Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DELETE PLEASE

Can i ask if you know how Rallye actually works?

But CM will be releasing the Rallycross events eventually for DiRT Rally and that could cater to what you are asking for.

Rally is all about getting through them tight gaps sliding around them really tight turns, point to point rally circuits I think need to be really narrow but if your in an actual race then yeah, more road please lol :)

It's hard enough getting past people even with a wider track if the competition is close with bumper to bumper racing let alone a narrow circuit. It would end up being a case of having to wait for a mistake to gain a position or something along them lines
 But I'm easy either way, just love having close fast racing lol :)

This is supposed to be a rally sim, so it should simulate rally, and driving at insane speeds across tracks on which your car can barely fit is exactly what rally is about. My opinion is that if something doesn;t happen in actual WRC races, it shouldn't be in this game.

PS. WRC4 is a very poor game, in my opinion the only proper rally sim out there is Richard Burns Rally

OP do not understand how Rallying work.....

OP, go check the definition of rallying, and then come back here.

If CM was to do what you are suggesting, the game would have to change name!

The game doesn't need to add silly arcade features to hold my interest... It already holds my interest because I'm interested in rallying.

Without meaning to pick on the OP its "rallying", not "rally racing". The term "rally racing" makes me cringe! 

As said DiRT Rally is representing pure stage rally (at least at the moment). It's true that other games - such as WRC4 - have already done this before but, to be frank, the car handling through the recent (Milestone) WRC series has been awful.

The forthcoming rallycross pack for DiRT Rally should address your desire to race with other cars!

The OP made me laugh a bit, but I know what he's getting at. How to make online more exciting.

I've never played Dirt3, stuff like that online with other people, so I don't know what facilities it has. But I was thinking of something like a lobby, where everyone can chat, and each person goes off in turn and does a stage. While each person runs the stage the rest can see the vid of it happening, configure your car etc.

Another could be where you have ten players and ten stages for example, and each player goes off and does a different stage all at the same time. When they complete they return to the lobby and then everyone does a different stage until they are all completed. A chance to review what each player did after each stage would be good, and maybe the option of ghosts where you see the ghost of the best time done on the stage so far.

Since you cannot see the other competitor how is the game going to keep the interest of the player while racing? If you just racing against time will that be enough to hold the interest of the player to keep racing the track over and over again? You cant see your opponents and you cant see what time they have archived on the track while racing.

How would you race against several human opponents if you cant see them? You all race at the same time but all appearing as a ghost? So there is no bumping into each other? Or do you need to compete individually? So your really not playing with someone your just trying to beat their record? Is that how its going to be?

It would be nice if you can select 1-5 opponents records and when you start you will see their ghost so it be like that your racing with them. :smile: I know this is not how it works in reality with real rally racing. But to keep it interesting i think having several ghost that you can challenge will motivate players to keep wanting to race the track over and over again.

It just helps when you can see your opponent instead of just relying on time to know if you have beaten them.

Another idea:
Since this has not been done before and its not really in reality but I just am thinking about the interest factor here.
Would it help if you can over haul the tracks so you can race with other opponents? Will that work?  So the tracks will be wider to allow 10 opponents to be on it at the same time?
You have this in arcade race games but its arcade and not a hardcore dirt race sim. So If racing in dirt rally is hardcore just like PC then it would set a new challenge for players to compete in.

You got to learn to control your car on a surface that takes lots of skill plus you got to watch out for the other player on the track so you dont just crash and knock him out. And they can be penalties if you try to knock the other players out just like in PC. You got to learn to handle your car plus having the skills not to knock the other player out while on the dirt.

Perhaps if this is a good idea it could be tested to see how well players will react to this? If they like this kind of style of do most just want to race with time only? Does everyone longs to race side by side with other players and AI opponents? Or do most just want to race against time and see that as a lasting motivating factor?

I also mentioned this because there is already a game called WRC 4 where it just all solo and time base. And if you want solo play you can buy WRC 4
So is Dirt rally going to be sort of like a clone to WRC 4 in terms of competing with time? WRC 5 is only in the works.

Here is a review on wrc4
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/wrc-4-fia-world-rally-championship-review/1900-6415511/
They have ghost too so how would Dirt rally be different in terms of giving racers a new challenging exp that they have not exp before?

so perhaps having this new concept of rally racing might be more enjoyable to everyone if the tracks are wider plus hard core racing NOT arcade like racing.

Is this a bad idea will it work? Or just something not needed for this game as it a game all about solo competition? And that Ghosting will just be enough??

This is why we can't have nice things. WRC series is an abomination. Let's not even mentinon that title. Google "Rallying", or "Rally Racing" if You are from USA.

dirt3joe said:
The OP made me laugh a bit, but I know what he's getting at. How to make online more exciting.

I've never played Dirt3, stuff like that online with other people, so I don't know what facilities it has. But I was thinking of something like a lobby, where everyone can chat, and each person goes off in turn and does a stage. While each person runs the stage the rest can see the vid of it happening, configure your car etc.

Another could be where you have ten players and ten stages for example, and each player goes off and does a different stage all at the same time. When they complete they return to the lobby and then everyone does a different stage until they are all completed. A chance to review what each player did after each stage would be good, and maybe the option of ghosts where you see the ghost of the best time done on the stage so far.

Dirt 3 had it similar to the real thing but with shorter time gaps, I think it was around 15s, so if you were faster than the person in front or someone crashed out you would have to pass/avoid them on your run.

Anyway I disagree with everything he said, the whole reason CM turned to crap was because they tried to make it more 'exciting' and introduced all the Americanised rubbish that isn't part of WRC. It would be like Konami making PES more like American Football to try and get Fifa sales numbers, it simply doesn't work and you end up with a worse product, Codemasters need to just forget NFS sales and focus on quality again and hopefully this is a step towards that.

Can this thread be delete as its not needed any more. :smile:

I totally agree i dont like arcade game either but was thinking if chasing ghost is enough to capture alot of fans out there? Buy anyway perhaps rally will work beating each other time.
Thanks again!