Sign in to follow this  

world championship player numbers

fewer than 1500 players in rally and less than 1300 in rally cross.this is a very poor turnout where are the big numbers ?.this could go some way to explaining why codies are so focused on dlc after dlc instead of fixing the few bugs still in the game from day one,not to mention the ffb refinements we was promised way back before the ffb update was implemented ?did they shoot themselves in the foot my misleading deluxe owners, racenet not working as intended and messing up the ffb as well as all the other problems from launch,cough sound cut out.lack of communication pre pj.

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 8

lol dude it isn't even the weekend yet, and you're trying to pull numbers? None of the big names have even posted yet. Come back on Monday and talk to me about numbers then...

As other Mike said, there is a whole week in which to set the time, were only a few days into it so a very odd critique. Doesn't really 'explain' why Codies are putting out DLC though....

As for the bugs, since CM is not a giant company, compared to other AAA dev's, they have to focus resources on new projects (ie; GRID) so we have a smaller team dedicated to fixes.

with all the fan fair about world championship i would have expected more players straight out of the gate so to speak,but so far its a trickle instead of the stampede i expected.big names ? you make it sound that they count as multiple numbers.sorry for been a number cruncher and raining on anyone's parade.you think codies aren't taking a close look at numbers playing ?.whether its day one or seconds before the event ends the numbers are very important,even if numbers triple over weekend its still a small number of players for a racing game.which is why i commented on dlc been pumped out to secure funds to implement this championship and new updates.call it a revised business plan due to low numbers of players,had the game been the success we all hoped the numbers would be far higher and funds would not be an issue.listen i'm not knocking the game as i have been a diehard from launch and have all dlc,as for bugs that have been in the game from launch no matter how many people are working on the game should prioritise fixes over dlc as bugs are in base game.get the basics right first then add dlc but if player numbers are so low then revenue becomes the priority to fund such fixes.not to mention codies mantra of putting out games in beta form and charging us the paying public for the privilege then not listening to the community that are passionate about those same games.so as you can see there are lessons to be learnt here.

its a niche game and world championships is nicher still. thats actually pretty decent . not only that many people are casual players not esports people. so wont enter for that reason.

9 hours ago, Ambientmike said:

As other Mike said, there is a whole week in which to set the time, were only a few days into it so a very odd critique. Doesn't really 'explain' why Codies are putting out DLC though....

As for the bugs, since CM is not a giant company, compared to other AAA dev's, they have to focus resources on new projects (ie; GRID) so we have a smaller team dedicated to fixes.

as for codies not been a big company look at their gross so far this year £71.2 million

• Agree 1

Those who are serious about the tournament are probably practicing and will set a time just before the first round ends, so numbers will go up around the 15th/16th

• Like 1

yeah the top people wont put times in until the last minute. you dont want to show up too early as people will just practice till they can consistantly beat the top time then submit.

a ideal or more nail biting method would be to hide all the times. until the event is over. then show whos fastest.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Agree 4

sorry but practising goes against championship rules,do rally drivers practise stages before they race them i think not a recky run is all they get so this should be addressed.should be a cold run no practise for weeks on end as people who win are the ones that learned the stage best.

Edited by chrisjaf

15 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

do rally drivers practise stages before they race them i think not

Hahahah if you don't think every single professional racing team isn't utilizing some form of sim racing in their rec + race you're crazy. I promise you every single professional rally driver is doing tons of homework on their stages, and if it exists in any of these sim games they are running it beforehand just to get a general sense of the stage.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

sorry but practising goes against championship rules,do rally drivers practise stages before they race them i think not a recky run is all they get so this should be addressed.should be a cold run no practise for weeks on end as people who win are the ones that learned the stage best.

well its not your champ rules, im against practicing and cutting but here we are. Unfortunately Esports is NOT rally, never will be. As far as pracice goes, they kinda do, they do 2 recce passes and CONSTANTLY watch their onboards, yeah not the ssame but its not like they just go in with 1 recce and thats it....

29 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

as for codies not been a big company look at their gross so far this year £71.2 million

look closer at my comment, COMPARED to other AAA dev's bud. I never said thye werent a big company.

Edited by Ambientmike

Competitors drive to and from each stage on public roads, observing normal traffic regulations. Most rallies follow the same basic itinerary. This starts with two days of 'reconnaissance' where driver and co-driver practise the route, at limited speed, to make pace notes. as of wrc regs.limited speed not flat out

I can bold  things too, but it does not make this sentence any more/less valid.

Sure, your are right - according to WRC you have to do your recce at limited speeds. Cool. Guess where you don't need to drive the speed limit? Simulation Games. They use sim titles to practice routes if they are available, they watch tons of film on the routes they can find, hell I'd be surprised if some of the biggest teams didn't have someone doing rough modeling in RBR mods just to get the flow of the stage out there for the driver to practice.

Welcome to the modern age of racing, where computers are used just as much if not more than the actual vehicles to prepare for races. The pro's are practicing before stages, you'd be an idiot to not practice here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

location and stage should only be available when you entry lobby and if you quit to practise it should be a dnf,to shake things up a bit and to see who is actually fast straight of the bat cold.would be a little more appealing to non esports drivers.

teams do use sims but not sim games as they do not reflect the real world data that teams collect and they use custom built sims that uses the teams own data that does reflect real world data and are a lot more realistic than anything we have to play with.for instance the pivot points of the cars is as it is in the real world instead of in the center of the car as it is in dirt rally,there for using dirt to practise on would not be beneficial as car setup is off compared to real world.p.s sorry for bold copy and paste from wrc website.

Edited by chrisjaf

1 hour ago, chrisjaf said:

sorry but practising goes against championship rules,

Where in the DR2.0 World Series rules does it say that? 

• Like 1

Just now, richie said:

Where in the DR2.0 World Series rules does it say that? 

it don't but it would shake things up instead of same drivers winning all the time and spread some love around the community and get more people playing instead of it been elitist and putting casual players off even trying.

the more players we gain the longer the game lives the more fun we have playing.why are some people against the idea ?.is it that they aren't as fast as they think they are without a week of practise and afraid of putting in a low time ?.its a game people we are not going to win millions in cash or anything.

Edited by chrisjaf

4 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

it don't but it would shake things up instead of same drivers winning all the time and spread some love around the community and get more people playing instead of it been elitist and putting casual players off even trying.

Switching to unknown stages will only hurt normal players more. The only reason some of the normal drivers can even get close enough to see the top driver's ghosts is because they are allowed to practice before the race. If they didn't get to practice, the defeats would be even bigger. The top drivers don't need to practice to drive the stage at 90% of their skill to be safe (which is still 10 seconds faster than normal people) - practice let's them drive it comfortably at closer to 100% while still being safe.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

Switching to unknown stages will only hurt normal players more. The only reason some of the normal drivers can even get close enough to see the top driver's ghosts is because they are allowed to practice before the race. If they didn't get to practice, the defeats would be even bigger. The top drivers don't need to practice to drive the stage at 90% of their skill to be safe (which is still 10 seconds faster than normal people) - practice let's them drive it comfortably at closer to 100% while still being safe.

as you say fast drivers are all ways going to be fast so why the need for practise ?.we need to open the championship up to the casual players to get more people to play full stop but if your against the idea of more players then that's on you.

1 minute ago, chrisjaf said:

we need to open the championship up to the casual players to get more people to play full stop but if your against the idea of more players then that's on you

No one is against the idea of more players, but how is not showing the stage going to get more people in the event? There is no logical connection there. Half of the complaining about Daily events is that people couldn't see what the stage was, so if people can't even see the stage/class combo for a championship, do you think they are more likely to enter?

• Like 1

maybe split the championship into 3 levels beginner,intermediate,pro. based on in game championship level clubman ect.ect.so newbs still have a chance of competing with people of same skill

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

No one is against the idea of more players, but how is not showing the stage going to get more people in the event? There is no logical connection there. Half of the complaining about Daily events is that people couldn't see what the stage was, so if people can't even see the stage/class combo for a championship, do you think they are more likely to enter?

yes but how many people play daily events.almost all to hazard a guess

2 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

yes but how many people play daily events.almost all to hazard a guess

Oh I would not go that far, if anything you might be able to say half of the players do. I only queue up a daily if it looks entertaining to me, and I know a lot of other people on my friends list who are pretty much the same way; unless there is a fun stage/car combo or someone else set a time and then challenged us to beat it, we probably aren't doing the daily. I know we aren't alone in that.

So again, how does hiding the stage/car combo for the WC get more players into the event? I don't understand how it helps add people, only how it will scare people off.

• Agree 1

your an experienced player im talking about newbs to the game. that's how they cut their teeth

Edited by chrisjaf