Insufficient Storage

Question

I want to play F1 2019 but every time i start the game it tells me i got insufficient storage on my C drive (see picture)

But i've checked everything for the save and storage settings and everything should be on my D drive.

if someone knows how to solve this problem (appart from deleting stuff cuz i keep doing that and i'm done with it) 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.13 - 09.47.09.45.png

• Confused 1

7 answers to this question

Is the box correct that you only have 1520mb of space on the C drive? I assume 'Your Documents' folder is located on this drive, which includes replay and config files for example.

You may have to look for a way to get the Your Documents folder to another drive, maybe?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Good evening!

I'd love to hear back from you as I'm not 100% sure what you mean with the disagree reaction. Do you mean that the documents folder is not on your C drive, or? 

as i've stated in my original post deleting or moving documents is not what i want. sure it solves the problem for some time but eventually the problem reocurs. 
i've deleted unnesesary files and moved my documents/video/pictures storage to my D drive so i cant relocate that.

that leaves me to figuring out why F1 2019 (and also 2017 and 2018) needs these 2GB every time when it starts up. i'm guessing its for temperary storage during playing the game.
and also how to change that cuz all my steam and F1 related files are in my other drives

On 9/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, UP100 said:

Is the box correct that you only have 1520mb of space on the C drive? I assume 'Your Documents' folder is located on this drive, which includes replay and config files for example.

You may have to look for a way to get the Your Documents folder to another drive, maybe?

1 minute ago, nettur39 said:

as i've stated in my original post deleting or moving documents is not what i want. sure it solves the problem for some time but eventually the problem reocurs. 
i've deleted unnesesary files and moved my documents/video/pictures storage to my D drive so i cant relocate that.

that leaves me to figuring out why F1 2019 (and also 2017 and 2018) needs these 2GB every time when it starts up. i'm guessing its for temperary storage during playing the game.
and also how to change that cuz all my steam and F1 related files are in my other drives

Okay, I was just wondering if the Documents folder is in the C drive as the game requires at least 2GB of space in the 'Your Documents' folder. If it's not, then I don't know anything else.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, nettur39 said:

Well, either create the space or don't play the game, you can't have both. 

Running your system drive with such little free space means you will 

a) have poor performance (either HDD or SSD, in fact wear on an SSD will increase)

b) won't be able to upgrade Windows soon either

Either way, your attitude is heading towards trouble. You need to buy more storage.

• Agree 1

@UP100 Although not completly correct it did give me another idea. most of the time these type of files are created in the appdata folders. obviously moving or deleting this file is not a cakewalk. but i think i managed to solve so i can play it now.

@steviejay69 my C drive is a 60GB SSD so i'm not surprised its nearly full. and buy more storage???? dude i got 3 other drives with a combined cappacity of 6.5TB and got about 60% of it left.
besides what u mean my attitude is heading towards trouble. IMO you should stick to giving the necessary info in stead of judging people

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nettur39 said:

@UP100 Although not completly correct it did give me another idea. most of the time these type of files are created in the appdata folders. obviously moving or deleting this file is not a cakewalk. but i think i managed to solve so i can play it now.

@steviejay69 my C drive is a 60GB SSD so i'm not surprised its nearly full. and buy more storage???? dude i got 3 other drives with a combined cappacity of 6.5TB and got about 60% of it left.
besides what u mean my attitude is heading towards trouble. IMO you should stick to giving the necessary info in stead of judging people

Then why is your 60GB drive the system drive you moron? How's that for judgemental?