Penalising a team your leaving

In season 1 with Williams. Major rule change for season 2 on aero and chassis which is where most upgrades done. May switch team at end of season. If I spend no resource on adapting upgrades, them leave, presumably that sets Williams back for season2?

now on a separate level, does that seem a bit naughty? In reality team would try to adapt regardless of driver moves, but the game puts you in control.....

The game is really really broke from the whole r&d and driver transfer perspective.

Shame, good ideas (thematically at least), really badly (carelessly?) implemented.

• Agree 1

Maybe I always try todo the best I can fo rwhatever team I drive for even if I'm planning on leaving them at the end of the season or whatever.

• Agree 1

I mean.. you could. But surely you'd want to make it as realistic as possible?

Much more fun when you play as the team rather than the driver when it comes to the R&D.

• Agree 1

It is kind of funny that the team is meant to develop but in the player's case it's the players resource points that lead to development and only the players.

• Agree 1

I really like the r&d it really enriches the game from static performance for an entire season. And putting this in the hands of the player adds to the whole experience in my opinion

34 minutes ago, Jamesf172 said:

I really like the r&d it really enriches the game from static performance for an entire season. And putting this in the hands of the player adds to the whole experience in my opinion

Agreed but it needs to work. If I remember correctly this is the 3rd time we have r+d, but it's still not working realistically.

How many attempts do codemasters need to get it right? Will they ever? Given the saftey car debacle, my sweepstake entry is on the latter!

Then there is the driver transfers, another career enriching idea, yet so badly implemented. A GCSE student could've probably done it better!

In what way not realistically? After all this is a game on a console. I think it represents this aspect (r&d car upgrades) fairly well under the circumstances

not a big fan of driver changes but seems to have been toned down as it was crazy at first

Edited by Jamesf172

In that it's not balanced, AI too fast now, too slow in previous games. Only engine manufacturers should be able to upgrade engines. Cars max out way before the 10 years and the regulation changes have little influence.

Edited by ChasteWand
typo

6 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Agreed but it needs to work. If I remember correctly this is the 3rd time we have r+d, but it's still not working realistically.

How many attempts do codemasters need to get it right? Will they ever? Given the saftey car debacle, my sweepstake entry is on the latter!

Then there is the driver transfers, another career enriching idea, yet so badly implemented. A GCSE student could've probably done it better!

4th actually the R&D was initially introduced in 2016 when career mode came back. Though the RPG tree version didn't get introduced until 2017.

Fair enough, my memory isn't the best!

Not very reassuring though is it, 4 attempts later and still not up to the task! Doesn't bode well for the driver transfer market...