Enough is enough CM

As the title says, enough is enough.

CM is unable to fix anything in this badly implemented game. I loved to play f1 games since 2010 but what a mess!

The career is literally useless because of bad implementations:

- boring R&D programs

- silly transfers

- AI developing way too fast

- stupid questions about Butler and Weber

- Jeff saying for example « chance of rain in 10 minutes » in the last lap!

- too many sessions under the rain.

And of course the countless bugs coming back every year!

I finish my third year in career and then basta.

My recommendations : next year, we should all wait for a reduction of at least 50% before buying the game! Because this is still not worth the money they took from the customers since 2010.

Don’t tell not to buy the game. We all love f1 and we will buy it but let’s them make less money on this because that all that count for them (see this patch 1.10 - an insult to the customer).

And because there is no communication at CM, bye to you Bugmasters.

Edited by philappleraily
  • Agree 6

The Devin and Butler thing is pretty bad, especially considering they missed an opportunity to use Senna and Prost.lol

The Practice Programs are fine by me except the first one for learning the track layout. That one is miserable and I turn reminds on just for that one.  

There is a lot great with this game, but there were some really poor decisions that keep it from being what it should be. 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, BorislavAndonov said:

I want other company to make the F1 game next year.

Well this is not going to happen as Codies are already developing F1 2020 and have the rights until at least 2021.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

• Boring R&D programs - Don't do them then?
  • Silly transfers - Perhaps, but does that really ruin the game for you?  
  • AI developing way too fast - Consider it an added challenge.  Don't upgrade your car as quickly, and see how long you can still keep up on track.  Alternatively, keep in alignment with their development progress, and then, in theory, no one gains an unfair advantage.
  • Stupid questions about Butler and Weber - Can't argue with that.  I just pretend that Claire is an amateur reporter that doesn't know any better, or that's she's star struck by my presence and can't come up with any better.
  • Jeff being Jeff - Again, can't argue.  He's a pleb.  Wish there was a communication option where we could send him a snarky reply when he gives useless information like that.
  • Too many sessions under the rain - Now this is a real, legitimate issue that needs to be addressed.  Completely agree, and certainly not the first time it's been addressed.  I'm confident the issue has been addressed enough for it to be in CM's queue for a fix.

I can sympathize with the fact you're clearly frustrated, and I'm not here to tell you you're wrong for feeling the way you do.  However, trying to 'rally the troops' in a way to intentionally harm CM's business is uncalled-for, and far from the right way to convey your frustration.  You said yourself, you still played through 3 career seasons, so you're obviously getting value from your purchase - why then would you want to suggest people harm a business that's providing you value and entertainment?  Fair enough if you don't think the game is worth the amount you spent on it, but then just wait for it to naturally be offered at a discount before purchasing.  

It's not my intention to take over your thread here, so please just take my silly rant for what it is.

• Disagree 3

The things you stated are not bugs. They are simply things you dont like about the game or you wished worked different in the game. If those things  are working to how codemasters meant or decided thats how they should work, then its not something to fix. 

5 hours ago, DiGuB said:
  • Boring R&D programs - Don't do them then?
  • Silly transfers - Perhaps, but does that really ruin the game for you?  
  • AI developing way too fast - Consider it an added challenge.  Don't upgrade your car as quickly, and see how long you can still keep up on track.  Alternatively, keep in alignment with their development progress, and then, in theory, no one gains an unfair advantage.
  • Stupid questions about Butler and Weber - Can't argue with that.  I just pretend that Claire is an amateur reporter that doesn't know any better, or that's she's star struck by my presence and can't come up with any better.
  • Jeff being Jeff - Again, can't argue.  He's a pleb.  Wish there was a communication option where we could send him a snarky reply when he gives useless information like that.
  • Too many sessions under the rain - Now this is a real, legitimate issue that needs to be addressed.  Completely agree, and certainly not the first time it's been addressed.  I'm confident the issue has been addressed enough for it to be in CM's queue for a fix.

I can sympathize with the fact you're clearly frustrated, and I'm not here to tell you you're wrong for feeling the way you do.  However, trying to 'rally the troops' in a way to intentionally harm CM's business is uncalled-for, and far from the right way to convey your frustration.  You said yourself, you still played through 3 career seasons, so you're obviously getting value from your purchase - why then would you want to suggest people harm a business that's providing you value and entertainment?  Fair enough if you don't think the game is worth the amount you spent on it, but then just wait for it to naturally be offered at a discount before purchasing.  

It's not my intention to take over your thread here, so please just take my silly rant for what it is.

R&D program - if you don’t do them, why playing a careeer? What I meant that these are always the same program - no originality.

AI developing too fast - how is this realistic that a car in only 5 races goes from 8th to 1st place in ranking? Even spending all your resources points in developing your car is useless.

Here comes’ just for example, a bug to prove that CM is not listening or reading.

- pit lane limit 60 km/h at Silverstone from many many years. So difficult to fix? Without taking into account the several bugs coming back every year and fixed (sometimes) and then reappearing the next year! Fed up.

I’m sorry but this game is badly designed (career, interviews, Jeff, ...) without mentioning the 3 little scenario you have at the beginning of the season then nothing... Imagine a reporter asking questions to Raikkonen about let’s say Russell every race, every interview. Does that make sense to you?

I’m just telling that the game is worth half the price and I advice everyone to wait a discount to buy the game next year.

Imagine that an expensive wheel people buy is not recognized after 9 patches and here comes the 1.10 « patch » that does not fix anything but let you buy items. A total lack of respect.

I’m not trying to harm CM but simply to let them realize they have to listen to customers and they clearly do not do that. 

• Agree 3

People need to chill out when it comes to this game. Has anyone got any idea how long it takes to make a game like this, let alone changing something that is faulty/bug ? DONKEYS ! 

Now I know people are frustrated at certain aspects of the game but instead of full on kicking off about stuff shouldn't we try to be postive about what we actually want out of the game?  

Yes I agree that transfers mid season are silly. Easy solution to that is to only have them after the season ends. Done ! 

R&D does get extremely boring and I think we only need a few laps to determine the tyre wear and fuel usage for race spec, and maybe a hot lap or 2 for one lap pace. 

ERS should not be manual in my opinion. 

In regards to car progression, it just needs to cost a few more points to buy them and also the AI taking slightly longer to upgrade. 

All these negative vibes are going to give off the wrong impression when infact most of them may just need a few tweaks. 

Edited by inspiretheworld
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Right guys , 

for wheel users the game was brilliant from day one release and that's a clear fact ,

some where around patch 1.04 the game has got more bugs and ffb for wheel users especially in multiplayer has been muted 35% ,

i myself am a league owner and have sim raced for many years , have every f1 game and all the other sim games,

f12019 Senna vs Prost preorder 3 days early access was 99% ok ,

very few bugs ,ffb was excellent , sound was excellent , graphics were excellent ,

so tell me as an elder experienced sim racer and a long standing league owner why game has gone so bad in around 3 months of release,

I run on ps4 for f12019 t300 / racing rig,

And  sometimes iracing on PC,

i clearly know what's changed and all codemasters needed to do was rollback to patch 1.03 just to be on the safe side and they won't get negitive posts,

when I 1st played f12019 3 days early access I posted please codemasters don't change a thing apart from a little more ffb in the rain as game was 99% perfect and well done for producing a masterpiece ,

so don't tell people on here who have posted in bug section over and over without any reply from codemasters at all that they are unhelpful ok,

if I can simply with a disc version of game solved ffb problem on a lowly ps4 by not updating f12019 from day one then codemasters can do that easily ,

they added more bugs then we had ok,

classic cars go faster around monza then the f12019 cars which drive like tanks,

how do I know ,because I have invested hundreds of hours practicing and testing for league races,

It mainly affects wheels users and codemasters won't find the problem by testing with current patches,

they need to test on a wheel on patch .1.03 then test with latest patch 1.10 and so how poor the game is in 7 updates,

we all want this game to be the success as it was from day one release and we all want codemasters to succeed ok as it benefits all of us,

but at the moment f12019 is as bad as it gets ,

i myself will never preorder again and will wait until game is sale price of £20 say,

i feell cheated out of £65 Senna vs Prost legends edition and I could not buy disc version ,

and to add insult to injury codemasters reduced f12019 30% discount in under 2 months of day one release,

had they not messed f12019 up so badly by adding bugs and killing ffb with updates this game would have sold at full price for many months,

hence bad business and very poor customer relations and that's another fact,

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

People are angry and I fully understand that. Codemaster have been treating theirs base customers so poorly and the patch 1.10 put oil on the fire for many of them. It's been 5 weeks without a patch that TRY to fixe some of the issues. CM has tell us with the patch 1.10 that prefer develop cosmetic over offering a better quality of the game by patching the issues that we encounter. For many players the solution is simple roll back to patch 1.04 including myself. Why is so hard to CM to say alright it seems like we have made some moves in the wrong direction let's roll back to patch 1.04 and work from there to offers a better game for the people that pay our salaries. As much i love F1 and F1 game for me it would be the last one. The patch 1.10 it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Carrer mode is so broken with R&D and AI developping way too fast Williams passing from the last position to first in two season TWO SEASON and put us 1 to 1,5 sec each lap. I don't think it have too many rains session it just when it rains it become impossible to compete against AI and the list goes on and on but people above me have already address them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

@senna94f1 I presume you can't go back to using 2018? It seems drastic I know but CM bowed to the masses pad brigade and flash YouTube brigade with the latest patches and that's where their main customer base ($$$) lies. I completely sympathize with you but believe only boycotting the gsme entirely by serious users will make a dent in the patch policy. There are a lot of casual users who play the game only because it is supposed to be realistic who don't care at all about playability (they can just turn all assists on anyway). These people might turn away from 2019 if serious league organizers like yourself started rolling back to 2018, especially if it's on esports or live streaming with commentary such as on Twitch /YouTube.

The forums here are for a tiny minority of us who strive for excellence and don't affect major dev plans at all I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Right guys , 

for wheel users the game was brilliant from day one release and that's a clear fact ,

some where around patch 1.04 the game has got more bugs and ffb for wheel users especially in multiplayer has been muted 35% ,

i myself am a league owner and have sim raced for many years , have every f1 game and all the other sim games,

f12019 Senna vs Prost preorder 3 days early access was 99% ok ,

very few bugs ,ffb was excellent , sound was excellent , graphics were excellent ,

so tell me as an elder experienced sim racer and a long standing league owner why game has gone so bad in around 3 months of release,

I run on ps4 for f12019 t300 / racing rig,

And  sometimes iracing on PC,

i clearly know what's changed and all codemasters needed to do was rollback to patch 1.03 just to be on the safe side and they won't get negitive posts,

when I 1st played f12019 3 days early access I posted please codemasters don't change a thing apart from a little more ffb in the rain as game was 99% perfect and well done for producing a masterpiece ,

so don't tell people on here who have posted in bug section over and over without any reply from codemasters at all that they are unhelpful ok,

if I can simply with a disc version of game solved ffb problem on a lowly ps4 by not updating f12019 from day one then codemasters can do that easily ,

they added more bugs then we had ok,

classic cars go faster around monza then the f12019 cars which drive like tanks,

how do I know ,because I have invested hundreds of hours practicing and testing for league races,

It mainly affects wheels users and codemasters won't find the problem by testing with current patches,

they need to test on a wheel on patch .1.03 then test with latest patch 1.10 and so how poor the game is in 7 updates,

we all want this game to be the success as it was from day one release and we all want codemasters to succeed ok as it benefits all of us,

but at the moment f12019 is as bad as it gets ,

i myself will never preorder again and will wait until game is sale price of £20 say,

i feell cheated out of £65 Senna vs Prost legends edition and I could not buy disc version ,

and to add insult to injury codemasters reduced f12019 30% discount in under 2 months of day one release,

had they not messed f12019 up so badly by adding bugs and killing ffb with updates this game would have sold at full price for many months,

hence bad business and very poor customer relations and that's another fact,

I will summarize this stop-on post. This game is lazy AF. 

• Agree 2

We could guys go back to to f1 2018 in our league ,but we've decided enough really is enough ,

we will go back to pcars2 which is tried and trusted , 

we ran f1 from start of year f12018 then onto f12019 ,

even pad users have had enough , I love f1 but I from now on will only buy f1 games when there been out for serve months at a fraction of a new game,

so with great sadness we are going forward in all our leagues with pcars2 ,

i myself am dumbfounded by codemasters , only ever had one reply from a mod on here called Hoo ,

i am am not angry or anything but I will write strong emails to liberty media and the official f1 about how customers get treated with pure contempt ,

my advice codemasters is listen to people who want you to succeed and listen especially to the sim racers who promote your game and company who also love f1,

if you don't then you don't deserve the lience to make f1 video games ,

long live Pcars 2 and SMS studios at least they reply and fix bugs ,

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

long live Pcars 2 and SMS studios at least they reply and fix bugs ,

As you'd expect, being somewhat crowdfunded. Different business model (and development schedules) altogether.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

As you'd expect, being somewhat crowdfunded. Different business model (and development schedules) altogether.

What a ridiculous thing to say. You mean that, because we all paid full price for a game, we shouldn't expect bugs to be fixed asap? People like you enable publishers and game devs to get away with robbery. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, scottishwildcat said:

I hear you but I come from a land of when you buy a product they should at least try to fix game instead of adding more bugs with patches lol,

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

I hear you but I come from a land of when you buy a product they should at least try to fix game instead of adding more bugs with patches lol,

Glad to hear you happy with pcars 2. My game of choice right now maybe I will see y'all on track sometime! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Glad to hear you happy with pcars 2. My game of choice right now maybe I will see y'all on track sometime! 

Downloaded it today. 

• Agree 2

So what's it going to be next year guys? Same again, purchasing before ensuring the game is up to your standards? You know codemasters reputation for buggy f1 games but you all buy at full price, by preorder, on release day or soon after. I dont understand you. I still haven't purchased this years game and wont unless I'm happy that cm have got the game into a state that I'm ok with. I didnt buy last years game either. The power resides with your wallet. You are making yourselves miserable.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I love F1 and I love playing this game but I haven't really bothered with career mode, partly because of comments I read here but mostly I more so enjoy doing the weekly multiplayer challenges and setting times on different maps. And I started off just doing the Senna vs. Prost challenges.

That said the game has been very very glitchy when trying to join an unranked multiplayer game for me. 50/50 chance it will fail and out of those fails there's a good chance it will get stuck with that circle spinning forever. Going to home on the XBOX and then restarting F1 doesn't work. I've had to load up a whole other game and then quit that and then load F1 again to get it to break out of the loop.

Other than that I agree too much rain in the weekly challenges and time trials and apparently career mode.

☘️ As for the price, I got the legends edition on sale on the Xbox Store for $48.99 a couple of weeks ago. About a month or so after it released. So I'm not as upset as I'd be if I paid the I think regular price of $70. 

Edited by Pitchpole
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, scottishwildcat said:

It has nothing to do with crowdfunding. Visceral games developed Dead Space, that was a crowdfunded game for the PC. That team never answered anyone, until a Electronic Arts bought the company.  

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 1

I loved F1 2018, but i am so much disappointed by the unability from CM to answer here. It is so frustating... 

• Agree 1

Of course I will buy next years game but won't make the mistake I made this year,

i will wait couple of months then buy game for next to nothing and I will never ever buy a digital game again,

All  my other f1 games from year dot were disc Versions ,

i am a huge f1 fan and even worked at silverstone for f1 but this years game almost killed the love of f1 and wasted hundreds of hours of testing and practicing when deep down we know they are not going to fix f12019 ,

RIP f12019 

• Agree 1