Screen turning black midgame. [ZX]

Hi, i have an issue with the screen going black, it happened a few times before today's patch but much worse now (have only had the game 1 week). When it happens it looks like a pot of ink is being poured over the screen as it totally goes to blackout while the game including sound continues, a graphics issue i am sure but am struggling to get through a race.

Graphic's card should run the game fine albiet at low settings, it is very smooth during race. It's a radeon R9 255. Other pc specs comfortably over min requirements.

Help appreciated, thanks.

Hi @sleepyhead01

If you've not already done so, could you try updating your graphics drivers? If that doesn't fix it, could you send us in your DXDiag and Hardwear settings and the following information? Thanks!

When the issue occurs,

• Which game version?
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?:
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?:
  • Is it one track or multiple?
  • Which car were you in? 
  • Which game mode? 
  • Anything else you think might help us track it down

How to save a DXDiag

In Windows 7:

• Click on the "Start" Button.
  • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  • Click on “Save all Information.”
  • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  • Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

In Windows 8, Windows 10:

• Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.
  • In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  • Click on "Save all Information."
  • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  • Send that file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\"
  • Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Copy that new zipped folder and send it to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

Hi Faya, sorry for the late reply.

I have reduced the problem to an occassional issue by using dx11 not 12. It happens now but much less often, it would be nice to remove the problem totally and i have sent the dxdiag and hardware settings to you. TO answer some of your questions:

Which game version? 2019

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: Not multiplayer.

What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Nothing at all, no warning.

Is it one track or multiple? Seems to be any track

Which car were you in? McLaren and Haas (the only cars i've used).

Which game mode?  Career

Anything else you think might help us track it down . Only that it can happen when driving or in the pits but not when i am viewing the stat screens, when driving the black screen spreads from the bottom covering the car, it will usually then stop expanding allowing me to see the track and drive until i slow the car down then it resumes to cover the screen (sounds a bit odd yes).

Thanks for the help.

Hi @sleepyhead01 thank you for getting back to us. Would you be able to provide a video of this at all? Can I also get you to ensure that all of your graphics drivers are up-to-date to see if this helps the issue. Thanks 

Hi RedDevil, yes graphics are updated, there is a decent chance of the issue happening again if i go into game later and also once it occurs i can try and film it.  I will post or send to you once i have caught it.

Yeah @sleepyhead01 if you post the dxdiag here, I'll tell you what you can update and it'll fix the game for you. Plus, I probably am faster and have a higher success rate than Codemasters.

9/10 the game isn't broken, just Windows installations are outdated / corrupt / failed or need updates to firmware. DX12 should work for everyone on W10 with DX12 capable cards, except probably some Nvidia users.

27 minutes ago, sleepyhead01 said:

well you're very sure of yourself. )

Ok, here.

DxDiag.txt

Your machine is quite old. It has had no firmware updates since January 2014. That's over 5 years old.

Your Graphics drivers are 19.5.2; whilst that will pass Codemasters minimum requirement for F1 2019 (not saying that they will perform optimally) and of course they are NOT the latest.

Sadly the R9 255 seems to be an OEM (ASUS) special. There is no official mention of it on the AMD website. I suggest you DDU and try the latest WHQL 19.9.2 and hope that it will detect your hardware and install.

Your chipset drivers are also old. I would uninstall them and let W10 install a driver (unless it has already, check under Windows Update History).

Finally, you have 12GB of RAM. This is only achievable by having a mismatched pair or two mismatched pairs. I can't find enough information about either the chipset or the motherboard other than it might be 4 slots. Try running one pair or a single stick to give 8GB of RAM.

The chipset southbridge appears to have a documented HPET issue. It might be worth disabling in BIOS.

C:\ partition is running at around 10% free space - it's too small (160GB). You'd be better off getting an SSD and repartitioning the 2TB to use the space fully. But then the whole PC is looking like it might be prime for replacement as upgrades are possible everywhere (CPU/GPU/matched memory/SSD etc.). A GPU upgrade will be CPU limited and may make an OEM PSU trip or sag.

There are reference drivers for sound and LAN that are newer. The Microsoft XBox wireless controller and the nano controller for the wireless mouse might need separating if they're in adjacent USB ports, they should both be in the USB 2.0 rather than USB 3.0 ports.

I can't tell more without probably a HWiNFO report.

Sorry it might not be news you want to hear.

wow thats some reply. Thank you so much for the time you've taken. Yes its not the newest machine 4-5 years, nor to the spec i would have wanted (i built a previous pc to spec and loved it but that got too old).

It does run the game very smoothly, but am sure there are issues as you say, i will look at a few things over the coming days that you recommended and see if that helps. 

Awesome reply friend.

• Thanks 1