Sign in to follow this  

Leaderboards

Hello there everybody, 

I am new here to the grid forums and had a question, i have seen on pics from the london grid event that there is a option for leaderboards. Is this similar as leaderboards in f1, fh4 or fm7(rivals)? Will there be leaderboards for every track, class and tier? 

Thanks

The leaderboards will probably be absolutely meaningless because somone will hack the game and begin posting bogus times.

If history tells me anything CM will do nothing to rectify even blatant cheat/glitch times, they never did for any previous game....

On a side note none of the racing games take action to remove such "Cheat times" from the leaderboards Forza included.... Why because they'd have to PAY someone to actually do the work and no self respecting "Company" (Read money grabbing gits) will bother to pay for this to happen.... sigh.....

This is why I don't follow leaderboards since the days of grid 1 as they are utterly meaningless without proper policing.......

Edited by Guest
trype writing again.... DOH!

I agree, within the 1st month of a new release the leaderboards are ok cause people haven't figured the glitches out yet. But history shows given enough time people will find them and blatantly use them. It's a nice part of the online world if policed correctly but as stated they rarely get it right. Either the algorithm is far too strict or not strict enough, and they're not going to pay staff to closely monitor it. How they approach E-Sports is going to be interesting.

Codies need to take Turn 10/ Playground Games approach cheaters get banned for 30 years from online play....

Use a cheat 30 yr ban. knowingly use a glitch e.g. the goliath team glitch, start a 50 lap team based race cross the line and one team quits instantly awarding MILLIONS to the opposing team, repeat to return the favour for the loosers, repeat ad nausium... 30 year ban from online play.

It's the ONLY way to stamp out cheating in online games but it needs to go further imo, ALL times set by cheats should be removed from the leaderboards or it's just a mockery of those who put in the effort to better themselves to progress instead of taking shortcuts... 

YOU'RE ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF!!!!!

Thanks for the answers, so lets hope CM can keap the leaderboards clean. It hasnt to be very dificult for them to remove cheated times. 

How does track limits work in grid?? It dirties your lap like in forza? They have mentioned e-sports so they will have to do something to keep it clean. 

Thanksss

There's a vid of the Fernando Alonso trial where the driver is warned for cutting a corner saying something about the stewards will look into it, so I'm guessing you don't get slowed down but there is a chance of penalties (Time added I would imagine) if you gained an advantage because of it.