First Career Season in 2019 - quick question

I just have a quick question that hopefully someone can answer. 

Im relatively new to the formula 1 games. I have only ever played 2018 and now 2019. 

With that being said. Im obviously not very good and have a low difficulty rate (80 for qual and 85 for race) No ABS, Traction Control low and Manual with out Clutch

Im currently doing a Renault career, and its seems like my teammate is straight trash. Daniel hasnt qualified higher than 15th this whole season, (im at the USA race). I have qualified basically right where the team wants me to. 

Is it due to the low difficulty that effects the teammate of the player? Or is Renault that under powered compared to other teams, and im doing good because of the lower difficulty? 

Edited by Wofmann76

Riccardo's Ai is known amongst the community to be under performing. Whereas Perez is known to be over performing, as an example.

I noticed the same thing as you, had the Ai set to similar difficulty in my first season with Renault. Now in my second and have bumped it up to 90-95. Riccardo is out of F1 and got replaced by... Perez lol. Hulk to Racing Point.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Wofmann76 said:

I have it set at 80 during qual and 85 during the race. 

A setting of 80 is very high from my perspective, as I'm still a novice at this game.  My advise to you is to lose the traction control entirely. It should take a week or two to get acclimated without it, or even sooner.  You seem to be on the right track otherwise- just practice, practice, practice. Running endless laps in Tme Trials focusing on the basice of cornering and braking is what works for me when it comes to training. 

• Agree 1

Thank you guys for the replies. 

I guess with Riccardo having an under performing AI, i will just continue to carry Renault on my shoulders. Lol 🤣 

• Haha 2

Nothing else really to add other than hopefully you get a better teammate when the driver changes occur.  Good luck with the rest of your season!

• Agree 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:28 PM, Wofmann76 said:

I just have a quick question that hopefully someone can answer. 

Im relatively new to the formula 1 games. I have only ever played 2018 and now 2019. 

With that being said. Im obviously not very good and have a low difficulty rate (80 for qual and 85 for race) No ABS, Traction Control low and Manual with out Clutch

Im currently doing a Renault career, and its seems like my teammate is straight trash. Daniel hasnt qualified higher than 15th this whole season, (im at the USA race). I have qualified basically right where the team wants me to. 

Is it due to the low difficulty that effects the teammate of the player? Or is Renault that under powered compared to other teams, and im doing good because of the lower difficulty? 

Here is one invaluable website- the best imo, for all things pertaining to F1: http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/index.html

• Agree 1

I did a career with Renault (25% races) and really didn’t focus on reliability in R&D, just straight performance. By the end of season 1 Ricciardo and I were finishing 2nd through 4th regularly and at the start of season 2 we were running 1-2 through Spain.

Edited by MPHGP817
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

I did a career with Renault (25% races) and really didn’t focus on reliability in R&D, just straight performance. By the end of season 1 Ricciardo and I were finishing 2nd through 4th regularly and at the start of season 2 we were running 1-2 through Spain.

I might have to look into doing this. Just to see if it helps Riccardos AI