setups were broken cos the league I was in forced everyone to not use any higher springs than 6-6 or something for a while... I think I remember F1 2010 having some very annoying 'going slower than limiter' pit lane bug that never got fixed?

 

had no issues with 2018, besides that bugs that ever existed. But it was a stable game. Now in my league there are ~10 disconnects in every race and its only luck if you can rejoin or not.

 

When i compare it to 2018 its a desaster at nearly every point.

Edited by KiLLu12258

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jaketa said:

To be honest, F1 2012 and F1 2013 were the best games of the series in terms of on track play. There wasn’t any major game breaker, our league seasons went without any online problems. But since we got to the „new“ consoles back than, it went chaotic especially on multiplayer. Safety Car is the same **** since 2017. It worked in F1 2016 but after that they destroyed it somehow and never fixed that. For the last three years we need in 80% of the league races to restart the Lobby because someone kicked out, someone can’t joint, someone could not set his setup, someone has no engine sound etc...week for week.

The most annoying thing is, when they are fixing things in one game and one year later the same bugs before the patches are again in the new game. I don’t know how something like this is possible. Best example is the 100% tyre wear in Qualifying for 50% races. It was there in 2017, Patched out, it was back in 2018 patched out again and in F1 2019 guess what? It was there again.

You do have a bit of a short memory or rose-tinted specs.

F1 2012 - handling model like Marmite. Broken weather. Wheel vs pad imbalance. Glitch setups (not as OP as F1 2011 but there nonetheless). 

F1 2013 - Glitch setups still working. Ghost cars / desync so bad that two screens in the same session had invisible, collidable cars. 

'13 was at least fixed at a very high level of interaction between community and devs, some months into the game's lifecycle. That does seem a very distant memory. But yeah, ended up best of the bunch. Unless you have it, you can't buy it any more, you will have to acquire it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bicarda said:

So while I of course get that you guys want to sell some more worthless cosmetics before throwing in the towel, the fact that no (0) of the countless issues with the game got fixed this patch, or there being not even a mention that you guys are even AWARE and INTENT ON FIXING any of the countless issues with the game, can be seen as just a very big insult to your customers and a very big '**** YOU' to anyone that once believed in codemasters as a company. 

Instead we got 'for future patches' 
 

  • Balanced AI pace in the wet
  • Ability to disable voting in Leagues
  • Fanatec DD1 wheel base not being recognised on PS 

     

That last one is arguably very bad, can't have one of the more expensive wheels not working on your game, 
But the fact that you think these are the main issues the game has that need to be fixed you guys are truelly in denial. 

Why is there no mention of all the countless stability issues? (we have to restart 4/5 of the lobbies before races even start) (rpm glitch still not fixed)
Why is there no mention of all the issues with racing in general (mainly penalties and inconsistent ghosting)

If you want to us to use the league system so much: why is there still no good way to add reserves to the league? NOONE wants ai. NOONE. 
And with the inability to really use league mode.. the fact that you removed championship mode (which was fine) in combination with the abysmal stability means we race a lot of races without tire-park ferme rules in place. 

I'm not even gonna start on how sad it is that the spectator/commentary side of things didn't get looked at for YEARS now even though that is the mode that would have gotten the greatest benefit from the new graphics.  (real drivers in an f1 car have the HUD turned of....)

@Faya

Can you please tell us these things: 

- Is there still a development team? or just people doing cosmetics now. 
- Is there any intention at all to fix most, if not all of the issues? (stability issues being, of course, the most important)
- Why is communication between developers and community so bad? Is it just you guys don't 'dare' tell us you're not gonna fix anything? 
- Are you working on f1 2020 already and if so, why? Will it be better? why?

- Is there really a belief at Codemasters that sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich will make all the problems go away? 
Why is there no sign that you KNOW about all the issues with the game. It would make people who lost faith with the game and you as a company maybe a bit inclined to give you time to fix it. 

As it stands now you just **** in our mouths by not even acknowledging the messy state the game is in but DO try to get even more money from our pockets with worthless stupid cosmetics. 
And granted, the cosmetics would be fine if there was actually a good game to play. But to only bother with cosmetics after you've made people pay 60 for such an unpolished, unfinished, just bad game with issues that have been with us since f1 2017 or even longer now..  It really really looks like this is a social experiment. "How far can we go and how little can we do while STILL having some f1 fans buy the game every year."

I hope you guys quickly realize how much potential you are wasting by not fixing your game,
or
I hope FOM quickly realizes how you are prostituting its licence and giving the sport a bad name in the process. 

Great post! hit the nail on the head... f1 18 was the last one I purchased, anyone familiar with codies F1 games could see that this years game would be another copy/paste mess. 2 years in the making hahahaa...

Its so sad to think what a Formula 1 game could be, done right! sooner codies drop the licence the better. A once great maker of racing games, seems to be hanging on by a thread churning out the same drivel in new shiny clothing each year.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do it like me:

 

1. Get the games 2nd hand. Boycott the direct transaction of money towards Codemasters. Regardless if there is the option of a full price purchase or even a sale, don't pay money 1st hand, never. 

 

2. Play the game, knowing that your hardearned money was not deposited at Codemasters disposal and that they could not get a revenue out of you.

 

3. Make sure to have the deceny to hold up your selfrespect and don't fall for fancy commercials or ads, bad companies do not deserve your money.

 

(Optional)

- Log into the official Forum and post topics about issues of the game.

- Rinse and repeat til the licence will be revoked for negative publicity.

- Hope to see a different gamestudio to take on the F1 licence as a rival to Codemasters.

- Create petitions towards FOM / Liberty Media, to show them the grievances and shortcomings of Codemasters' F1 franchise and how CM treats their customers.

- Turn info towards gaming media outlets if something big and disgusting happened:

stolen Ferrari 2002 model / lack of communication / the trend of abandoning full price AAA games mid season at a ghastly state of issues etc.

 

Whatever you do, don't buy F1 2020 1st hand, not even at a sale and if you desperately need the game, get it 2nd hand.

 

Codemasters won't listen to their community / fans / (paying) customers?

Well, get woke, go broke.

 

#VoteWithYourWallet

 

 

 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just surprised F1 itself wants to put up with this ****. 
It surely has to be one of the goals of FOM for handing them the licence in the first place? to improve the visibility of the sport and attract more fans?

Well if you don't make a good game you're not gonna attract people that weren't fans in the first place. 
If people don't play or stream it after a few months they might as well not bother. 

Or is it just easy buck for FOM too?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Do it like me:

 

1. Get the games 2nd hand.

 

2. Boycott the direct transaction of money towards Codemasters, meaning, regardless if there is the option of a full price purchase or even a sale, don't pay money 1st hand. Never, until they start to create quality content.

 

3. Play the game, knowing that your hardearned money was not deposited at Codemasters disposal and that they could not get a revenue out of you.

 

(Optional)

- Log into the official Forum and post topics about issues of the game.

- Rinse and repeat til the licence will be revoked for negative publicity.

- Hope to see a different gamestudio to take on the F1 licence as a rival to Codemasters.

- Create petitions towards FOM / Liberty Media, to show them the grievances and shortcomings of Codemasters' F1 franchise and how CM treats their customers.

- Turn info towards gaming media outlets if something big and disgusting happened:

stolen Ferrari 2002 model / lack of communication / the trend of abandoning full price AAA games mid season at a ghastly state of issues etc.

 

Whatever you do, don't buy F1 2020 1st hand, not even at a sale, get it 2nd hand.

 

Codemasters won't listen to their community / fans / (paying) customers?

Well, get woke, go broke.

 

#VoteWithYourWallet

 

 

 

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

I have myself done this since the 15 game.

Game companies will never change until at least 50% of customers do this. Hit them in sales, that is the only way to get them to listen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently we should be asking questions to @RedDevilKT and @hoo (doesn't work for some reason) now
So the questions of the First post are henceforth directed at them as well. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$$$$ for extra skins, all I could do was applaud the audacity. If they game was working at even 85% of its potential, then that may be ok. But, it isn't and this was just a huge slap in the face. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

more and more developer changing their way and talk to the community, even EA does it. The time will come when CM realise this, maybe its too late then.

Totally agree, SMS were always on their forums when I visited, kunos do the same, rf2 and race room have their discord that they are on daily. And what do you get with codies?.......crickets

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only play offline bit have to give it away until the game is fixed, it crashes in almost every race I do, no other Sims crash on me only this game. Pretty peed off to be honest now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet all you whiners will be right there again next year to buy the game all over again.  If you want to complain about something I would begin there.  Nothing will change until that changes. And hey, I get it, I'm right there along with you guys....but that's the reality. 😉

Edited by BadFlounder
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, BadFlounder said:

And yet all you whiners will be right there again next year to buy the game all over again.  If you want to complain about something I would begin there.  Nothing will change until that changes. And hey, I get it, I'm right there along with you guys....but that's the reality. 😉

I do indeed complain (not whine) about the state of the game, but I don't own 19. From its initial year in 2010 I bought the game, 15 was the last time codemasters benefited from my money, I buy a second hand version after all patches are released. 19 looks like it can be skipped entirely! Only when things improve will I consider codemasters getting my cash, and that is a consideration, not an absolute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Do it like me:

 

1. Get the games 2nd hand. Boycott the direct transaction of money towards Codemasters. Regardless if there is the option of a full price purchase or even a sale, don't pay money 1st hand, never. 

 

2. Play the game, knowing that your hardearned money was not deposited at Codemasters disposal and that they could not get a revenue out of you.

 

3. Make sure to have the deceny to hold up your selfrespect and don't fall for fancy commercials or ads, bad companies do not deserve your money.

 

(Optional)

- Log into the official Forum and post topics about issues of the game.

- Rinse and repeat til the licence will be revoked for negative publicity.

- Hope to see a different gamestudio to take on the F1 licence as a rival to Codemasters.

- Create petitions towards FOM / Liberty Media, to show them the grievances and shortcomings of Codemasters' F1 franchise and how CM treats their customers.

- Turn info towards gaming media outlets if something big and disgusting happened:

stolen Ferrari 2002 model / lack of communication / the trend of abandoning full price AAA games mid season at a ghastly state of issues etc.

 

Whatever you do, don't buy F1 2020 1st hand, not even at a sale and if you desperately need the game, get it 2nd hand.

 

Codemasters won't listen to their community / fans / (paying) customers?

Well, get woke, go broke.

 

#VoteWithYourWallet

 

 

 

Hey Storm I agree almost 100 %, I got the last 2 games 75% off on sale but won't be buying this one unless it's $4.99 and then only for an f2 championship. The pre-owned second hand argument vs buying 'new' is slightly more complicated economics wise. I know from selling used Nikon cameras for a career for 10 years. A quality product earns a reputation for a long high end performance shelf life and its resell value stays high. This actually still encourages people to buy the product new as they know if they sell it after a year or two they wont lose much money. A product with a bad reputation however puts people off buying it new as they know it's value will tank the moment they hand over their money for the new product. Similar to used car market for prestige cars. 

So my point here is that even buying the product used still puts money in the manufacturers pocket by creating a stable used market, holding the value up and creating confidence in the new buyer that they will be able to sell the product for at least half their money back after a month and maybe 1/4 back after several. A product that ONLY sells on drastic sale/bargain bin when new however has a very poor reputation and a worthless resell value. This puts many people off buying it on release in the first place as they lack confidence about owning a product with any retainable value. 

So many people insisting on only buying used can actually inflate a products value, and give the manufacturer 'prestige points' for future products. If noone touched a used product (unless it was a couple of bucks that is) and only purchased it new 75% off then the product image and its maker will suffer heavy losses with reputation and put people off ever buying new and looking daft. 

This is why I don't buy used games but instead only heavily on sale UNLESS it's a good game with a dev who I'm happy to support prestige wise if not actually directly financially. 

PS always enjoy reading your posts and respect your principles! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

PS always enjoy reading your posts and respect your principles!

Likewise mate. 🖖

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jaketa said:

To be honest, F1 2012 and F1 2013 were the best games of the series in terms of on track play. There wasn’t any major game breaker, our league seasons went without any online problems.

Sorry but I have to point out that there was a lot of criticism of the F1 2012 handling being "worse" than F1 2011's one, the SC would never be brought up for small incidents (which is why we have a mod to get SC out more often) and you could catch the car in whatever way by just pressing the brake pedal for example.

There was another reply already telling some more issues. The past isn't perfect, not even before Codies as this is how life goes. We don't need to accept bugs of course, but the past isn't better either.

Here is the fix for the SC in F1 2012: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/safety-car-fix.79/

Edited by UP100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  DON'T BUY F1 GAMES FROM CODEMASTERS.

2.  IF YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY FOLLOW #1, THEN NEVER PAY FULL PRICE.  WAIT FOR 3RD PARTY RETAILERS AND PAY $20-30 MAX.

3.  IF YOU DO BUY THE GAME AT HALF PRICE, DON'T BUY ANY OF THESE STUPID STORE ITEMS THAT GREEDY CODEMASTERS WANT YOU TO SINK MORE MONEY INTO.

 

This is how you teach these lazy companies a lesson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UP100 said:

Sorry but I have to point out that there was a lot of criticism of the F1 2012 handling being "worse" than F1 2011's one, the SC would never be brought up for small incidents (which is why we have a mod to get SC out more often) and you could catch the car in whatever way by just pressing the brake pedal for example.

There was another reply already telling some more issues. The past isn't perfect, not even before Codies as this is how life goes. We don't need to accept bugs of course, but the past isn't better either.

Here is the fix for the SC in F1 2012: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/safety-car-fix.79/

Says quite a lot when modders can fix issues codemasters can't.

Perhaps it is time I got myself a gaming PC and ditched the xbox...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BadFlounder said:

And yet all you whiners will be right there again next year to buy the game all over again.  If you want to complain about something I would begin there.  Nothing will change until that changes. And hey, I get it, I'm right there along with you guys....but that's the reality. 😉

I don't buy every year, have boycotted previous versions, but this year's sounded promising from the reviews so I purchased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, F1Aussie said:

I don't buy every year, have boycotted previous versions, but this year's sounded promising from the reviews so I purchased.

And boy did we get bamboozled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 5:24 AM, Bicarda said:

So while I of course get that you guys want to sell some more worthless cosmetics before throwing in the towel, the fact that no (0) of the countless issues with the game got fixed this patch, or there being not even a mention that you guys are even AWARE and INTENT ON FIXING any of the countless issues with the game, can be seen as just a very big insult to your customers and a very big '**** YOU' to anyone that once believed in codemasters as a company. 

Instead we got 'for future patches' 
 

  • Balanced AI pace in the wet
  • Ability to disable voting in Leagues
  • Fanatec DD1 wheel base not being recognised on PS 

     

That last one is arguably very bad, can't have one of the more expensive wheels not working on your game, 
But the fact that you think these are the main issues the game has that need to be fixed you guys are truelly in denial. 

Why is there no mention of all the countless stability issues? (we have to restart 4/5 of the lobbies before races even start) (rpm glitch still not fixed)
Why is there no mention of all the issues with racing in general (mainly penalties and inconsistent ghosting)

If you want to us to use the league system so much: why is there still no good way to add reserves to the league? NOONE wants ai. NOONE. 
And with the inability to really use league mode.. the fact that you removed championship mode (which was fine) in combination with the abysmal stability means we race a lot of races without tire-park ferme rules in place. 

I'm not even gonna start on how sad it is that the spectator/commentary side of things didn't get looked at for YEARS now even though that is the mode that would have gotten the greatest benefit from the new graphics.  (real drivers in an f1 car have the HUD turned of....)

@Faya

Can you please tell us these things: 

- Is there still a development team? or just people doing cosmetics now. 
- Is there any intention at all to fix most, if not all of the issues? (stability issues being, of course, the most important)
- Why is communication between developers and community so bad? Is it just you guys don't 'dare' tell us you're not gonna fix anything? 
- Are you working on f1 2020 already and if so, why? Will it be better? why?

- Is there really a belief at Codemasters that sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich will make all the problems go away? 
Why is there no sign that you KNOW about all the issues with the game. It would make people who lost faith with the game and you as a company maybe a bit inclined to give you time to fix it. 

As it stands now you just **** in our mouths by not even acknowledging the messy state the game is in but DO try to get even more money from our pockets with worthless stupid cosmetics. 
And granted, the cosmetics would be fine if there was actually a good game to play. But to only bother with cosmetics after you've made people pay 60 for such an unpolished, unfinished, just bad game with issues that have been with us since f1 2017 or even longer now..  It really really looks like this is a social experiment. "How far can we go and how little can we do while STILL having some f1 fans buy the game every year."

I hope you guys quickly realize how much potential you are wasting by not fixing your game,
or
I hope FOM quickly realizes how you are prostituting its licence and giving the sport a bad name in the process. 

@Faya is just a messenger. He or she or a group of ppl are probably laughing at ppl like us trying to leverage this platform for esports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×